THC - Maryjewona cons & pros?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
North of Houston.

I've seen kids lose full ride scholarships to play ball (and ultimately not even go to college) because of pot, drop out of school to sell, skip class (and fail) to smoke, separation without benefits from military service.

Never seen anyone pop prescription pills.
I can't believe you don't see the difference in the arguments being presented here. We are talking about pills being legitimately dangerous and hurting people through addiction and possibly death. You are seeing people that are making bad choices and because it is illegal or not allowed, they are messing up their lives by making poor choices, they are not putting their lives in danger.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neat! Well that is a great way to start quality control and thus start a tax for it to provide income for the state.
( step 2 in what I would do. :) )
$33 million to the state last year and that is expected to triple once recreation licenses are granted in January.

av6258

av6258

Awards
North of Houston.

I've seen kids lose full ride scholarships to play ball (and ultimately not even go to college) because of pot, drop out of school to sell, skip class (and fail) to smoke, separation without benefits from military service.

Never seen anyone pop prescription pills.
From Houston and you have never seen anyone pop pills? Come on man....Houston is the home of "syrup sippin" promethizine with codine cough syrup mixed with sprite. It's probably some of the most addicting **** on the planet.

To say that you have seen more people fall from weed then from hard **** is just naive.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think someone is just anti weed no matter what pos points are mentioned.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
$33 million to the state last year and that is expected to triple once recreation licenses are granted in January.
So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra “tax” that your state implemented.
Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything’s legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From Houston and you have never seen anyone pop pills? Come on man....Houston is the home of "syrup sippin" promethizine with codine cough syrup mixed with sprite. It's probably some of the most addicting **** on the planet.

To say that you have seen more people fall from weed then from hard **** is just naive.
I never said anywhere that I'm from Houston. I live North OF Houston, not in North Houston.

It isn't naive, its my personal.experience. I've personally seen more people screw up their lives with weed than I have with any other substance (followed closely by alcohol).

I don't associate myself with people that do drugs, so I wouldn't be in a situation to see people pop pills. But I don't ever even hear people talking about prescription pills, all the talk out here is about marijuana.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra "tax" that your state implemented.
Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything's legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.
I don't think there's a quality control you can put on Meth. Or crack. Or *insert majority of drugs here*.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't believe you don't see the difference in the arguments being presented here. We are talking about pills being legitimately dangerous and hurting people through addiction and possibly death. You are seeing people that are making bad choices and because it is illegal or not allowed, they are messing up their lives by making poor choices, they are not putting their lives in danger.
You have on more than one occasion put a stigma on alcohol in a very similar fashion. Drinking alcohol in itself won't kill you (an excessive amount yes, but not the amount used recreationally), people that have negative experiences with alcohol that ruin their lives come in the same fashion as those that do it with weed.

Why is that any different than what I'm doing?

You argue against alcohol because people ruin their, and other people's, lives with what they do while under the influence of alcohol; but the alcohol itself didn't do it. Why can't I make the same argument when its against a substance I disagree with?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have on more than one occasion put a stigma on alcohol in a very similar fashion. Drinking alcohol in itself won't kill you (an excessive amount yes, but not the amount used recreationally), people that have negative experiences with alcohol that ruin their lives come in the same fashion as those that do it with weed.

Why is that any different than what I'm doing?

You argue against alcohol because people ruin their, and other people's, lives with what they do while under the influence of alcohol; but the alcohol itself didn't do it. Why can't I make the same argument when its against a substance I disagree with?
What? I drink alcohol, and regardless, your argument isn't valid in this conversation. If you can't understand why by now, I am not going to bother trying to explain why.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra “tax” that your state implemented.
Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything’s legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.
No, you carry a license now as a medical card. They are very easy to obtain and this is where the state is making their money. Fees, taxes, etc.. In January, we will have both medical and recreation dispensaries. The rec ones will have high taxes and fees associated, but you will not need a license. If you are 21 and a resident of CO, you can walk in like a liquor store. It will be much more to purchase items than at the medical dispensaries, but many people don't want to go through the process of getting the medical license.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What? I drink alcohol, and regardless, your argument isn't valid in this conversation. If you can't understand why by now, I am not going to bother trying to explain why.
You're correct.

