Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was reading the article on CLA from examine.com, and it lead me onto an article about another fatty acid called Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid. Apparently, it's more effective than CLA at attaching to PPAR, and according to the article, it's often combined with an apppetite suppressant called oleoylethanolamide to work synergiscally.

Anyone ever heard of this stuff or do any supplement companies sell it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tta used to be pretty popular....i just tagged you in a old thread about it.

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man I sure miss the old SNS TTA-500, one of the best supplements for weight loss outside of EC that worked for me

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man I sure miss the old SNS TTA-500, one of the best supplements for weight loss outside of EC that worked for me
it was also included in many 'formula' weight loss products...don't really know why it lost popularity?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does anyone still make this combo or sell it?

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
it was also included in many 'formula' weight loss products...don't really know why it lost popularity?
Yeah the best "formula" product was hands down the original DCP, stuff was killer

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the best "formula" product was hands down the original DCP, stuff was killer
i was very fond of original formula vps meltdown...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 would probably know?
It wasn't that it lost its popularity. The first reason that saw companies stop using it was because the raw material costs jumped by about 50% so many companies stopped using it.

TTA is not available now. If you see anyone claiming otherwise, demand an independent lab report for a current batch. Not a raw material COA. Keep in mind, I'm not one of the people that normally would say to ask companies for that bc I do understand why they wouldn't want to give out internal information BUT quality TTA raw materials simply aren't available now or they are/would be well past expiration.

The reason for the above is that there were two primary facilities in China that made the raw materials. One got shut down by the Chinese government for pollution and the other stopped making it because they changed their business strategy to only producing ingredients that were popular enough to be ordered in metric tons. (And no matter what anyone says, TTA is nowhere near popular enough for a company to order that much of).

When the above happened, we wasted money testing TTA raw materials from several sources and could not find any that tested out above 92% purity. We even paid 2 places to try to custom make it and they weren't able to achieve a 98%+ purity level that was our requirement.

SNS was the company that likely sold the most total number of units of TTA so if a raw material supplier had legit raws, they would likely contact us bc we would be the obvious place to. We still have labels and would love to be able to offer it again but as of now, quality raw materials just aren't available.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It wasn't that it lost its popularity. The first reason that saw companies stop using it was because the raw material costs jumped by about 50% so many companies stopped using it.

TTA is not available now. If you see anyone claiming otherwise, demand an independent lab report for a current batch. Not a raw material COA. Keep in mind, I'm not one of the people that normally would say to ask companies for that bc I do understand why they wouldn't want to give out internal information BUT quality TTA raw materials simply aren't available now or they are/would be well past expiration.

The reason for the above is that there were two primary facilities in China that made the raw materials. One got shut down by the Chinese government for pollution and the other stopped making it because they changed their business strategy to only producing ingredients that were popular enough to be ordered in metric tons. (And no matter what anyone says, TTA is nowhere near popular enough for a company to order that much of).

When the above happened, we wasted money testing TTA raw materials from several sources and could not find any that tested out above 92% purity. We even paid 2 places to try to custom make it and they weren't able to achieve a 98%+ purity level that was our requirement.

SNS was the company that likely sold the most total number of units of TTA so if a raw material supplier had legit raws, they would likely contact us bc we would be the obvious place to. We still have labels and would love to be able to offer it again but as of now, quality raw materials just aren't available.
thank you, steve!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thank you, steve!!!
No problem, thanks for tagging me. I'm glad to help.

I wish more than anyone that quality TTA raw materials were available because we had a good customer base for it and I have over 1k worth of labels left that are sitting not being used.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No problem, thanks for tagging me. I'm glad to help.

I wish more than anyone that quality TTA raw materials were available because we had a good customer base for it and I have over 1k worth of labels left that are sitting not being used.
SNS and CEL have been about quality for as long as i can remember!!!