Testosterone cypionate causing Pneumonia????

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recently started TRT (200mg/wk Test C) two weeks prior to my diagnosis of Pneumonia.

I thought I was coming down with the “test flu” but it made a turn for the worse, high grade fever for days, sore throat and terrible cough, I finally went in and it turned out to be pneumonia. Flu test came back negative but the nurse told me they were only 55% accurate anyways...

I have never been this sick before nor had pneumonia..

Does anyone know if the test C would cause this or increase the risk? Has anyone else developed pneumonia weeks after pinning test?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed for info.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually did get a bad case of pneumonia after (while) pinning. Right now, I honestly can't remember if I was running Test, and/or Bold...and/or other. I'll try to remember, but don't hold your breath.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The "test flu" is usually from shytti gear, if your getting it from a pharmacy I would rule out test flu, I have never in my life heard of any1 getting pneumonia from gear nor do I think it's possible

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have always attributed my Pneumonia to getting a bug, and just continuing to push myself, until finally my Dr insisted that I check into the hospital.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The "test flu" is usually from shytti gear, if your getting it from a pharmacy I would rule out test flu, I have never in my life heard of any1 getting pneumonia from gear nor do I think it's possible
It’s def pharma grade, I’m going to just stop the TRT until I’m completely clear from pneumonia then start it back up and hopfully all goes well. The reason I am going to stop the TRT is so my body can compeletly focus on putting everything into fighting off the virus.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s def pharma grade, I’m going to just stop the TRT until I’m completely clear from pneumonia then start it back up and hopfully all goes well. The reason I am going to stop the TRT is so my body can compeletly focus on putting everything into fighting off the virus.
If you stop trt your testosterone levels will take a nose dive, that could possibly make things worse, I'm no expert but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always attributed my Pneumonia to getting a bug, and just continuing to push myself, until finally my Dr insisted that I check into the hospital.
I was completely fine Thursday, Friday a weak cough then Saturday and Sunday full blown fever, cough, extreamly sore throat, chills, body ache all over to the point I couldn’t get out of bed...

I def have pneumonia but another bug as well which we are thinking is the flu but the test wasn’t accurate showing a negative...

Doc says she’s doesn’t want me lifting for two weeks because the meds I am taking can increase the risk of tendon tears...

Not happy when I heard that last part

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you stop trt your testosterone levels will take a nose dive, that could possibly make things worse, I'm no expert but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Yeah.... if the Test has nothing to do with the Pneumonia....then stopping it could deprive your body of energy and nutrients (in my opinion) needed to heal.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I just started TRT two weeks ago so I don’t know if it will take a huge dive because of how newly introduced it is to my body... also I don’t know if pinning the test has anything to do with why I’m sick. I’ll just continue the TRT then lol

Anyone else know?

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't stop trt suddenly. That is a bad idea, and if needed - a decision for your doctor.

Are you using alcohol swabs prior to pinning, and sterile syringes?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it real trt, or are you just cruising and saying it’s trt? Because I remember you making a thread about wanting trt, not being able to get it, and ignoring everyone’s advice.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think It can directly be related but since test can make you sick, the sickness itself can cause other symptoms. People often get Pneumonia because they are sick from something else. Lowered immune system basically.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve been a TRT user for 3 years and frequent 4 forums on TRT, thousands of posts and no one ever suffered pneumonia from testosterone use. This is purely coincidence.

I encourage you joining FB groups called:
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Community
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion
ExcelMale dot com
Testosterone Wisdom

And post up there.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it real trt, or are you just cruising and saying it’s trt? Because I remember you making a thread about wanting trt, not being able to get it, and ignoring everyone’s advice.
Yes, After several more labs my bloodwork came back low enough where I was prescribed TRT.

Yes alcohol swabs and new needles every pin ofcourse.

And that’s why I was wondering if the test made me sick thus lowering my immune system to the point I developed pneumonia.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bacteria and infection can lead to pneumonia, so dirty gear or bad practices may get you sick, but! "testosterone", no it's not possibly in any way at all. Testosterone can not cause pneumonia

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
^^^^yes this is what id think also...if its pharma grade then probably keep it up, youll b thankful after about 6 weeks. Im no expert but maybe just be sure n use clean needles and wipe down real good with alcohol. ..best of luck to u!!!

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
Test can't do it. Other infections can. If you aren't tuned in on your TRT yet, and cortisol is misbehaving that is one possibility. But, in all likelihood you got it the old fashioned way. Somebody sneezed.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test can't do it. Other infections can. If you aren't tuned in on your TRT yet, and cortisol is misbehaving that is one possibility. But, in all likelihood you got it the old fashioned way. Somebody sneezed.
Right on guys, thanks for the quick feedback! I’ll keep pinning the test and Ofcourse I don’t mess around with cleanliness or bad practices.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, After several more labs my bloodwork came back low enough where I was prescribed TRT.

And that’s why I was wondering if the test made me sick thus lowering my immune system to the point I developed pneumonia.
I honestly think you jumped to trt way too quickly. You do what you want, but I think most people would agree that you were too quick to pull the trigger. Your body would’ve easily went back to normal, especially considering that you had only ran like 1 cycle. I also don’t really believe that your test just randomly dropped on it’s own; you either intentionally lowered it, of your not being honest. I’m not trying to be mean; It’s just that trt is a lifetime commitment that somebody in your situation shouldn’t need.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recently started TRT (200mg/wk Test C) two weeks prior to my diagnosis of Pneumonia.