It wasn't you, it was other posters.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I don't think there's a quality control you can put on Meth. Or crack. Or *insert majority of drugs here*.
Crack is just a basterdized version of coke. Methamphetamine is already regulated by the FDA for the treatment of ADHD, and drugs like LSD and MDMA can be synthase in a "clean" way that dont require fertilizer and gasoline. Hell the government even experimented with LSD back in the 60's on brilliant minds.
I do believe though that when abused any substance is evil from crack and heroin to otc sleeping pills.I for one do not take drugs, I dont have the desire nor the time to, but I find the argument interesting. :)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
No, you carry a license now as a medical card. They are very easy to obtain and this is where the state is making their money. Fees, taxes, etc.. In January, we will have both medical and recreation dispensaries. The rec ones will have high taxes and fees associated, but you will not need a license. If you are 21 and a resident of CO, you can walk in like a liquor store. It will be much more to purchase items than at the medical dispensaries, but many people don't want to go through the process of getting the medical license.
I like my idea better. lol. for each substance you need a license. then a tax on the items you want to buy.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What quality control would be put into place for recreational sales?

When it can be bought anywhere, what stops people from getting the exact same stuff they get now? What stops shop owners from buying the same low quality crap that can be laced with other substabces and selling it out of their shop? Or, the far more likely scenario, what stops everyone from buying it the same way they do now for much less with no taxes placed on it?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

When it can be bought anywhere, what stops people from getting the exact same stuff they get now? What stops shop owners from buying the same low quality crap that can be laced with other substabces and selling it out of their shop? Or, the far more likely scenario, what stops everyone from buying it the same way they do now for much less with no taxes placed on it?
As I mentioned before, the state requires lab testing on everything and it is incredibly strict with grows and the audit process that the state has on all of this. They have to account for every single gram and where it came from or risk being fined and shut down. Nobody is going to spend a million+ to open a shop with the grow and fees, just to be shut down for being an idiot.

What is to stop people from buying on the black market? Nothing. That isn't part of this discussion, though. And to actually talk about lacing pot shows how little you actually know about any of this. I am sorry that some people you know are stupid and make poor choices, because it is really clouding your thinking and perception.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As I mentioned before, the state requires lab testing on everything and it is incredibly strict with grows and the audit process that the state has on all of this. They have to account for every single gram and where it came from or risk being fined and shut down. Nobody is going to spend a million+ to open a shop with the grow and fees, just to be shut down for being an idiot.

What is to stop people from buying on the black market? Nothing. That isn't part of this discussion, though. And to actually talk about lacing pot shows how little you actually know about any of this. I am sorry that some people you know are stupid and make poor choices, because it is really clouding your thinking and perception.
It's not clouding any part of my judgement. I hated pot LONG before I knew anyone who smoked it. I hate anything that alters the state of a persons mind.

I have heard of pot being laced with other **** on multiple occasions, so yes it happens.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
The plants and product are electronicly tracked from seed to sale. 100% acountability.
The *******s that lace pot give a legit business a bad name.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards

If there were shops set up to sell it much like liquor stores, and have the FDA looking at it in a similar fashion as booze I believe that it would set a "fair market value”, get the gangs and cartels out of the process, plus set a standard for what could be sold. Granted much like booze you will still get the "bootleggers" but that trade is all but dead when was the last time some one asked you to buy some bath tub gin. Again this is me hypothesizing and playing devils advocate. But I think that if the substances were brought out of the black market and into the main stream we as a society would have far less problems with the issue as a whole.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to step back and really think about your comments and realize everything you are commenting on is based on opinion and fables. It is cool that you have your convictions, but they are allowing you to believe things that are very unreal.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to step back and really think about your comments and realize everything you are commenting on is based on opinion and fables. It is cool that you have your convictions, but they are allowing you to believe things that are very unreal.
Very unreal? I'm asking legitimate questions and bringing up stuff that actually happens. Just because you haven't had it happen to you, does not mean it doesn't happen.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there were shops set up to sell it much like liquor stores, and have the FDA looking at it in a similar fashion as booze I believe that it would set a "fair market value", get the gangs and cartels out of the process, plus set a standard for what could be sold. Granted much like booze you will still get the "bootleggers" but that trade is all but dead when was the last time some one asked you to buy some bath tub gin. Again this is me hypothesizing and playing devils advocate. But I think that if the substances were brought out of the black market and into the main stream we as a society would have far less problems with the issue as a whole.
Maybe so.

But if it costs $30 for a gram now (or ounce or whatever) and taxes to buy it at a legit shop shoot the price to $50 for a gram (or whatever, significantly more) why would anyone buy from the shop owner when they can go to the same guy they always got it from before?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I with Jimbuick when I say I have seen Pot mess up peoples lives. I have seen straight A kids go down bad paths. It is really more of a person by person thing though. Usually drug addiction is simply a cover for a much deeper issue but they are either too ashamed or weak to deal with it. And as far as weed being laced goes that was the reason I quit smoking dude as a joke put PCP on a sack I got and bam Im wet. turned me off of drugs for ever.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Maybe so.

