Test Driving New PNI Prodigy

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to thank stryder for including me in on the beta tester round for PNI's new version of Prodigy. As you can see, it has quite the profile!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463425447.318551.jpg

A couple of these ingredients I don't have any experience with. Namely, 2-amino-6-methyl and PeakATP. Everything else is widely used and known as ergogenic aids. Here's my initial review of things--

Profile--4/5. Although there are some good, proven ingredients in here. The basics are underdosed. My guess is that this PWO is meant to be stacked with another PNI product to get efficacious doses of creatine, L-Cit, BA, and betaine. I initially was going to go with a 3/5 here for those basics. But, everything else really does have a decent dose.

Mixability--5/5. I was really surprised at how well this mixed up and dissolved! With 10oz of water and about 6-8 secs of shaking, this stuff was good to go. Minimal clingers on the sides. Good job on this!

Taste--5/5. Stryder said this was like a grape sweet-tart and it really is! This flavor is a nice tart grape. No bad aftertaste, not overly sweet. Very good job here!

Effects--?/5 I need more workouts to fully gauge this.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the initial feedback. How was it in terms of energy level, strength, pump, endurance, focus, etc...?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the initial feedback. How was it in terms of energy level, strength, pump, endurance, focus, etc...?
Honestly. I'm less than impressed? With my first use on Saturday, I didn't have as much focus as normal and just wasn't as strong. The energy was lackluster compared to my normal PWO (EC + caffeine-free RagNOrok-ELITE). I honestly just felt like I was ambling along in my workout without the excitement that I had that morning prior to taking Prodigy. The worst thing was I crashed about 45 minutes in. I never crash from a PWO. But this is my first experience with DMHA so I'm willing to accept that it's just me? The way things were going, I didn't really pay attention on the pump.

I'm deloading this week which is why I'm not listing my workouts in here. I was going to de-load next week, but I was thinking that maybe Saturday had a bit to do with the need to back off a bit. I was going to wait until after deload to dose again. But with your post, I figured I should go ahead and do it this morning. I'm sorry to say that I had a lot of the same results. I focused more on how my pump was this morning, and that part was nice. Had some good vascularity going in my upper arms (shoulder day and threw in some curls for pump's sake). Not spectacular but nice. I also noticed that I was very thirsty, I'm guessing due to the glycerol. I had around a quart of water before I left the house, and even after another quart at the gym, my mouth was still tacky. I think the highest I've gone with glycerol before this was around 2 grams. So I'm willing to say I just didn't have enough water to keep up with the 3 grams in Prodigy. Unfortunately, the crash hit me again this morning.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So after taking it you had less focus, less strength, less energy, and then crashed? These results are extremely atypical to all the feedback we've received from extensive testing.

I know that different users respond differently to certain ingredients, but to have a unilateral decrease in all key performance areas is quite perplexing.

I guess we chalk this up as an outlier case.

Thank you for your honesty and feedback.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That has been the case. I'm a bit surprised too because the profile looks great and I've used most of the ingredients in the past.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not writing off the new Prodigy just yet. I still have 12 doses. But I would prefer to use them next week after this deload. I'm hoping that having a few consecutive days of it will change up my reaction.

Hey! This is what beta-testing is all about, right?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a much better workout this morning. I added something to help with the crashing I experienced earlier and it helped greatly. No crash, better focus and endurance today. So much so that I got to the gym early and told myself I would leave early so I'd make it to work on time. Didn't happen...

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Prodigy for the past week and have found a new affection for it! I've found that adding 10mg of noopept stops the crashing effect that was occurring. With that simple stack, this has become a great pre-workout! More deets coming later!