I thought I was coming down with the “test flu” but it made a turn for the worse, high grade fever for days, sore throat and terrible cough, I finally went in and it turned out to be pneumonia. Flu test came back negative but the nurse told me they were only 55% accurate anyways...

I have never been this sick before nor had pneumonia..

Does anyone know if the test C would cause this or increase the risk? Has anyone else developed pneumonia weeks after pinning test?
The flu test?
What's that.
I thought it was symptom related.
Chills ,achy, most important fever.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also I thought test flu was a term we use when our bodies reactt to a sudden jump in hormones.
You kind of feel crummy.
A little worn down.
But its not actually the flu.
I get it from 750 mg of test and above.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly think you jumped to trt way too quickly. You do what you want, but I think most people would agree that you were too quick to pull the trigger. Your body would’ve easily went back to normal, especially considering that you had only ran like 1 cycle. I also don’t really believe that your test just randomly dropped on it’s own; you either intentionally lowered it, of your not being honest. I’m not trying to be mean; It’s just that trt is a lifetime commitment that somebody in your situation shouldn’t need.
I have been looking into TRT for years, actually 7 years to be exact. I have spent hours upon hours researching TRT and read tons of forums on this and many other websites.

I work rotating shifts brother, every 30 days I completely turn around and work a complete oppisite shift then I do it again 30 days later. So for a month I’ll work at 6am and till 6pm...then the next month I work 9pm to 9am... and I have been doing that for 5 years. It has taken quite the toll on my body.

I have felt like **** for to long and decided to take a step to start feeling like myself again.

I don’t want my body to return to “normal” that was the problem. My normal was not healthy. It wasn’t healthy for me mentally or physically.

I would be more than happy to post my most recent labs, Total T: 343 (250-1110) ng/dL and Free T: 42 (35-155)pg/ml

I respect the constructive criticism.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flu test: they basically ram an extra long Q-tip up your nose, results come back within minutes. Either pos or neg for influenza, but it’s only 55% accurate aparently.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I have been looking into TRT for years, actually 7 years to be exact. I have spent hours upon hours researching TRT and read tons of forums on this and many other websites.

I work rotating shifts brother, every 30 days I completely turn around and work a complete oppisite shift then I do it again 30 days later. So for a month I’ll work at 6am and till 6pm...then the next month I work 9pm to 9am... and I have been doing that for 5 years. It has taken quite the toll on my body.

I have felt like **** for to long and decided to take a step to start feeling like myself again.

I don’t want my body to return to “normal” that was the problem. My normal was not healthy. It wasn’t healthy for me mentally or physically.

I would be more than happy to post my most recent labs, Total T: 343 (250-1110) ng/dL and Free T: 42 (35-155)pg/ml

I respect the constructive criticism.
So are you getting prescription test or not? That’s the question

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Answered that already ^

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
you may want to consider supplementing DHEA and Pregnenolone while on TRT. You should be able to get these numbers from your panel and supplement accordingly. We're also releasing some cost effective topical DHEA and Pregnenolone products...for those who want topical DHEA/Preg without going the full dermacrine route.

This is why I asked about HCG...HCG should help keep Pregnenolone numbers.

trn450

trn450

Awards
In the middle of a nasty viral respiratory infection season, this is almost assuredly a coincidence. On a hypothetical level, there may be some tiny immunosuppression from elevated testosterone levels, but from a real-world outcomes level that seems unlikely.

A mouse model demonstrated hypogonadism as being a risk factor for poorer outcomes in influenza. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5206399/

A study on patients with kidney failure on hemodialysis showed increased risk of infection in hypogonadal males:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733882/

I also know that there is likely a link between hypogonadism and increased episodes of asthmatic exacerbations.

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
In the middle of a nasty viral respiratory infection season, this is almost assuredly a coincidence. On a hypothetical level, there may be some tiny immunosuppression from elevated testosterone levels, but from a real-world outcomes level that seems unlikely.

A mouse model demonstrated hypogonadism as being a risk factor for poorer outcomes in influenza. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5206399/

A study on patients with kidney failure on hemodialysis showed increased risk of infection in hypogonadal males:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733882/

I also know that there is likely a link between hypogonadism and increased episodes of asthmatic exacerbations.
Wonder if this is correlated to low levels of androstenediol/androstenetriol

trn450

trn450

Awards
Wonder if this is correlated to low levels of androstenediol/androstenetriol
No idea. I use a much more simplistic philosophy: when the body is out of whack, it's not going to work as well :p

And, hypogonadism is definitely a body out of whack ^_^

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flu test: they basically ram an extra long Q-tip up your nose, results come back within minutes. Either pos or neg for influenza, but it’s only 55% accurate aparently.
Weird.
I've never even had the flu.
I have kicked opiates before and was told its similar.
My mom was recentlyy sick and Kaiser basically says no fever no flu

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you may want to consider supplementing DHEA and Pregnenolone while on TRT. You should be able to get these numbers from your panel and supplement accordingly. We're also releasing some cost effective topical DHEA and Pregnenolone products...for those who want topical DHEA/Preg without going the full dermacrine route.

This is why I asked about HCG...HCG should help keep Pregnenolone numbers.
Hey, whats the total content (ml) of the beta bottles?