But if it costs $30 for a gram now (or ounce or whatever) and taxes to buy it at a legit shop shoot the price to $50 for a gram (or whatever, significantly more) why would anyone buy from the shop owner when they can go to the same guy they always got it from before?
my hypothetical answer would be quality. If its regulated it would have to meet a certain standard and be tested to make sure it is at acceptable levels. I still have friends that Rave or what ever who will drive an extra two hours to a guy they can get good stuff from that isn’t cut with a bunch of garbage, so I dont think it would be to far off to think some one would pay an extra 20 for a guarantied product . Or bringing it back to the alcohol similarity why would some one pay $250 dollars for Jonny Walker Blue label when they can pay 30 for black label, quality.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I find that a nice strong sativa will bring me out of whatever funk I'm in and help me stay sane, but on occasion can give me anxiety. I have been through numerous anti-depression drugs while not smoking and all did nothing positive for me, just created more problems. I have ptsd and am not depressed (depression is what the doctor and va say I have). Enough of my rant lol. Long story short, I can see both sides of the arguement but for me it has been very beneficial for me, both in personal and professional life. I think the days of refer madness are about gone. I love marijuana and it has made a world of difference for me. In my experience, I have found that proper help is very hard to find so I must take matters into my own hands. Good luck to all who partake in this discussion.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
good night boys good debate!

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Im Pro mj, i would like to see it legal nationwide but only at whole sale prices :) On another note, how bout some knock offs being sold legally such as k2, potporri, bathsalts.. etc lets get rid of the knockoffs and get the real deal yay?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Im Pro mj, i would like to see it legal nationwide but only at whole sale prices :) On another note, how bout some knock offs being sold legally such as k2, potporri, bathsalts.. etc lets get rid of the knockoffs and get the real deal yay?
All in!

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
It's not clouding any part of my judgement. I hated pot LONG before I knew anyone who smoked it. I hate anything that alters the state of a persons mind.

I have heard of pot being laced with other **** on multiple occasions, so yes it happens.
So much lolz in this thread.

Ever drank coffee? Had a beer? A pre-workout?

And pot doesn't make bad students by the way... hanging out with the wrong crowd might, though. There is definitely a connection for the "bad crowd" with weed in youth. But guess what? That's because the bad crowd does things that are illegal. If pot were excepted as the harmless plant that it really is, it wouldn't be associated with "evil" like you preach. A very common misconception among marijuana "haters".

And seriously.... lacing weed... pffft what a waste of money for anyone selling it. I can't even tell you the last time I ever heard the term "laced weed". Probably been like 10 years and possibly the most popular lie anyone has ever said about their weed in an attempt to brag about its potency. Its like an extinct phrase in the culture now. Probably because its bull****...

Your opinion is becoming more and more scarce as the US becomes educated on the culture of cannabis and it WILL be legal sooner than you think... so have fun!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So much lolz in this thread.

Ever drank coffee? Had a beer? A pre-workout?

And pot doesn't make bad students by the way... hanging out with the wrong crowd might, though. There is definitely a connection for the "bad crowd" with weed in youth. But guess what? That's because the bad crowd does things that are illegal. If pot were excepted as the harmless plant that it really is, it wouldn't be associated with "evil" like you preach. A very common misconception among marijuana "haters".

Your opinion is becoming more and more scarce as the US becomes educated on the culture of cannabis and it WILL be legal sooner than you think... so have fun!!
Allow me to clarify, I dislike all things that negatively impact my state of mind.

I have had a beer, once, and I didn't like the feeling. I don't drink, and never did before then.

And no, I don't drink coffee either. As I stated in an earlier post.

Even when its legal, the same crowd will do the same **** because it'll still be illegal for them. Just like cigarettes are, and just like alcohol is. So it being legal would literally change none of the things you brought up.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Hey man, just trying to educate you a bit. You clearly hate a lot of things that most would consider harmless in moderation and that's cool, but you have to understand most people are more experienced and would consider that statement a bit odd. There are many beneficial substances used today (even by you I bet) that alter your mind in some way be it major or minor.

Your experience probably represents the lower 0.001% of the population's on the subject.

Flame away, I'm all done. I'm not helping anyone. Just entertaining myself while I get crunk off this lemon honey tea (which is causing a mild euphoria may I add)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man, just trying to educate you a bit. You clearly hate a lot of things that most would consider harmless in moderation and that's cool, but you have to understand most people are more experienced and would consider that statement a bit odd. There are many beneficial substances used today (even by you I bet) that alter your mind in some way be it major or minor.

Your experience probably represents the lower 0.001% of the population's on the subject.
I'm aware, I didn't make my stance perfectly clear because I assumed it would be inferred based upon my earlier posts.

