TETRAHYDRO-CURCUMIN: THE OTHER THC

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just in case you’re not already familiar with Curcumin, the precursor to the main ingredient of our Helios product, here’s a brief review of some of the potential benefits shown by the numerous studies and experiments that have been conducted on this ‘little jack-of-all-trades.’

Anti-Inflammatory / Anti-Arthritis

Curcumin has been shown to block the activation if the pro-inflammatory protein complex, NF-κB, which is released by your body in response to several different inflammatory stimuli [1]. Curcumin has also been shown to suppress inflammation through a number of other biological mechanisms beyond just NF-κB, (and beyond what we have time to discuss here) which is why most retailers advertise Curcumin as a potential anti-inflammatory agent [1]. In fact, a meta-analysis provided scientific evidence that 8–12 weeks of standardized turmeric extracts can reduce arthritis symptoms (mainly pain and inflammation-related symptoms) and result in similar effects to ibuprofen and diclofenac sodium [2].

Nootropic / Mood Booster

Several Studies have shown that Curcumin may improve memory [3], learning [4] and boost your mood; one study going so far as to compare it to a low dose of Prozac stating, “Given the efficacy of curcumin treatment by itself, this study highlights the need for future large-scale clinical trials.” and that Curcumin is a “safe and natural dietary botanical as a possible mono-therapy in patients with depressive disorders [5]."

Endurance Booster / Muscle Builder / Testosterone Booster

Exercise has been shown to increase GLUT4 a molecule that pulls sugar from your bloodstream into your muscles, aiding endurance and enhancing recovery. Exercise alone increases GLUT4 by about +10% but add some Curcumin to that equation and GLUT4 jumps up by about +75% [6] and blood levels of the fatigue markers lactic acid, ammonia and urea (BUN) were greatly reduced [7]. Additionally, Curcumin was shown to have significantly increased testosterone as well as the enzymes that help the body create testosterone [8] and act as a mild anti-estrogen [9].

In a study published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, researchers concluded that a combination of endurance training and Curcumin: “increased AMPK phosphorylation, NAD+/NADH ratio, SIRT1 expression, and PGC-1α deacetylation. Furthermore, curcumin treatment as well as exercise also increased levels of cAMP and downstream target of PKA including phosphorylation CREB and LKB-1 which are involved in the regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis [10].” Translation: Training + Curcumin = More Mitochondria (what your sophomore Biology teacher called “the powerhouse of the cell.”)

With all these interesting benefits from so many different studies, Scientists became eager to find out 2 things:

• Why weren’t all of the benefits these studies seemed to be showing panning out when people took Curcumin supplements?
  • What exactly is happening to the Curcumin molecule when people are consuming Curcumin supplements that allows it to impart some benefits but not others?
Several forms of Curcumin supplements were tested from simple turmeric powder to standardized Curcumin extracts all the way to clinical formulations such as liquid-gels and emulsified powders. They all showed that when you consume Curcumin your body turns it into a much more powerful Curcumin-metabolite: Tetrahydro-Curcumin:

Curcuminoid Blood Concentrations

So, it’s reasonable that most, if not all, effects of Curcumin supplements are a result of Tetrahydro-Curcumin in the blood and ultimately in your muscle, brain and other tissues, where it’s providing those benefits that real world consumers are reporting. Now, if it’s Tetrahydro-Curcumin imparting the results that people do get, why not just take a capsule of Tetrahydro-Curcumin? And what else is happening that’s limiting the real-world results?

The image above shows that no matter if it’s Curcumin or Tetrahydro-Curcumin, it will react with beta-Glucuronidase in your small intestine (gut) and quickly be converted into its “glucuronoside” analog which makes it super-easy for your kidneys to filter out into your urine… that’s right; you’re literally flushing most of your Curcumin down the toilet.

This is why if you really dig in to the studies that show the most impressive potential benefits, usually you’ll find the researchers used mega-doses or in the case of some of the animal testing, they administered the Curcumin by injection.

So, what does the future hold for Curcumin and Tetrahydro-Curcumin?

With injectable supplements in a legal grey area, just about any injectable form of Curcumin is “Research-Grade” at best and with one confirmed death from a botched Curcumin injection (albeit an intravenous injection) I would not advise injecting Curcumin or Tetrahydro-Curcumin unless under the strict supervision of a qualified medical professional.

This leaves us with two options: 1 continue to develop oral formulations that can help thwart beta-glucuronidase and other challenges to oral absorption/oral bioavailability or 2 create a transdermal Curcumin similar to transdermal testosterone creams or gels which are used to overcome the poor oral bioavailability without resorting to injections. The main issue with this has been skin staining caused by Curcumin’s bright orangey-yellow coloration which leaves the skin stained a rather sickly looking yellow, somewhat similar in appearance to jaundice. However, we know that most of Curcumin’s effects are a result of Tetrahydro-Curcumin in the bloodstream and that Tetrahydro-Curcumin is a more potent anti-oxidant than Curcumin itself. Therefore, it’s possible that a transdermal preparation of Tetrahydro-Curcumin could be a viable solution for those not interested in mega-dosing Curcumin capsules paying extra for fancy formulations or risking a potentially fatal botched Curcumin injection.

