Testosterone and E2 ratio

Jren1301

Jren1301

Awards
Currently on 200mg test and 100mg Deca a week. A cruise of sorts. Labs came back Test-1800 Free T-550 E2-70. No sides but I did notice mild acne 4 months in. Been doing the usual treatments and hygiene. Also on 1 month of Differin gel. I’ve been of the school of thought that E2 doesn’t cause acne that it’s DHT. Just second guessing now if my E2 is too high. Currently have arimidex on hand, just don’t want to ruin anything since other than acne I feel great.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I go be feel as long as my estrogen is mot something crazy. Typically the higher my testosterone the higher I can have my estrogen and feel good, but higher estrogen also gives me acne. Usually the reason I'm lowering my estrogen is to control my acne

Jren1301

Jren1301

Awards
I go be feel as long as my estrogen is mot something crazy. Typically the higher my testosterone the higher I can have my estrogen and feel good, but higher estrogen also gives me acne. Usually the reason I'm lowering my estrogen is to control my acne
What should I start arimidex at. I’ve been doing .25mg every 3 days. Is this too much for a level of E2 level of 70, and can Deca be causing an increase in acne?

Jren1301

Jren1301

Awards
I was also think of increasing dosing frequency, currently doing 3x a week. My SHBG is 34 so I don’t know if pinning everyday will make a difference anyway.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What should I start arimidex at. I’ve been doing .25mg every 3 days. Is this too much for a level of E2 level of 70, and can Deca be causing an increase in acne?
No1 can answer that. Ai dose is a very individual thing. E2: 70 might be good for me but not for you

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lower dose more often usually leads to smaller estrogen spikes

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I figured as much. Just trial and error rn.
Ya, you just gotta play around with it. I usually use exemestane. IL start at 12.5mg 3x week and adjust as necessary. That only slightly lowers my estrogen but I have Heard people say that 12.5 mg once or twice a week will drop their E too low. Very individual

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
My most recent bloods my estrogen was 37, and my test was a little over a thousand.
Doc wanted my estrogen under 35 so he upped my ai dosage slightly.
So just based off that I’d say your E is pretty high.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My most recent bloods my estrogen was 37, and my test was a little over a thousand.
I got bloodwork plenty of times, probably at least 20 times in total. When I'm on trt 150mg my testosterone is mid 900s and my estrogen is high 30's and that's where we like it. On cycles where my testosterone levels are about 3000 my e2 will be about 100 and that's actually my sweet spot on cycle. I grow good. Sex drive is super high and I feel fantastic. Once I start getting over 100 I still feel and function great but I break out with acne on my shoulders and back.

Now here's the weird part. On trt when my test is 900s if my estrogen gets too much past 40 I will start breaking out. I also notice that the breakouts happen while the hormones are building up. Once everything levels out and is stable the acne starts to go away. I don't fully understand it but I've noticed that when I raise my test and go on cycles if I'm pinning daily and throw a small amount of ai in the mix those first 2 or 3 weeks I can keep it in check and drop the ai as long as I keep my testosterone dose under 500mg.
Even after all these years it seems to change slightly when I cycle but for the most part I have found that trt I want e2 mid to high 30's and on cycle I want it around 100. That's just what works for me. If I happen to have masteron or winstrol in a cycle it changes things a bit

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh Jesus lol, I just realized I'm talking to 2 different ppl. When I quoted you I thought I was responding to OP

Jren1301

Jren1301

Awards
I got bloodwork plenty of times, probably at least 20 times in total. When I'm on trt 150mg my testosterone is mid 900s and my estrogen is high 30's and that's where we like it. On cycles where my testosterone levels are about 3000 my e2 will be about 100 and that's actually my sweet spot on cycle. I grow good. Sex drive is super high and I feel fantastic. Once I start getting over 100 I still feel and function great but I break out with acne on my shoulders and back.

Now here's the weird part. On trt when my test is 900s if my estrogen gets too much past 40 I will start breaking out. I also notice that the breakouts happen while the hormones are building up. Once everything levels out and is stable the acne starts to go away. I don't fully understand it but I've noticed that when I raise my test and go on cycles if I'm pinning daily and throw a small amount of ai in the mix those first 2 or 3 weeks I can keep it in check and drop the ai as long as I keep my testosterone dose under 500mg.
Even after all these years it seems to change slightly when I cycle but for the most part I have found that trt I want e2 mid to high 30's and on cycle I want it around 100. That's just what works for me. If I happen to have masteron or winstrol in a cycle it changes things a bit
It sounds like E2 is ratio dependent. I guess you body is trying to maintain homeostasis, higher the test the higher the E2, as your body is trying to compensate. Where it gets dicey is some people are really sensitive to estrogen and while one persons ratio may be good but detrimental to someone who is sensitive. I feel like I’m in the same boat as Smont, out of sweet spot I break out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It sounds like E2 is ratio dependent. I guess you body is trying to maintain homeostasis, higher the test the higher the E2, as your body is trying to compensate. Where it gets dicey is some people are really sensitive to estrogen and while one persons ratio may be good but detrimental to someone who is sensitive. I feel like I’m in the same boat as Smont, out of sweet spot I break out.
Oh ya, everyone handles there estrogen different. I remember The Prep coach Alex Kikel saying he's estrogen was in the 400s during his off-season and he felt fantastic. Moat ppl would be a emotional wreck, have erectile dysfunction and not have the energy to get out of bed with that number.

Jren1301

Jren1301

Awards
Oh ya, everyone handles there estrogen different. I remember The Prep coach Alex Kikel saying he's estrogen was in the 400s during his off-season and he felt fantastic. Moat ppl would be a emotional wreck, have erectile dysfunction and not have the energy to get out of bed with that number.
Thats crazy. Other than the mild acne, gains have been good. Definitely a life changer for me, before I got on I had a total test level of 200. I’m only 27 but I figure it’s my job, why I was so low