Terrified of TRT treatment

GSPDad

Awards
Hey all!

Long time lurker and obviously my first post. I will get right to it and say that I am terrified of my tet pellet treatment. Im on day 6 and I have had multiple panic attacks which I have a history of, the first two days I felt rather odd, light headed and almost feel like butterflies in my stomach. The reasoning behind the decision for this treatment was living with low T for years on end. The highest my test has ever been was around 300 when I was in my early 20's. Now that I am 38, after a fast and blood test at 8am I'm lucky to crack 200-230 in the last few months. My BP was 118/80 before the pellets Friday. I think my anxiety/panic is causing me to worry about the changes.

Am I overthinking this? Why am I terrified?

gonepostal

Awards
Hey all!

Long time lurker and obviously my first post. I will get right to it and say that I am terrified of my tet pellet treatment. Im on day 6 and I have had multiple panic attacks which I have a history of, the first two days I felt rather odd, light headed and almost feel like butterflies in my stomach. The reasoning behind the decision for this treatment was living with low T for years on end. The highest my test has ever been was around 300 when I was in my early 20's. Now that I am 38, after a fast and blood test at 8am I'm lucky to crack 200-230 in the last few months. My BP was 118/80 before the pellets Friday. I think my anxiety/panic is causing me to worry about the changes.

No idea what you're worried about. I never felt better in my entire life since my first trt injection. I really think you are overthinking this. I've never heard anybody get on trt and say they felt worse than they did before. Although that being said I use injections and have never use the pellets. I don't know much about the pellets themselves but I can tell you low test sucks and any kind of treatment has got to be better. Stop overthinking it, once you get your test levels up you'll realize you feel like a man again.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey all!

Your E2 is probably high. Stay away from pellets and do injections.

GSPDad

Awards
Your E2 is probably high. Stay away from pellets and do injections.
I would do injections but felt this was my best option due to my profession. Traveling to some areas, their customs frown upon it even though its proscribed with documentation. Anywho, I picked up some DIM with broccoli seed extract to see if that helps as I did suspect E2 jumped a bit. Doc is looking to get me an AI to take just incase.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Injections are the most effective, cost efficient, and reliable method of TRT. I do injections and its helped a ton.

Also — take a note. Seriously, take out a pad and pen. Get a “sensitive estradiol” test. High and low estradiol cause anxiety. You are going to want to monitor estradiol to keep yourself in the range you feel best.

The issue with pellets is your T levels are going to be like a toller coaster and controlling estradiol is going to be tough. Injections are more stable, given that you inject frequently enough

Are you taking an antiaromatase?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Injections are the most effective, cost efficient, and reliable method of TRT. I do injections and its helped a ton.

Also — take a note. Seriously, take out a pad and pen. Get a “sensitive estradiol” test. High and low estradiol cause anxiety. You are going to want to monitor estradiol to keep yourself in the range you feel best.

The issue with pellets is your T levels are going to be like a toller coaster and controlling estradiol is going to be tough. Injections are more stable, given that you inject frequently enough

GSPDad

Awards

No AI right now. But I figured injections would be the rollercoaster compaired to pellets. That and again my situation with my profession dosent make injections feasible.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No AI right now. But I figured injections would be the rollercoaster compaired to pellets. That and again my situation with my profession dosent make injections feasible.
Hmm.. they make testosterone undeconate that could be injected every couple weeks i believe...

But anyway, id check my estradiol. Thats the most common cause of anxiety on TRT

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people have success with pellets, but ive seen so many people feel good for a while and then their T levels decline as the pellet runs out. But Dr.’s tend to replace pellets too late which causes the patients T to crash. Maybe your Dr would be open to replacing the pellets before that happens

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did not have success with pellets. The high and low swing is pretty big. A nice 200mg shot every 6 days has got my levels very steady and I feel much better.

For some reason right after pellets I was down for 2-3 days with the biggest lethargy ever. Hope it works for you. Bonus to injections is I pay like 10 bucks a month as compared to 1400 a year with pellets.

GSPDad

Awards
Some people have success with pellets, but ive seen so many people feel good for a while and then their T levels decline as the pellet runs out. But Dr.’s tend to replace pellets too late which causes the patients T to crash. Maybe your Dr would be open to replacing the pellets before that happens
Yeah she is big on doing blood work and mentioned replacing them once I hit a certain level before I hit rock bottom again. I asked her for an AI a bit ago, waiting to see what she gives me.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Test undec is a great option. Although some of the protocols they prescribe with that ester are a bit crazy. I have had success and stability at 200 mg once a week

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah she is big on doing blood work and mentioned replacing them once I hit a certain level before I hit rock bottom again. I asked her for an AI a bit ago, waiting to see what she gives me.
i would never see a female doc for anything hormone related...but that's just me.