I never claimed to be the majority.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i use the o-pen vaporizer with a indica oil. i tried all kinds of sleep supps but after a couple tokes off the vaporizer and about an hr later im out!!!

av6258

av6258

Awards
On the money with this one. Especially since this bath salt thing has people jumping off buildings and running from the cops naked. It's like the second coming of dust. It's illegal to smoke a blunt but you can buy bathsalts in a gas station. Just ridiculous

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
On the money with this one. Especially since this bath salt thing has people jumping off buildings and running from the cops naked. It's like the second coming of dust. It's illegal to smoke a blunt but you can buy bathsalts in a gas station. Just ridiculous
Don't forget about eating peoples faces either!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Don't forget about eating peoples faces either!
That guy in Miami didnt have any "bath salts" in his system... only.. and I hesitate to say it… pot

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL, you don't think that weed made him strip naked, chase a man down the highway, and eat his face? That is an astute observation! Smart money goes on the fact that they can't test for all the synthetic crap that is consumed now.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, you don't think that weed made him strip naked, chase a man down the highway, and eat his face? That is an astute observation! Smart money goes on the fact that they can't test for all the synthetic crap that is consumed now.
No one said that.

But, to your second point, they can test for the bath salts and spice. They test for them in the military and catch people for it all the time.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I dont either

Being that most of those grey area drugs are synthesized from one base chemical or another a toxicology report may not be able to pin point exactly whats in the persons system but they will test positive for the base substance for example 4-mmc or mephadorone (the big bath salt that everyone was scared of) will make you positive for amphetamines.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No one said that.

But, to your second point, they can test for the bath salts and spice. They test for them in the military and catch people for it all the time.
*sigh* I wasn't posting that against your comment. Also, my point on what they can't test for was pulled from the article that stated they didn't find bath salts, but they can't test for everything that is out there. I do realize they can test for other things.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
*sigh* I wasn't posting that against your comment. Also, my point on what they can't test for was pulled from the article that stated they didn't find bath salts, but they can't test for everything that is out there. I do realize they can test for other things.
I know man. I was just saying that when they do tox screens and drug test all of those "bath salts" will pop a positive for another, I think established drug would be the correct term. The guy in Miami was a just crazy who went of the deep end and decided to eat some face lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, thank you for recognizing that. Hopefully we can leave it at that and carry on this conversation. *thumbup*

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
I have a few buddies that use products like k2 and stuff and they use it to avoid/pass drug screens while on probation and stuff. I'v also heard it gets you a whole new level of high compared to MJ, some have said it is comparable to meth, i havent tried it so i can't say thats 100%.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
I have a few buddies that use products like k2 and stuff and they use it to avoid/pass drug screens while on probation and stuff. I'v also heard it gets you a whole new level of high compared to MJ, some have said it is comparable to meth, i havent tried it so i can't say thats 100%.
Comparable to meth? Bahahahha

Dude... seriously. Meth is a extremely potent amphetamine. Severely addictive. Perspective would be like a preworkout that feels so damn good that your body will do what it takes to stay tweeked. No food. No rational thoughts. Straight up teeth grinding energy. Who is telling you this bs... it feels like middle school.

K2 gets you to a whole new level of suck. There is no replacement for the mellow, natural buzz of cannabis. K2 feels so unnatural, almost like the feeling of "I probably shouldn't be smoking this". I stupidly smoked a bunch with a buddy and yes, it gets you to a level of high. A level that sucks and no one should enjoy. Totally dirty and uncomfortable. Doesn't taste as good, doesn't seem natural and damn sure doesn't relax you like actual herb.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Comparable to meth? Bahahahha

Dude... seriously. Meth is a extremely potent amphetamine. Severely addictive. Perspective would be like a preworkout that feels so damn good that your body will do what it takes to stay tweeked. No food. No rational thoughts. Straight up teeth grinding energy. Who is telling you this bs... it feels like middle school.

K2 gets you to a whole new level of suck. There is no replacement for the mellow, natural buzz of cannabis. K2 feels so unnatural, almost like the feeling of "I probably shouldn't be smoking this". I stupidly smoked a bunch with a buddy and yes, it gets you to a level of high. A level that sucks and no one should enjoy. Totally dirty and uncomfortable. Doesn't taste as good, doesn't seem natural and damn sure doesn't feel good like actual herb.
semi ROBO trip?

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
You think every bag of synthetic MJ is the same? Some guy will rake your leaves for free take it to his bathtub crush em up and put his chemical compound on it to get the consumer high, some spots absorbing more chemical than others they call em hot spots, i dont smoke the fake stuff so i can't vouch for the high it gives you but i have tried it once and it is not like a MJ high.

Been out of middle school for 12 years or so now btw.