Testosterone test results help please

taosurfer

Awards
Just got a testosterone test.
I think I'm in the bottom 15 percent range for my age of 29 from my research i've done

testosterone,free and total, lc/ms/ms (so-qst)

free 85.7 reference range 35-155
total 465 reference 250-1100

im glad i finally got it done because ive been experiencing depression a long time and traditonal and nontraditional routes havent helped. I'm wondering if its maybe my testosterone levels having some effect.
please give me some input everyone.
From the light research i did 500 and above would be better. for a 29 year old they average around over 1000 total testosterone and im not even half that.

im thinking to start with an over the counter cream. does anyone have a recommendation and have verified before and after test results of raised t levels from using it?
thanks

Jason
Austin TX

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
465 isnt THAT bad. And no, over 1000 is not an average level, lol. If your doc saw your levels that high, he would drop your trt dose. Unless you can find a really cool doc, you might have a hard time getting anything presribed with a level of 465. Normally a good trt doc will try and get you to 600 to 700. Thats an optimal level for your age

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
lol, 465 is not even that low, it's only in your head. I'm like 435 and I don't feel anything of what you where talking about. You feeling tired and depressed is more likely you personal life.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt say its all in your head to someone. Its highly possible there are physical or health problems causing his symptoms. I can think of plenty just off the top of my head, but with test levels of 465, test wouldnt be one of them.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Its highly possible there are physical or health problems causing his symptoms. I can think of plenty just off the top of my head, but with test levels of 465, test wouldnt be one of them.
That's what I meant, his test levels is not what's make him feel bad.

Macc

Awards
Average for a guy your age is about 600, but it depends on the lab. 465 is not that far off. FYI, your testosterone level can be heavily influenced by stress or lack of sleep. The depression could be bringing your numbers down. Start messing with the hormone creams and then you could be stuck on that path for life.