Test injections Sub Q?

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey all,

Was reading some forums about people doing test SubQ instead of IM. Anyone tried this? I could see it working for lower dosages say 100-250mg/ week but if you were pushing 500+ I could see maybe some problems.

Only issue I could see would be higher chance of estrogen side effects.

What's everyone's opinions?
Bonus question: what about other compounds subQ?

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey all,

Was reading some forums about people doing test SubQ instead of IM. Anyone tried this? I could see it working for lower dosages say 100-250mg/ week but if you were pushing 500+ I could see maybe some problems.

I tried it for awhile, but didn't really like it. My understanding is that it smooths out the highs and lows of IM injections, which should lead to less estrogen conversion. But it felt like I was taking less T. If I remember correctly, the max volume you can pin subq is 1 ml. So obviously if you are running more than a TRT dose of T, that's going to require multiple injection points.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried it for awhile, but didn't really like it. My understanding is that it smooths out the highs and lows of IM injections, which should lead to less estrogen conversion. But it felt like I was taking less T. If I remember correctly, the max volume you can pin subq is 1 ml. So obviously if you are running more than a TRT dose of T, that's going to require multiple injection points.
There’s a few studies been done on this (copied one below). Everything I’ve read suggests that there is little difference in outcome although seemingly one can use a lower dose (200 im vs 100 sub q) to address low test issues in men. In that example e was basically the same.

Biggest issue I’d see is pushing it out a slin pin if that’s what you used. Be like a thumb training session.

I recall hairygrandpa doing something sub q but not any more - might be able to add to this though

https://www.smoa.jsexmed.org/article/S2050-1161(16)30005-8/fulltext

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never did test sub-q -but trest. Long esters need too much time to resolve, leaving boils for days. Test-prop could be used sub-q more conveniently, IMHO.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be running a cycle this spring that will involve taking a very low dose (175-200 mg/wk max) of test prop, which will come out to dosing something like 25-30 mg per day. My test prop contains 100 mg/ml, so I won't need to inject more than 0.3 ml per day. For those of you who have previously run cycles involving test prop injected subq, does this sound like a reasonable amount of oil to inject via the subq route? hairygrandpa

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be running a cycle this spring that will involve taking a very low dose (175-200 mg/wk max) of test prop, which will come out to dosing something like 25-30 mg per day. My test prop contains 100 mg/ml, so I won't need to inject more than 0.3 ml per day. For those of you who have previously run cycles involving test prop injected subq, does this sound like a reasonable amount of oil to inject via the subq route? hairygrandpa
I've run Test C 200 mg/ml, 0.5 ml per subq inject with zero issues.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup and if you have doctor prescribed test like Watson westward etc.. you will get no pain or redness at all. Now underground **** is a whole different story. Stuff can knot up cause pain, redness, swelling and a that

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup and if you have doctor prescribed test like Watson westward etc.. you will get no pain or redness at all. Now underground **** is a whole different story. Stuff can knot up cause pain, redness, swelling and a that
So you're saying if the T isnt pharma grade, you can experience those sides when pinned subq?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I would do the same.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying if the T isnt pharma grade, you can experience those sides when pinned subq?
I would say it depends what oil is used. That it forms a boil on a long ester is a given, as its a depot that resolves slowly. Maybe pharma grade uses cotton seed oil and underground is "french fries leftover oil". :)

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never did test sub-q -but trest. Long esters need too much time to resolve, leaving boils for days. Test-prop could be used sub-q more conveniently, IMHO.
Out of curiosity, why did you pin trest subq?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out of curiosity, why did you pin trest subq?
Trest ace at 75mg/ml at 30-35mg/d is very low volume. Why augment scar tissue in my delts?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

I know several of us noticed slightly lower overall T levels, as the oil is absorbed slower and less effectively. I does lead to less E2, however, if that's an issue.

definitely not something for a real cycle, but more of an option for TRT where the total volume used is lower...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't it become a lump or hardness later on ? I tried sub q on quad before haha its ****
Not with short esters and reasonable volume. The lump is the depot.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I inject my Test sub-Q. I use 280mg per week constantly, pinning .2 of my 200mg/ml everyday into my the fat on my thighs 40mg/day. I barely need any AI, or can just use proviron usually, unless I blast. I save my belly fat for petides, plus have little belly fat luckily and more leg fat. The Enenthate left welts for the first couple weeks, but now there is nothing ever left over. .2 sub q is nothing. 1ml sub q is a lot, especially if you are thin.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I do all mine sub q. As stated you can only do 250 mg per slin pin *unless you use garbage gear*. Also as stated you will get a huge lump for a few days but who cares