Testosterone (Free and Total) and Estradiol Bloodtest Results

swirvin1

Awards
Hi All,

I am a 28 year old male, in great shape, have been working out for years, and maintain a pretty healthy lifestyle. As of late, I've noticed some low libido issues and I do not mess around when it comes to that department so I went to my doctor and got blood work done for Testosterone (Free and Total) and Estradiol.

My results are as follows:

Testosterone,Total,LCMSMS : 300 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free: 72 ng/dL
Estradiol: 27 ng/DL

The actual results sheet has a graph showing that I am pretty far on the low end of each relevant range, but not outside of "healthy" amounts. That range seems entirely too broad to me to justify whether my results are healthy or not. I have never had an issue with libido or anything for that matter. Now, all of the sudden, its extremely low, and my results are pretty low.

Could somebody please help me understand what the typical levels are of an active, healthy male in mid to late 20's should be? I certainly feel as if I should be in the mid-high end of the relevant range.

Looking forward to input.

Thanks

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You cycle any suppressive compounds?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
There are no "normal" levels that can be associated with a specific age. One could find and "average" for a particular age group, but that's a different story altogether.. This is why the range is so large. Some people feel fine with test in the lower range while others feel like crap with Test in the mid-range. There are so many variable to consider.

Has your diet or sleep changed recently? Have you been cutting or restricting calories for a while?

Your T might always have been near the lower end of the range as well.

What time of day was the bloodwork done? Did you doctor suggest a 2nd test to confirm the first?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What supplements are you taking? Medications (i.e., Beta Blockers)? What food changes have you made in the past few months, (i.e,. Soy products; Alcohol; etc.) It could be any number of things you have introduced into your system without knowing potential sides such as lowering your testosterone and libido.

We need more information.