Unanswered Test Levels

Guest101

Awards
Recently had my blood work done because I felt something was low.

24 yr old male.
Normal is 300-1000.

Results came back as 402. Doc said that was low for a 24 year old. Wants to start test injections, and said I could see anywhere from 600-800 levels.

What do you guys think

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ran a 233 and a 320 the last two times I was checked so I’m in the same boat lol

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Recently had my blood work done because I felt something was low.

24 yr old male.
Normal is 300-1000.

Results came back as 402. Doc said that was low for a 24 year old. Wants to start test injections, and said I could see anywhere from 600-800 levels.

What do you guys think
My friend went from the 200s to the 700s in total test. He went from 19 free test to 150 free test. He is 24. Let trt be the last resort.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t at 24 and you’re not that low, some lifestyle changes and I’m sure you could get up without drugs. If you still want to use something you can take some Clomid for awhile and see how you feel.

Waylon B

Awards
I started trt at 27, I had my levels checked and it was 225, and free was 4. Had levels rechecked and it was 211 total and he didn't check free again. Started on 200mg/week injections and it has changed my life for the better. All my other blood work was good with test being the only abnormal reading.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Like everyone else said, trt should be a last resort for you. Depending on certain factors, I think you could definitely bring your total testosterone up to 600+ naturally without having to do anything synthetic. Fix your sleep schedule, eat better, be consistent with training, keep your bodyfat in a healthy range, take supplements that may assist in healthy hormone levels, avoid drugs/alcohol etc. As someone else mentioned, you could give clomid a try if you wanted as well.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Like everyone else said, trt should be a last resort for you. Depending on certain factors, I think you could definitely bring your total testosterone up to 600+ naturally without having to do anything synthetic. Fix your sleep schedule, eat better, be consistent with training, keep your bodyfat in a healthy range, take supplements that may assist in healthy hormone levels, avoid drugs/alcohol etc. As someone else mentioned, you could give clomid a try if you wanted as well.

WeakerNU

Awards
So I’m in a similar situation 30yr old tt 414 and FT at 6.2 Been getting hot flashes lol about 6 months plus. Going to see endo. Any big draw backs you wish you had known about before starting trt?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’m in a similar situation 30yr old tt 414 and FT at 6.2 Been getting hot flashes lol about 6 months plus. Going to see endo. Any big draw backs you wish you had known about before starting trt?
I knew all of the drawbacks prior to trt/cruising. I’d say the most concerning to me would be reduction of sperm count, although this can be avoided to a specific degree. Also, it’s one of those things that tend to be a lifetime commitment. Depending on the individual, some people might have issues with thickened blood, worsening of their lipid panel, etc. It’s something I’d recommend doing at least a few months of researching and considering before pulling the trigger on.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lifespan shortening is the biggest drawback.

You know what the first symptom of a pulmonary emobolism due to a clot from pancake syrup blood?: death.

Watch your clot factors on at least 4x annually labs if you do this.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

You know what the first symptom of a pulmonary emobolism due to a clot from pancake syrup blood?: death.

Why you have to ruin my day like this? 😩 I need a hug now

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why you have to ruin my day like this? I need a hug now
You’ll be fine. Just take care of your health, buddy.
It’s not all muscles and sexcapades like everyone thinks. Things definitely can sneak up and mess you up or kill you. You only get one heart, and most guys don’t know if they are genetically predisposed to blood clots unless they know their dad had one. I’m staying on top of this because not that I’m 40, I actually WANT to live another 40 years, when I got on TRT I don’t think I cared as much.
Digital hug sent your way.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know something that messes you up? Working in the ER. I did it for 3.5 years, and while I never really cared if someone died or anything, it’s watching them die and finding out what it was that killed them.

Then every time you have a symptom that seems even remotely close to what they had, you think you are going to drop dead. Clots mess you up, because you are talking to them one minute and they are dead the next. And there isn’t much in this world you can do to stop it.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re right bro. I’m lucky I have all of you older guys to remind us to start thinking about our health right now. My blast is over in 2 weeks and I decided I’ll be on trt dose (maybe a bit higher 200mg) for almost 6 months. I do wanna be healthy. My physique got pretty insane due to my genetics and I’m lucky and my GF is making me realize how lucky I am to have the physique I have and that I don’t need more. of course I’ll blast but at first I was thinking about blasting 2-3 times a year like a mad man and I decided to do it once a year.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

That's scary.

WeakerNU

Awards
That's scary.
What is the blood test called for this? had some labs done and scheduled to see a endo in a few weeks see what he thinks. I am very health conscious maybe to much really. Also does anyone know if low test levels effect blood sugar in a negative way? Thanks again guys

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is the blood test called for this? had some labs done and scheduled to see a endo in a few weeks see what he thinks. I am very health conscious maybe to much really. Also does anyone know if low test levels effect blood sugar in a negative way? Thanks again guys
Bodybuilding in general will affect blood sugar and insulin sensitivity long term. But not significantly. We tend to weigh more and use more carbs so this will tax the pancreas, but no one is becoming diabetic, unless they jump on insulin for a long bodybuilding career. That one, you will sometimes become a type-II.

You want to look at your RBCs, your Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, your platlets and rdw(although it needs to be bad to make a difference, most of us have this elevated already with drugs)

You don’t want hematocrit getting to high 50s.

WeakerNU

Awards
Bodybuilding in general will affect blood sugar and insulin sensitivity long term. But not significantly. We tend to weigh more and use more carbs so this will tax the pancreas, but no one is becoming diabetic, unless they jump on insulin for a long bodybuilding career. That one, you will sometimes become a type-II.

You want to look at your RBCs, your Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, your platlets and rdw(although it needs to be bad to make a difference, most of us have this elevated already with drugs)

You don’t want hematocrit getting to high 50s.
Thanks for the info sir

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You know something that messes you up? Working in the ER. I did it for 3.5 years, and while I never really cared if someone died or anything, it’s watching them die and finding out what it was that killed them.

Then every time you have a symptom that seems even remotely close to what they had, you think you are going to drop dead. Clots mess you up, because you are talking to them one minute and they are dead the next. And there isn’t much in this world you can do to stop it.
What are some markers and prevention of a blood clot?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are some markers and prevention of a blood clot?
Labs, really.
Hydration, low dose aspirin, and staying active all will help.
But if you do 16 weeks of Deca and EQ and don’t get labs, and H&H, rbc, platlets were high in the first place from 6 months of cruising, you could be in a bad spot.
There’s a reason I don’t run EQ, my Dad almost died from a pulmonary embolism, and my dna states I’m high risk. Same with Epo, I’d just be asking for trouble.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, consider (i) using a Nattokinase supplement and (ii) donating blood as frequently as allowed. I suggest dividing your body weight by two - to determine the minimum number of ounces of water to drink every day (e.g., a 200 lb person wold drink at least 100 ounces of water).

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Labs, really.
Hydration, low dose aspirin, and staying active all will help.
But if you do 16 weeks of Deca and EQ and don’t get labs, and H&H, rbc, platlets were high in the first place from 6 months of cruising, you could be in a bad spot.
There’s a reason I don’t run EQ, my Dad almost died from a pulmonary embolism, and my dna states I’m high risk. Same with Epo, I’d just be asking for trouble.
You think researching ralox is a major risk factor for clots?