Test Injections Newbie questions

bubble boy

Awards
OK, I'm 56 and through talking with some even older guys at my gym who take test I decided to
try it out. This is not through a doctor. So I started out at 125 twice a week for roughly 5 weeks and bumped it up to 250 twice a week for 3 weeks. Through it I had experienced some headaches, and some fatigue but wasn't sure it was related. I was seeing nice results strength, size and looks wise. I also managed to get some sinus cold that lasted 2 weeks. I was taking Arimidex 1/2 pill with every injection. It was suggested I bump up to 500 every other day to see if that helped lethargy and headaches. Which it did for a bit and then I managed to get flu like symptoms. Odd because I never get sick and now twice in 2 months.....could it be related?
I'm now on the fence if I should just go off test altogether. and since I've only been on for 3 months what would be the best way to do that...taper down over months. Any thoughts on staying on/ going off and sideseffects of either? I will add that sex drive isn't where I would like it to be either. same to lower that when I started.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing this with the intention of being TRT or doing a cycle? 500mgs every other day? That is crazy for anyone, let alone someone that just started for the first time. Most people on here are probably going to ask you what your goals and intentions were with starting test in the first place, but regardless of what your intentions are 3000 mgs of test a week is ridiculously high and going to cause you more adverse side effects than anything positive.

Research "test flu"

Somewhere around 100-200 mgs a week would be a general TRT range. And 500mgs a week is pretty common as a first "cycle" but not healthy as a long term protocol.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
“I’ve only been on for three months.” Is confusing. 3 months would be a cycle and you should have a planned PCT to come off.

if you don’t intend to come off with a PCT then you would be doing TRT and would just lower your dose to something like 80-120 mg a week.

You need to get your blood tested to know where you are and if doing TRT every three months for a few quarters to adjust your TRT dose

are you intending to stay on TRT or looking to come off your cycle and start your natural production??

bubble boy

Awards
“I’ve only been on for three months.” Is confusing. 3 months would be a cycle and you should have a planned PCT to come off.

if you don’t intend to come off with a PCT then you would be doing TRT and would just lower your dose to something like 80-120 mg a week.

You need to get your blood tested to know where you are and if doing TRT every three months for a few quarters to adjust your TRT dose

are you intending to stay on TRT or looking to come off your cycle and start your natural production??
Well, this was initially intended as a cycle With Age and injuries I was looking for some "help". The results have been decent but I don't really think staying on for life is for me. So After 3 months of being on I starting thinking maybe I should get off completely. I will continue to wean down to 100 - 200 Mg per week to at least get to TRT level. Then I think I would like come off completely but I want to do it correctly and not screw my sex drive of anything else.
I think the more I researched the more I realized this just wasn't something I want to deal with every week for life.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you want to come off you should discontinue injections and start a PCT protocol. What do you have on hand now to do this??

Titratidown to a TRT dose for a while and then coming off IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. You will prolong your shut down as well as prolong recovery

just a guess.... you want to go to a TRT dose for a while as you don’t have what you need to start a PCT and you need to order and wait for shipping?
IF that’s the case stay at a TRT dose until your supplies arrive.
What is your planned PCT protocol??

bubble boy

Awards
If you want to come off you should discontinue injections and start a PCT protocol. What do you have on hand now to do this??

Titratidown to a TRT dose for a while and then coming off IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. You will prolong your shut down as well as prolong recovery

just a guess.... you want to go to a TRT dose for a while as you don’t have what you need to start a PCT and you need to order and wait for shipping?
IF that’s the case stay at a TRT dose until your supplies arrive.
What is your planned PCT protocol??
Yeah, that's pretty much the situation. Not really wanting to go off completely but as I said I can't imagine doing this twice a week for life. Maybe in a few years when I really need it I'll pick it up again who knows.
PCT wise I'm not well versed especially since I am cutting it short I am not prepared well. I assume M-Test and Dermacrine might be a start. I do have Adex on hand as well.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ok,
I am on TRT and have never done a full cycle with PCT. I will try to help but please research my advice before moving forward as I am no expert

drop to a trt dose 80-120 mg a week while you wait for your PCT supplies to arrive once they do...

weeks 1-2 stop injections and add HCG. I don’t know an appropriate dose, I do 250 iu 2x week For my trt. I believe I have seen between 250-500 iu 2x week recommended (please check) for cycle PCT

Nolva weeks 3-6 at 40/40/20/20 is pretty standard (check when to start nolva I believe it’s 2 weeks after last injection)

Then take 12 weeks and get a blood test for total testosterone, free testosterone, and SHBG

hopefully someone more knowledgeable will review my statements and correct me

bubble boy

Awards
Ok,
I am on TRT and have never done a full cycle with PCT. I will try to help but please research my advice before moving forward as I am no expert

drop to a trt dose 80-120 mg a week while you wait for your PCT supplies to arrive once they do...

weeks 1-2 stop injections and add HCG. I don’t know an appropriate dose, I do 250 iu 2x week For my trt. I believe I have seen between 250-500 iu 2x week recommended (please check) for cycle PCT

Nolva weeks 3-6 at 40/40/20/20 is pretty standard (check when to start nolva I believe it’s 2 weeks after last injection)

Then take 12 weeks and get a blood test for total testosterone, free testosterone, and SHBG

hopefully someone more knowledgeable will review my statements and correct me
I appreciate your input. I did talk to my source and he is saying HCG and Clomid. I will need to confirm dosages

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK, I'm 56 and through talking with some even older guys at my gym who take test I decided to
try it out. This is not through a doctor. So I started out at 125 twice a week for roughly 5 weeks and bumped it up to 250 twice a week for 3 weeks. Through it I had experienced some headaches, and some fatigue but wasn't sure it was related. I was seeing nice results strength, size and looks wise. I also managed to get some sinus cold that lasted 2 weeks. I was taking Arimidex 1/2 pill with every injection. It was suggested I bump up to 500 every other day to see if that helped lethargy and headaches. Which it did for a bit and then I managed to get flu like symptoms. Odd because I never get sick and now twice in 2 months.....could it be related?
I'm now on the fence if I should just go off test altogether. and since I've only been on for 3 months what would be the best way to do that...taper down over months. Any thoughts on staying on/ going off and sideseffects of either? I will add that sex drive isn't where I would like it to be either. same to lower that when I started.
It’s too late to tell you you can really screw up your hormones by using test and not know what you’re doing, so I won’t go there. In my opinion, I would stop the test and start a PCT with the advice of someone that is well versed in it. There are several guys on this forum that are on TRT due to doing a cycle of gear or prohormones and not knowing what they were doing. Hopefully your PCT will work and your natural production will bounce back.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s too late to tell you you can really screw up your hormones by using test and not know what you’re doing, so I won’t go there. In my opinion, I would stop the test and start a PCT with the advice of someone that is well versed in it. There are several guys on this forum that are on TRT due to doing a cycle of gear or prohormones and not knowing what they were doing. Hopefully your PCT will work and your natural production will bounce back.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just wondering how things are going and where you’re at with your PCT?

bubble boy

Awards
Just wondering how things are going and where you’re at with your PCT?
Thanks for checking......PCT and clomid will be in next week. Dropped to 125 x2 this week and down to 100 x 100 next week is my plan. Feeling pretty good, much better at lower dose. Still not sure I want this to be my life style every week so probably jump on PCT when it arrives. Also getting some Ultrahard from iconic to replace Arimidex with. Haven’t had to even use arimidex at lower dosages though. But Ultra hard may help me out some I’m told.