Unanswered Testosterone levels post injection.

gonepostal

Awards
So I'm on trt. I was pinning a little extra over the last few weeks not expecting any bloodwork to have to be done. To my surprise my doctor ask for blood work. Just wondering how many days you think it will take to get back to a normal testosterone level after my last injection. I injected 60mg on sunday. Tuesday my levels were 49 nmol/L with 31.4 nmol/L being the high normal.

I know this is convoluted but I can't find any information on the internet and just wondering if we have an idea of how many days it will take for me to get back into the normal range for my doctor's blood work.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2-4 weeks. But no one knows for sure how you will respond personally.
At 4 weeks, I believe you’re referring to total clearance and not decreasing levels? If based on test c half life of 8 days, I believe OP’s levels could start to drop back into stated normal trt range around 10-14 days if not sooner. In for learning

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys not at all several weeks what lol? I and many others on TRT have to deal with the Same thing and literally within a few more days your number will drop in range. That’s if you were only taking a little extra not like a gram or some ****

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys not at all several weeks what lol? I and many others on TRT have to deal with the Same thing and literally within a few more days your number will drop in range. That’s if you were only taking a little extra not like a gram or some ****
Yes. Surely not 3-4 weeks you’re right but it’s not going to drop as fast as if you just stopped injecting. Let’s say you usually inject 125mg twice a week but for the past 4 injections you injected 175mg twice a week. Even if you drop back to 125mg twice a week I would guess depending on individual it’ll take a little more than a week possibly 2 before your levels are fully back to what they were on that type of dosing, not a few days.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At 4 weeks, I believe you’re referring to total clearance and not decreasing levels? If based on test c half life of 8 days, I believe OP’s levels could start to drop back into stated normal trt range around 10-14 days if not sooner. In for learning
Ya they’ll start to drop 6-9 days but probably level out 2 weeks.
And i wasn’t really looking at dosage, 750 dropped to 200 would take well over a week and a half though, but 60-100 e3d or whatever, it could very well be back to normal in 1 week.
My labs don’t show drops in a matter of days after injecting though.

A big reason I say that long, is ideally, that’s where I’d be comfortable having my doc retest me, it could very well be clear long before that. If i were to blast between doc’s labs, I’d want ample time before he/she tests me again for them to return to normal. Should have stated that.

gonepostal

Awards
Thanks for the input. I bought another total testosterone blood test and I will test it on Saturday which will be 3 days after my last blood test and 6 days post Injection. This will give me a good idea of how much it drops per day

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the input. I bought another total testosterone blood test and I will test it on Saturday which will be 3 days after my last blood test and 6 days post Injection. This will give me a good idea of how much it drops per day
Let us know

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can tell you my personal experience is that it takes longer than you think. I normally run trt qt 150mg a week. That puts me between 850 and 950 ng/dl 7 days after shot. This stays consistent. Last Christmas I aborted my deca run and finished with 600 mg of test total for the last 7 weeks. I then dropped back to my 150 mg test for 6 weeks before my next bloodwork with doc. My levels clocked in at over 1100 6 weeks later. Doc says what else are you taking and for how long. So I had to fess up. This was all cypionate Ester. It definitely stays in your system longer than most people think.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Quick google search backs up the 6 weeks. I never actually looked for actual data until now lol. Just personal experience

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quick google search backs up the 6 weeks. I never actually looked for actual data until now lol. Just personal experience
Your previous post was informative but it would depend on how big of a dose you took also. Not just elimination. My estimation of 10-14 days was because he didn’t go super
High with the dose above the norm. Unless I read wrong

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shouldn’t matter the dose. As long as the dose was higher than his TRT, and he then drops back to his trt dose, it’s still going to be higher than it normally would 4-6 weeks out. How much higher than baseline/trt dose would be effected by how much additional
He took. But it’s still going to be higher. Whether it’s high enough for doctor to recognize would depend on how much extra.

gonepostal

Awards
Shouldn’t matter the dose. As long as the dose was higher than his TRT, and he then drops back to his trt dose, it’s still going to be higher than it normally would 4-6 weeks out. How much higher than baseline/trt dose would be effected by how much additional
He took. But it’s still going to be higher. Whether it’s high enough for doctor to recognize would depend on how much extra.
I'm not going back to my regular trt dose. I'm going cold Turkey until I get below 32 nnol/L.

gonepostal

Awards
I'm not going back to my regular trt dose. I'm going cold Turkey until I get below 32 nnol/L.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gotcha. That’s a little different. In that case when you drop back to that number is pure speculation at best.

