test cypionate injections 200mg causing fatigue/brain fog

clayboy_123

Awards
why would these cause me to be sleepy and have brain fog all day on the day of injection, until the next day - and then lessen each successive day until repeating injection 7 days later? anything i can do to alleviate this?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why are you injecting 200 mgs? That's is high very TRT. Are you on TRT? The usual starting dose is 100 mgs. It's probably throwing your levels above the max normal range and causing your issues because it's throwing all of your other hormones off. I'm sure your E2 levels are through the roof on your dose. Can you post your latest labs?

clayboy_123

Awards
Yea it's prescribed . It's only on injection day. Do you have any suggestions?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First can you post your latest labs? It would be a big help for guys to assist you. Second I would back down my dose to 100 mgs a week, even split it into two doses twice a week. Frequent doses help keep E2 down. Then I would find another dr that is up on the latest TRT protocols. Keep us posted. We are here to help you.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just started TRT myself a couple months ago.

You are starting to get good advice here OP. 200 mg/week is high and unfortunately, what many men's health clinics prescribe. This amount will spike your test early on then leave you in a low state 7 days later.

The better protocol is injecting every 3.5 days. This way the "spike" is reduced along with reduction in test aromatizing into estrogen (E2). I'm 5'6" and 162 lbs and 60 mg every 3.5 days is working for me without the need for AI blocker.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've been on trt for 4 years, same thing used to happen to me after injection, tired, ears would ring, no libido, brain fog etc. doc had me on wrong dose, 200mg/week. Got on correct 100mg dose (2 weekly 50mg), and slowly went back to normal. Changed doctors as well..

BTW, you may want to eventually add sublingual DHEA to your protocol, as I have recently found. It works wonders, since DHEA can become low when on trt.

j2048b

Awards
Id say split that 200 mlg into 2 shots each week and see how u feel,

Also get bw done to see what ur bloods look like....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
probably high estrogen, especially if you're not taking an AI. kenpoengineer gave great advice

clayboy_123

Awards
Well my dhea sulfate was low. Does that have any bearing I whether sublingual dhea would be needed?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Well my dhea sulfate was low. Does that have any bearing I whether sublingual dhea would be needed?
If it's low, try a low dose sublingual micronized DHEA. Start out low like I did, 5mg and work your way up to the point you feel better.

clayboy_123

Awards
If not on ai,and estradiol high since starting trt, could dhea cause estradiol to increase further?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it can, but typically only if you are going outside of normal range. Excess DHEA can convert to estrogen, but if it is low, then it can benefit you. BTW- when I first started TRT I was put on 200mg a week and felt great for about a month and then sides came on. Keep in mind that e2 is only part of the picture that you need to be aware of with that high of a dose- blood pressure, RBC, hematocrit levels can all increase past safe levels if that is continued.