Testosterone injection questions

ircmannix

Awards
Hey all - new to the site, new to supplements. LONG story short, I recently got diagnosed with low testosterone. Two tests, one came back at 180, one at 80.

Doc is injecting 100ml/week. About to get my 3rd injection (Thursday).

Question - after the first injection, I immediately felt better. Figured it was in my head. Friday, felt better. Weekend was _spectacular_, felt strong again, for the first time in a long time.

Then, Tuesday night, I kinda crashed - slept like crap again, felt tired, etc. I expected that.

Got another injection Thursday.

Virtually no change - I'm lethargic, feel dead at the gym, tired all the time, sleeping like crap, back to square one.

When I got my 2nd injection, it _felt_ different. Different enough that I asked the nurse/phlebotomist/woman who stabbed me to see the needle - probably 25mm long. Certainly long enough to get through any fat. I certainly do have fat; I'm not a bodybuilder.

I _suspected_ at the time of the 2nd injection that she did not get into the muscle (that's why I asked to see the needle). Did not feel the pressure, it just felt different.

Two questions, I guess:

A) normal? Maybe the 1st injection was all placebo and I just THOUGHT I felt great.
B) if she DID miss the muscle, making it effectively a subcutaneous injection, could that explain it?

I've read a bit about SC vs IM, and it seems that SC is favored by some.

Dunno. I find it hard to believe that Friday-Monday two weeks ago was ALL in my head. All of a sudden, I was not dead tired after exercise, felt FAR better DURING exercise, slept well, etc.

This week, ugh. Just drained. Again. Just got back from the gym, had zero power, muscles felt dead. I can't explain it - either placebo effect OR she missed. Or, maybe my doc is messing with me? Dunno. I've not felt that well in YEARS (the first week), certainly want it back....

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Iain

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Well I have heard of people doing subQ test injections. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well I have heard of people doing subQ test injections. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.
I do sub Q injections been doing them for years...

ircmannix

Awards
I do sub Q injections been doing them for years...
Do you inject sub Q the same amount/interval/site as you would IM?

I'm CERTAINLY not saying SQ does not work - clear that it does. There do appear to be differences, though, and I'm really just looking for a "why."

Why on earth did I feel SO MUCH BETTER for the first ~5 days, like utter crap the next 8? In my head? Into the fat on my ass?

Curious, concerned - I think I know this could be a dramatic improvement in my life, just want to get a handle on it.

Thanks for the replies - I appreciate it!

Iain