GSPDad

Awards
i would never see a female doc for anything hormone related...but that's just me.
She is my PCP but she worked with the practice owner who also sees me from time to time. He was the one that ordered the blood tests and said I was way too low. I honestly think I may be worried about changes or uncontrollable sides.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
She is my PCP but she worked with the practice owner who also sees me from time to time. He was the one that ordered the blood tests and said I was way too low. I honestly think I may be worried about changes or uncontrollable sides.
all of the females i have dealt with in the health profession have been anti-testosterone, i hope you have a better experience.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To the contrary....injections are much easier to dial in. Most guys start out with a weekly injection of 100 mgs of test cyp. Some even split that dose and do two injections every 3.5 days. Can you go into more detail about your travel issues?

GSPDad

Awards
To the contrary....injections are much easier to dial in. Most guys start out with a weekly injection of 100 mgs of test cyp. Some even split that dose and do two injections every 3.5 days. Can you go into more detail about your travel issues?
The best I can say is that I travel to undesirable areas often and sanitation and carrying any type of medical equipment and medication can sometimes cause issues or raise questions. Once I retire from this line of work I would rather do injections. I think what terrifies me most is this is new and I feel out of control of the situation.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see you are in CO. I have a good alternative clinic I can refer you to if you like. Just PM me if interested.

GSPDad

Awards
Looks like I have some Letrozole inbound. Something else I have noticed is my sleep habits have changes. I have not had this deep of sleep since probably 20.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like I have some Letrozole inbound. Something else I have noticed is my sleep habits have changes. I have not had this deep of sleep since probably 20.
are you going to carry letro with you out of the country?

GSPDad

Awards
are you going to carry letro with you out of the country?
If I have too, its easier to travel with than amps or bottles of anabolics. That and I dont have to worry about sanitation with pills.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I have too, its easier to travel with than amps or bottles of anabolics. That and I dont have to worry about sanitation with pills.
legal prescription i suppose?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Of course. My career would not end well if it wasnt.
so your concern isn't legality when it comes to prescribed trt? you can get 1ml 200mg per ml bottles of test, i get 2 bottles monthly. one bottle is 2 uses, after i puncture vial i put in a ziplock bag even though it is probably not necessary in my situation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I see a female trt doc. She's amazing.
and that's just you, lol. i said they aren't for me, if you found a good one more power to ya!!!

Captain_Action

Awards
I’ve got a fem aging doc and I wouldn’t trade her for anything. She wants my levels at 1200 and focusses on “feel” primarily with an eye on bloods. She’s amazing.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - I usually don't make a lot of points with stuff like this, but here goes:

You are on day 6. Day 6. That isn't enough time, in most cases, to cause the types of reactions you are having - regardless. You could probably be taking huge doses of clomid without having these types of reactions after 6 days, at least based on pharmacology.

So that suggests you might be allowing your thoughts and fears to run rampant.

So, find a coping mechanism ... I am no doctor (nor do I play one on TV), but you should ask yourself if you have a history of terrible-izing things and worrying about unknowns. It sounds to me is if that may be the culprit.

I have no experience with pellets, but I do with transdermals. So, I will respectfully suggest that your issues are not as much to do with the pellets (although it isn't impossible), as they are being intentional with (that is, taking control of) your thoughts. Give it some time - you will figure it out - but you will need to keep your whits about you.

BTW - there is no reason that you cannot do your job with injections or transdermal creams, should it come to that.

My MD is female, and although I like her very much - and we have been together for 20+ years, but if I did not agree with her protocol - I would seek a 2nd opinion - in a heartbeat. YOU are the customer, She is your service provider.

Last edited:

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Someone already referenced it but I think it got glossed over. In your situation Nibido (test undecconate) may be the way to go. The protocol is designed to have 1000 mg injected every 10 weeks. Now ideal usage may be a shorter interval than this because we know Test E is designed to be every 2 weeks but we know people do better with more stable blood levels injected every 4 days or so.

I think this might be a better option than pellets though as far as reaching stable blood levels, controlling estro and getting dialed in.

main drawback to nibido is that if you ever go off to do a restart to have kiddos it will take months for the exogenous test to wash out. Also has a black box warning for oil embolus which I believe is because it’s a 4ml injection , seems to be extremely rare but worth asking about.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all of the females i have dealt with in the health profession have been anti-testosterone, i hope you have a better experience.
I must be the exception as my current nurse practitioner is female and she prescribes 200mg test cyp per week for TRT...a pretty good dose i think!