1. Panahi, Y., et al. “Effects of Curcumin on Serum Cytokine Concentrations in Subjects with Metabolic Syndrome: A Post-Hoc Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial.” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, vol. 82, Aug. 2016, pp. 578–582., doi:10.1016/j.biopha.2016.05.037.
  2. Daily, J.W., et al. “Efficacy of Turmeric Extracts and Curcumin for Alleviating the Symptoms of Ioint Arthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Snalysis of Randomized Clinical Trials.” Journal Of Medicinal Food, vol. 19, no. 8, 1 Aug. 2016, pp. 717–729., doi:10.1089/jmf.2016.3705.
  3. Small, Gary W., et al. “Memory and Brain Amyloid and Tau Effects of a Bioavailable Form of Curcumin in Non-Demented Adults: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled 18-Month Trial.” The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 26, no. 3, 2018, pp. 266–277., doi:10.1016/j.jagp.2017.10.010.
  4. Qureshi, Naseem Akhtar, and Al-Bedah. “Mood Disorders and Complementary and Alternative Medicine: a Literature Review.” Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, 2013, p. 639., doi:10.2147/ndt.s43419.
  5. Sanmukhani, Jayesh, et al. “Efficacy and Safety of Curcumin in Major Depressive Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 28, no. 4, 2013, pp. 579–585., doi:10.1002/ptr.5025.
  6. Huang, Wen-Ching, et al. “Effect of Curcumin Supplementation on Physiological Fatigue and Physical Performance in Mice.” Nutrients, vol. 7, no. 2, 2015, pp. 905–921., doi:10.3390/nu7020905.
  7. Juturu, Vijaya, et al. “Curcumin Prevents Muscle Damage by Regulating NF-KB and Nrf2 Pathways and Improves Performance: an in Vivo Model.” Journal of Inflammation Research, Volume 9, 2016, pp. 147–154., doi:10.2147/jir.s110873.
  8. Nasu, Kaei. “Faculty of 1000 Evaluation for Exosomal MiR-214 from Endometrial Stromal Cells Inhibits Endometriosis Fibrosis.” F1000 - Post-Publication Peer Review of the Biomedical Literature, 2018, doi:10.3410/f.733058715.793544970.
  9. Hamidie, Ronald D. Ray, et al. “Curcumin Treatment Enhances the Effect of Exercise on Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Skeletal Muscle by Increasing CAMP Levels.” Metabolism, vol. 64, no. 10, 2015, pp. 1334–1347., doi:10.1016/j.metabol.2015.07.010.
  10. Abarikwu, Sunny O., et al. “Combined Administration of Curcumin and Gallic Acid Inhibits Gallic Acid-Induced Suppression of Steroidogenesis, Sperm Output, Antioxidant Defenses and Inflammatory Responsive Genes.” The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 143, 2014, pp. 49–60., doi:10.1016/j.jsbmb.2014.02.008.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
veddy inderestin... :unsure:

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Ok noob question: will it make the skin yellow?

Turmeric seems to stain the crap out of everything!

nnnnnn

Awards
Curcumin also lowers LDL cholesterol if I remember correctly, there's research out there. Maybe the THC in it is what does that too, not sure. Is Nos bringing back Helios or brand new TD Curcumin? Very interesting.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curcumin also lowers LDL cholesterol if I remember correctly, there's research out there. Maybe the THC in it is what does that too, not sure. Is Nos bringing back Helios or brand new TD Curcumin? Very interesting.
I hadn't seen the LDL thing. Link me and I'll take a look.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aaaaand we're live:

nnnnnn

Awards
I hadn't seen the LDL thing. Link me and I'll take a look.

This one above shows it prevents LDL oxidation. so it can help prevent artherogenesis while on cycle with increased LDL.

This one shows is supresses LDL receptor activation.

This one is in mice but it shows it reduces cholesterol absorption and reduces atherosclerosis lesions.

This one is in combination with phytosterols, both can lower cholesterol by 14%.

So it can to be combined with phytosterols for lowering but overall, it can help supress LDL receptors by itself, prevent LDL oxidation which is how we get atherosclerosis. I think this should be used on cycle by folks. It's one thing for LDL to increase, the important thing may actually be whether it is oxidized or not which is where the damage is done. Folks should remember those differences.

Last edited:
BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nos,

How does the concentration on the new formula compare to the OG one in the spray bottle? I just found some of the old, which was a happy event, and will transition to the new one so trying to figure the application amount. Thank you and I am appreciative of you brining this and the rest of the line to market.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This one above shows it prevents LDL oxidation. so it can help prevent artherogenesis while on cycle with increased LDL.

This one shows is supresses LDL receptor activation.

This one is in mice but it shows it reduces cholesterol absorption and reduces atherosclerosis lesions.

This one is in combination with phytosterols, both can lower cholesterol by 14%.

So it can to be combined with phytosterols for lowering but overall, it can help supress LDL receptors by itself, prevent LDL oxidation which is how we get atherosclerosis. I think this should be used on cycle by folks. It's one thing for LDL to increase, the important thing may actually be whether it is oxidized or not which is where the damage is done. Folks should remember those differences.
This is huge. I’d use this just for the cholesterol benefits as mine is always a little off in the winter from the lack of cardio.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nos,

How does the concentration on the new formula compare to the OG one in the spray bottle? I just found some of the old, which was a happy event, and will transition to the new one so trying to figure the application amount. Thank you and I am appreciative of you brining this and the rest of the line to market.
Thank you for the kind words. IIRC the "THC" concentration is the same but I skipped the menthol and luteolin this time around.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my initial aches are gone so i think the healing is happening already.
in what, 2 weeks time... i have been begging for something like this for a long time.
the NOS father does it again!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Riiiiight? I've been using it for sciatica but I'll be interested to see how my next bloodwork comes out.
how is working for your sciatica...i know what a bitch it can be!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It has been amazing especially in the morning!
give me a couple weeks, will order some then---put me a couple bottles back in case bogo is over, lol. :D

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok what about the amount there is no instructions on the label

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey thanks for the fast response and the info appreciate it. I hope I like this stuff also it looks good on the write up

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well curcumin is not something you can eat without a huge cost and tons of pills. this is far more effective and has so many different benefits you will search high and low for anything comparable in terms of quality and strength. Im betting this stuff will have legs in the industry once it catches on.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a timeline on what days this starts to kick in

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
for me... it took about 2 weeks to feel better. I was dealing with some old nagging injuries. they actually got a little sore as the inflammation cleared out and things started to feel better. i love this product!

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My bowel movements are glorious now. Once a day, very similar to Psyllium Husk.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would this help with recovery from a broken bone?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would this help with recovery from a broken bone?
Good question. I'm not sure if there would be benefit above and beyond the anti-inflammatory effect.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i apply it to my sore shoulders.. i can not say that there is any appreciable pain relief if that's what you are seeking. it does however work to reduce inflammation systemically

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any coupon codes going to get this and some dienogen.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
unfortunately you just missed our BOGO sale. and there are not any current discounts at the moment. I think that the dien is low on stock but is restocking in a few days, so if you wanted to hold off there might be another sale around the corner. The NOS father likes his sales.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
guys this stuff is pretty wild.. i get dermatitis and this **** is reversing it.... i will keep an eye on it.. but i have been testing this on my face where my skin gets really bad. so far marked improvement. will report back either way if it keeps getting better or not.

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
guys this stuff is pretty wild.. i get dermatitis and this **** is reversing it.... i will keep an eye on it.. but i have been testing this on my face where my skin gets really bad. so far marked improvement. will report back either way if it keeps getting better or not.
I wondered about this when I first read about the product, and planned on trying it because I wouldn’t have to worry about yellow staining. Good to know for when I get some

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wondered about this when I first read about the product, and planned on trying it because I wouldn’t have to worry about yellow staining. Good to know for when I get some
quick update.. its been a couple weeks since my dermatitis has subsided. I get it on my face and during a flare up it can take over my entire face. its awful. now though, it seems to be at bay and the typical redness before the flaking is also pretty non existent. Im not sure I can replace my meds for this, but i have not used any since daily use of this awesome product!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
update: I have a full beard. For the first time since I went off of meds, I am now able to don a hairy face for no shave November. I am also now full grey beard. Grandma's Boy... that or Sean Connery on SNL.
I am certain this is from Helios!! also I don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet, but the some of the hair on top of my head started to grow again.. LOL dont call the hair club just yet boyos!!

Sildefinite

Awards
Would applying this directly to a strained muscle help with targeted relief?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You mean this is superior to meriva? longvida? bio-curc?

Sildefinite

Awards
Me thinks. Any of those will be mostly conjugated in the gut and the conjugated form will be excreted by the kidneys pretty quickly.
What’s the ceiling for benefits with dosing on this? Have a few thousand set aside for bulk orders may buy more if it the benefits don’t have a ceiling. Currently running 2ml, think it’s worth bumping to 4ml daily or at least would have linear benefits with dosing it cost isn’t a factor?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s the ceiling for benefits with dosing on this? Have a few thousand set aside for bulk orders may buy more if it the benefits don’t have a ceiling. Currently running 2ml, think it’s worth bumping to 4ml daily or at least would have linear benefits with dosing it cost isn’t a factor?
It will likely be linear until some point of diminishing returns where you would see a plateau if you were graphing dosage on the x axis and "benefits" on the y. Where that point lies is likely subjective.

That being said, people are already pushing it to 3ml or more in an application. If you're interested in pushing that higher end dosing, you could try 4 or more and see how it compares. If you do, please let us know how it goes.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i went as high as 2 ml per day and as low as .5 ml per day.. I really stretched my last bottle out. I have been out for a week or so.. and my dermatitis feels like it wants to come out and play.. good thing the nos father is sending me a bottle this week!!