Test E & Anavar Hair Growth when cycle is optimal

Maxine3

Awards
I’ve done a lot of reading on how test cycles can cause hair loss and thinning by dht.

I cant find much info about increased hair growth for when you have almost perfect optimal cycles when your body is in a complete anabolic state and everything goes well. I was worried if I started a 10 week test e cycle and 4-6 week anavar run for a cut then it may pause my hair growth on my head. I don’t have any genetic issues about balding since my hair grows extremely thick from an asian background. I just got my haircut and my barber cut it way too short, last year when I did my test cycle I remember that the first pin made my facial hair pause for a week but then resumed to normal. I am 33 by the way 165 lbs 12% bf.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve done a lot of reading on how test cycles can cause hair loss and thinning by dht.

I cant find much info about increased hair growth for when you have almost perfect optimal cycles when your body is in a complete anabolic state and everything goes well. I was worried if I started a 10 week test e cycle and 4-6 week anavar run for a cut then it may pause my hair growth on my head. I don’t have any genetic issues about balding since my hair grows extremely thick from an asian background. I just got my haircut and my barber cut it way too short, last year when I did my test cycle I remember that the first pin made my facial hair pause for a week but then resumed to normal. I am 33 by the way 165 lbs 12% bf.

I'm going to post my little speal about hair loss so you can kind of start to understand what's going on. Anytime you introduce an exogenous androgenic hormone in your body, it's going to attach to the scalp and cause accelerated male pattern baldness. Here is some info that might help you out.

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I'm going to be starting PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

Maxine3

Awards
Thank you for your insight. Last year after the 1st week it seemed like my hair grew normal and then during the middle of the cycle it was growing faster than usual.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Something I never thought would give me results with my hair in a million years is taurine, now I’m a massive believer in the supp. taurine orally and taurine and caffeine topically are the only things I have ever seen regrow with and stopped shedding in its tracks. I use ethanol or vodka with taurine/caffeine in spray bottle, I don’t even use shampoo anymore because the condition of my hair and scalp is amazing.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Something I never thought would give me results with my hair in a million years is taurine, now I’m a massive believer in the supp. taurine orally and taurine and caffeine topically are the only things I have ever seen regrow with and stopped shedding in its tracks. I use ethanol or vodka with taurine/caffeine in spray bottle, I don’t even use shampoo anymore because the condition of my hair and scalp is amazing.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Do they sell a topical taurine shampoo?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Do they sell a topical taurine shampoo?

I downloaded a the full study they linked to in that article. You can give it a read if you want, I'll give it a more thorough read later.

https://mega.nz/file/i4EAmSpT#AErC5O_GeyezVHsVYHm-uurhTa39WaZ82iK8GxA4MtA [PDF]

Btw, taurine is a very cheap supplement and has very little taste. You can add multiple grams in your protein shake no problem. I recommend the Life Extension Taurine. Life Extension is an excellent company with very high quality standards of manufacturing.

Maxine3

Awards
So should I worry about my hair being stunted or growing slower after the start of my cycle? My barber really messed up my hair cutting it short and I would gladly postpone my cycle until my hair grows longer. I’ve only done two other test cycles and I didn’t experience slow hair growth or hair loss/thinning yet.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So should I worry about my hair being stunted or growing slower after the start of my cycle? My barber really messed up my hair cutting it short and I would gladly postpone my cycle until my hair grows longer. I’ve only done two other test cycles and I didn’t experience slow hair growth or hair loss/thinning yet.
You might be one of those genetic freaks of nature that just doesn't have many DHT receptors in your scalp. However, I would still recommend washing your hair with Nizoral shampoo while on cycle. It's not going to hurt anything, so potentially preventing future hair loss would be a net positive, even if you don't have the genetics for it (which you have no way of knowing, unless 23andme or similar companies offer that as an option when getting your DNA tested).