GSPDad

Awards
So,

Just an update. I am entering my 4th week on the pellets and I can say I feel like a different person. My anxiety is gone for the most part my diet is coming along nicely and Inhave rejoined nice local gym that is mostly strongman and bodybuilders. I took a desk position and will be permanently working like a normal person now as well. As for the workouts I am doing a classic 3 day split with very light weight and focusing on form. I have also found it a bit strange that I am always hungry now despite taking in around 3200 calories a day and my muscles seem fuller. I have never taken any anabolic substance before whether it be UG or prescribed. But so far I like where this is going.

Thanks for the support!

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So,

Just an update. I am entering my 4th week on the pellets and I can say I feel like a different person. My anxiety is gone for the most part my diet is coming along nicely and Inhave rejoined nice local gym that is mostly strongman and bodybuilders. I took a desk position and will be permanently working like a normal person now as well. As for the workouts I am doing a classic 3 day split with very light weight and focusing on form. I have also found it a bit strange that I am always hungry now despite taking in around 3200 calories a day and my muscles seem fuller. I have never taken any anabolic substance before whether it be UG or prescribed. But so far I like where this is going.

Thanks for the support!
Happy that things are going better for you but now that you’re settling into a more typical desk job, you may want to consider switching to an injectable protocol when the pellet wears out....just a thought.

GSPDad

Awards
Happy that things are going better for you but now that you’re settling into a more typical desk job, you may want to consider switching to an injectable protocol when the pellet wears out....just a thought.
I agree, the pellets seem to work well but I had one reject and come out and my ass is still tender around where the pellets are. It's not worth it and I will be going the injectable route moving forward. Also, I like the fact that with injections I can moderate my dosage easily and add whatever I want at any time. I've talked to some other older fellas at the gym and they are suggesting low dosage deca to help with my beat up joints as temporary relief.

GSPDad

Awards
Got bloods scheduled for Friday, that will be my 6 week mark. Something isn't quite right because my libido is now zero and i am feeling a bit numb. So I guess either the E2 is completely crashed or seriously high. But then again I have not been taking the letrozole every other week. I took 1.5mg last week and still no change in the libido.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a lot of Letrozole. I couldn't use more than .625mg weekly with 200mg test injections or I would crash my E2. It has a very long active life too so it tends to linger.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that’s crazy but I can see that. My endo is a Indian woman and she has me on 200mg a week test cyp injections. Sadly she is 100x better than the guy I had before and now I’ve been with her for years.
But op I would inject trust me it’s night and day. No crashes or other side effects at all

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that’s crazy but I can see that. My endo is a Indian woman and she has me on 200mg a week test cyp injections. Sadly she is 100x better than the guy I had before and now I’ve been with her for years.
But op I would inject trust me it’s night and day. No crashes or other side effects at all
my doc is a male, but unfortunately it is the team nurses that run the show-they are always looking for reasons to reduce or take off testosterone completely....my wife tells me it is the same for her and that male doctors are much more sympathetic to womens hormone issues than female doctors....

i will be the 1st to say that there are exceptions to everything, but for me personally i would never want to see a female doctor for anything hormonal.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my doc is a male, but unfortunately it is the team nurses that run the show-they are always looking for reasons to reduce or take off testosterone completely....my wife tells me it is the same for her and that male doctors are much more sympathetic to womens hormone issues than female doctors....

i will be the 1st to say that there are exceptions to everything, but for me personally i would never want to see a female doctor for anything hormonal.
I agree 100% but if mine was recommended to me by a bunch of men I wouldent of given her a shot.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
maybe she got her degree in india and wasn't exposed to the toxic male[testosterone]bullshyt they teach here in the states....???
I wouldent doubt it actually, her and her staff have heavy accents and she is really educated and dedicated to her profession.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldent doubt it actually, her and her staff have heavy accents and she is really educated and dedicated to her profession.
that could explain it...sounds like you have a good one!!!

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
You're definitely overthinking things and being a bit of a baby for lack of better term.

Pellets are not preferred either get off that if at all possible and onto something more reliable, two injections of testosterone cypionate per week is going to give you much more stable levels and keep you feeling great rather than up and down levels you're going to get from pellets

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're definitely overthinking things and being a bit of a baby for lack of better term.

Pellets are not preferred either get off that if at all possible and onto something more reliable, two injections of testosterone cypionate per week is going to give you much more stable levels and keep you feeling great rather than up and down levels you're going to get from pellets
I do one dose weekly of 200mg test cyp and don’t have any ups and downs. I know many like to split but once weekly does me good