Test and keto!!

Gp2442

Awards
Hey guys so running test e and being in ketosis. Will I make gains? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
are you eating enough to grow? are you cycling the ketosis?
further... you need to be in a cyclic keto diet as a strait keto diet will turn you catabolic with in about 10 days. that wastes muscle. the test will help blunt that but wont really set you up to grow if you are dieting.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
further... you need to be in a cyclic keto diet as a strait keto diet will turn you catabolic with in about 10 days. that wastes muscle. the test will help blunt that but wont really set you up to grow if you are dieting.
I think there is some individuality to it and I’d suggest that as long as there is a calorie surplus with enough protein (I know people will think wtf am I even mentioning that but true keto is very high fat rather than protein) then it’s possible to grow (glycogenesis can address some of the issues through lack of carbs).

however, is it optimal for growth for most people, not even close imo. Possible but definitely not an ideal way to go.

carb backloading/cycling is basically what Ben greenfield does, OP, I’d look at his diet model if you want to maintain a keto approach but make reasonable gains

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the Anabolic diet by Dr Mario Pascel (SP) will teach you how to eat in keto and gain mass. you just really need to realize that gaining on keto is a fine line.. the calories can be wildly bigger in a keto meal do to the fat content. and that makes it easy to gain fat if youre not paying close attention.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This podcast is pretty good. The guy is in great shape and gets really ripped utilizing keto.

Gp2442

Awards
I just want to drop some fat and just don't know if it's better to just eat clean with good carbs or stay in keto

Gp2442

Awards
I just want to drop some fat and just don't know if it's better to just eat clean with good carbs or stay in keto
Basically I need a good diet plan to lose some fat and grow

Gp2442

Awards
the Anabolic diet by Dr Mario Pascel (SP) will teach you how to eat in keto and gain mass. you just really need to realize that gaining on keto is a fine line.. the calories can be wildly bigger in a keto meal do to the fat content. and that makes it easy to gain fat if youre not paying close attention.
Wait so do you think I'd have better results just eating clean carbs and high protein? I don't wanna waste my "supplements" I figure if I'm gonna use them I need to make the most out of it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Basically trying to recomp
I feel like a the standard approach might suit you best.. if you are not up to speed on all the nuances of keto dieting, you will likely end up gaining a little fat trying to recomp.

there is always a TKD (timed keto diet) set up .. and maybe that is another good diet for recomping and losing fat. 2 days low carbs and 1 day normal would be a decent starting point. but again, there is nothing wrong with just eating at maintence (normal macros) and letting the supplements aid in your efforts.