Curious, how much test a week were you running?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good info. This is why with doctor monitored, you really run the risk, depending on if it’s a pcp or an Endo, of getting dose lowered or even taken off TRT if you don’t plan this out with a little overkill. I know people hate extra pins but when I did this under a doc, I only pinned prop/Ace/pp so my levels would return to normal with weeks to spare. There’s not a lot of reason not to with the short estered choices we have. Some like npp are lot better anyways and any long estered options won’t be detected that don’t affect test and
if proper ancillaries are ran.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wouldn’t a larger dose bring his levels higher, thus taking longer to drop back down to baseline? or is elimination time the only thing that matters, and regardless of how high his test gets it will just drop steeper within the same time frame back to baseline? I’ve never thought of this and would like to have a clear understanding

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My point was if he was to drop back to his trt dose, even after 5-6 weeks his test levels would still be higher than if he had only been on his trt dose. How much higher would depend how much much test over his trt dose he was taking.

The exogenous test cyp that he was injecting is still going to be there in some capacity 5-6 weeks after last pin. Add that on top of his normal trt dose and your levels are going to be higher.

He however informed me he was stopping all exogenous test and not resuming his trt dose. That is a different story. The test will still
Be there 5-6 weeks later but without his normal trt dose his levels could in fact be lower than his normal trt baseline.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My point was if he was to drop back to his trt dose, even after 5-6 weeks his test levels would still be higher than if he had only been on his trt dose. How much higher would depend how much much test over his trt dose he was taking.

The exogenous test cyp that he was injecting is still going to be there in some capacity 5-6 weeks after last pin. Add that on top of his normal trt dose and your levels are going to be higher.

He however informed me he was stopping all exogenous test and not resuming his trt dose. That is a different story. The test will still
Be there 5-6 weeks later but without his normal trt dose his levels could in fact be lower than his normal trt baseline.
Agreed. This isn’t unrealistic too. Hormone respond slllllooooowwwww. Think about going from natty to injecting 250 e3d. You won’t even notice much of anything for 3-5 weeks. So why would dropping from 500 to 200, or 350 to 100 not be the same? It’s going to be in your body for some time. Half life means only half is gone, so 500 is STILL 250 in 8 days(or whatever you want to believe about half lives 7, 11.5 whatever) 125 another 8, 67.5 on 8 more, 33.75 in another 8 - now we are at about where we would be leveled out to a TRT dose is..... ONE MONTH LATER. Will it drop faster than this based on a bazillion other factors, muscle or subq, metabolism, ester weight, excretion, liver function, adrenal and thyroid, pituitary etc etc etc? Yes it could, but we are now down to 32 days from a measly 500. There’s a lot more to it, but bottom line, blasting is much better suited for spread out labs, short esters or less detectable drugs. But as stated before, it also could just be a week or two depending on how far above dose.

Last edited:

gonepostal

Awards
Gotcha. That’s a little different. In that case when you drop back to that number is pure speculation at best.

Curious, how much test a week were you running?
I was only pinning 120 mg a week but I am very sensitive to testosterone injections. At 90 mg a week divided into two 45 mg injections already puts me above the normal range on day 3.

Even though 90mg puts me at the top of the normal range I just feel better on the little bit of a higher dose but the doctor only goes off bloodwork so I got to keep it in check for the doc.

I'm also taking 25 mg of DHEA per day as well as 400 IU of HCG every other day. Not sure if that contributes to my levels or not.

Also I've been doing red light therapy on my testicles. To me it sounds woo woo but I've been giving it a try. I wonder if it's actually working LOL

gonepostal

Awards
So I finally went for my follow-up blood work.

My last Injection was 65mg on October 12, 2019

First blood test was on October 16th 2019

Results - 48.4 nmol/L

Second blood test was October 21st 2019

Results - 25.7 nmol/L

Which tells me that my testosterone drops approximately 4.54 nmol/L per day.

gonepostal

Awards

Results - 48.4 nmol/L

Results - 25.7 nmol/L

gonepostal

Awards

Results - 48.4 nmol/L

Results - 25.7 nmol/L

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Probably not going to be a linear decline.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious how this is going to go. It sounds like it will prpbably be low, based upon the cold turkey.

gonepostal

Awards

Results - 48.4 nmol/L

Results - 25.7 nmol/L

Ok final results are in. Now keep in mind my last blood test was done at a different lab because that's where my doctor insists I get them.

Final blood test was 9 days after my last injection. I had been injecting 60mg every 3 days (140mg/week) for about the two months.

Final blood test October 22, 2019

Results - 25.5 nmol/L (8.4 - 28.8)

Although it's a different lab and I know everyone does their testing different I'm shocked that it's only 0.2 less than the day before.

So whoever made that comment that it's not going to be linear, you are correct sir!

My free Test came in at 496 nmol/L (196 - 636)

Estradiol came in at 145 pmol/L (<162)

Doc should be happy!

I'll post my TRT protocol as well...

● 45mg of cypionate every 3.5 days

● 400iu of HCG EOD

● 25mg DHEA daily

● 0.5 mg of arimidex 2 x per week (I never ever take my arimidex)

Last edited: