Unanswered Test-e a couple of questions

kevker

Awards
Hi all, just started my first cycle of Test-e in over 12 years. When I did it before had good results and went through normal cycles with stacking etc. Then life got in the way and my priorities changed. Been back hard in the gym now for over a year and did my first jab on saturday. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

How fast would you notice a strength increase. It's been noticeable already for me, so is that just a placebo effect, or could it really have helped that quick.

second question, is that now I'm not looking to gain as much size as possible, at 50, I just want decent gains and help keeping my test up. Will I still get benefits of just using test e on a normal set of cycles, rather than ramping up and stacking? at the moment I'll be doing 250 once a week. Second cycle will probably up that to 250 twice a week.

Your help as always is appreciated

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t ramp up test during a cycle it would do little sense to me and wouldn’t be beneficial for steady levels. 250mg a week will give you a nice little strength boost, it’ll boost your metabolism and you’ll probably gain a few lbs but it’s going to be mild, I’d call that a recomp, sorta.

kevker

Awards
I wouldn’t ramp up test during a cycle it would do little sense to me and wouldn’t be beneficial for steady levels. 250mg a week will give you a nice little strength boost, it’ll boost your metabolism and you’ll probably gain a few lbs but it’s going to be mild, I’d call that a recomp, sorta.

Thanks, thats kinda what I thought, and probably what I'm looking for.

As for ramping up, sorry I don't think I explained myself very well. I meant on future cycles, will I get the same benefits just using test-e or is it really necessary to stack?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test only is over rated and isn’t as strong as a stand alone as people make it to be but it still can change you a lot. It’s just at some point people need more but at 50 years old, you probably don’t want to get insanely massive so test would be enough imo, maybe during future cycles you could add things like proviron, tbol but I’d recommend staying in the mild orals if you ever do. Just as an exemple though, 2 years ago I started having low t symptoms , lost a lot of muscle, started trt at 175 lbs, my trt was 150 mg but I upped it to 250mg, in 4 months I went from 175 to 195, had an insane recomp, of course some of it was muscle memory, but you’ll definitely enjoy the little boost from 250mg, especially if you aren’t holding a lot of muscle yet.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would sooooooooooo much rather test @160/week for life than 500/week for 10-12 weeks.

kevker

Awards
I wouldn’t cycle at 50. I’d just get on and stay on. Way better results that way, keep up on labs and enjoy the second half of your life.
I never even thought of it that way. Always been drilled in cycling, coming off, getting my natural test back up again before doing another cycle. At my age, there's probably going to be damn all recovery as it will be naturally declining anyway.

You've certainly given me food for thought and the pct is always more expensive than the test anyway, so savings all round lol

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well I assumed he would be on trt or would go for a blast and cruise method obviously. Pcting at 50 makes no sense as you’re most likely not gonna come back from it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe see where your levels are now? It’s not super hard to find a legit TRT doc that’ll keep you in check. My way isn’t ideal even though I have a great doc, he doesn’t necessarily care if I create problems for myself long term since he didn’t put me on it. But he’ll accommodate my lab requests.
A doctor always wants to protect you from harm if he/she’s the one that put you on the medication.

Last edited:

kevker

Awards
Well I assumed he would be on trt or would go for a blast and cruise method obviously. Pcting at 50 makes no sense as you’re most likely not gonna come back from it.
I'm assuming blast and cruise means doing a cycle, then off time with no pct?

kevker

Awards
Maybe see where your levels are now? It’s not super hard to find a legit TRT doc that’ll keep you in check. My way isn’t ideal even though I have a great doc, he doesn’t necessarily care if I create problems for myself long term since he didn’t put me on it. But he’ll accommodate my lab requests.
A doctor always wants to protect you from harm if he/she’s the one that put you on the medication.
I have done, they are at the low end for my age.

As far as I'm aware it's a lot more difficult to get a trt doc in the UK, as I think it's very tightly regulated here. From what I can see, it looks like it comes out anywhere from £50-£100 a shot here. I can get a full ten week course of pharma test for about £20. Go figure

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm assuming blast and cruise means doing a cycle, then off time with no pct?
Blast and cruise is a method more serious bodybuilder/people use to avoid pcting and all the hormones yo-yoing that PCT involves. It also means a bigger commitment as it might result in permanent shutdown thus TRT for life. It’s basically blasting 2-3 times a year(usually 2) with whatever amount/type of gear the user wants, then coming down to 200-300mg of test depending on user, to hold onto muscles and give a break to your body even though cruising is still at supra physiological levels so it’ll still trash your lipids a little and be rough on your RBC. Not ideal for long term health but it’s manageable for a couple years. Coming back to an actual trt dose after a blast is healthier.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Blast and cruise is a method more serious bodybuilder/people use to avoid pcting and all the hormones yo-yoing that PCT involves. It also means a bigger commitment as it might result in permanent shutdown thus TRT for life. It’s basically blasting 2-3 times a year(usually 2) with whatever amount/type of gear the user wants, then coming down to 200-300mg of test depending on user, to hold onto muscles and give a break to your body even though cruising is still at supra physiological levels so it’ll still trash your lipids a little and be rough on your RBC. Not ideal for long term health but it’s manageable for a couple years. Coming back to an actual trt dose after a blast is healthier.
It’s important to only blast 2-3 times a year and always return to a responsible TRT dose in between....

Math and Myself always adhere to this rule...

Promise...

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s important to only blast 2-3 times a year and always return to a responsible TRT dose in between....

Math and Myself always adhere to this rule...

Promise...
yup yup!!! Actually this year I did better than this. I only blasted once. From March to October. So that’s only 1 blast a year.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yup yup!!! Actually this year I did better than this. I only blasted once. From March to October. So that’s only 1 blast a year.
Er, uh, Ya! Totally, me too!
Actually it’s not that bad.
Jan-March Trest/Test cruise
May-June npp/Dbol/high test
July-now Test and smidge of trest cruise.
Only reason I went from Trest to Npp was my labs were flawless, Hdl/LDL in range RBC/H&H in range.
Sometimes I feel like I’m reckless but I go off labs, and honestly when you switch compounds and DONT cruise for a few months, your gear is barely noticeable. Your receptors need a break.