Terrible Anterior Pelvic Tilt and Modest Lateral Public Tilt; Best Videos and Resources?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. I have terrible anterior pelvic tilt: very tight hamstrings, very tight hip flexors, tight lower back; weak ab muscles, non-existent obliques, no deep ab muscle strength, weak and inactive glutes.

What exercises can I do to built up?

Textbook reading resources and videos (such as Athlean-X and Jeremy Ethier) would be nice.

2. I also have terrible Lateral Pelvic tilt. Right side is stronger than the other, right hip higher and rotatated inward, etc.

What exercises to do there?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did you not make the same thread 20 days ago?

You even write your own glaring issues which need to be addressed

very tight hamstrings, very tight hip flexors, tight lower back; weak ab muscles
start with stretching these muscles, rumble rolling your hamstrings (i bet they are rocks), quads, IT bands, and calves.... if you have the money to spare forms of ART (Active Release Therapy). A deep tissue massage would go a long way. to help release the trigger poitns.

Implement more AB Work (Weighted Planks) Start with BW and slowly add focusing on proper form.

If one side is stronger then the other, start doing uni-lateral work to bring up and strengthen the other side.
You could also visit a local PT If you want further assistance.

I highly suggest you learn how to brace properly, this will assist you greatly as you progress and then utilize it on core movements.

Last edited:
Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah... don’t do heavy squats, deadlifts or weighted ab work. That’s just a horrible idea. You’ll get there but for right now, those are the absolute last things you should be doing.

Secondly, I was in your position a couple years ago. You have got to stop stressing and obsessing about it all day long. Stop doing research. You’re going to drive yourself crazy and make the problem much worse. There’s no secret video to find that’s going to fix your problems immediately. You already know what needs to be addressed and you laid it out above.

I wouldn’t stretch that much either. Your lower back is the last thing you should stretch. Stretching your lats might help, but you need to focus on is strengthening and getting the form down with light weight on functional movements like deadlifts and squats. Your hip flexors and hamstrings will work themselves out on their own, your pelvic tilt and postural problems will work themselves out once you develop the mind-muscle connection with your core and with lumbar/thoracic extension through those functional movements.

The only core exercises you should be doing are the ones where you are currently strong enough to maintain transverse abdominis engagement the entire time - this probably means NO weighted ab exercises. The things that will benefit you the most right now are developing that mind-muscle connection with your deep core muscles, with your diaphragm and with your back extensors. Your back should remain straight and flat at all times to ensure full core engagement. Practice breathing through your back on all exercises and when you exhale, breathing out as much air as possible while simultaneously squeezing with your lower back as if you’re coughing. That que should help you a little bit to relearn what it feels like.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah... don’t do heavy squats, deadlifts or weighted ab work. That’s just a horrible idea. You’ll get there but for right now, those are the absolute last things you should be doing.

Secondly, I was in your position a couple years ago. You have got to stop stressing and obsessing about it all day long. Stop doing research. You’re going to drive yourself crazy and make the problem much worse. There’s no secret video to find that’s going to fix your problems immediately. You already know what needs to be addressed and you laid it out above.

I wouldn’t stretch that much either. Your lower back is the last thing you should stretch. Stretching your lats might help, but you need to focus on is strengthening and getting the form down with light weight on functional movements like deadlifts and squats. Your hip flexors and hamstrings will work themselves out on their own, your pelvic tilt and postural problems will work themselves out once you develop the mind-muscle connection with your core and with lumbar/thoracic extension through those functional movements.

The only core exercises you should be doing are the ones where you are currently strong enough to maintain transverse abdominis engagement the entire time - this probably means NO weighted ab exercises. The things that will benefit you the most right now are developing that mind-muscle connection with your deep core muscles, with your diaphragm and with your back extensors. Your back should remain straight and flat at all times to ensure full core engagement. Practice breathing through your back on all exercises and when you exhale, breathing out as much air as possible while simultaneously squeezing with your lower back as if you’re coughing. That que should help you a little bit to relearn what it feels like.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Then you take all of that, apply it to every exercise and continue to improve and build on it. It’s really that simple. Don’t overcomplicate it in your head because that’s exactly what you’re doing. I did the same thing.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also consider the half lord of the fishes stretch and hip flexor/rectus femoris stretch, where you put your foot on a couch or something behind you and knee down, and the other leg is in front 90 degrees. I have to do this almost daily to prevent low back tightness and injury. Also can release the piriformis and rectus femoris with lacrosse ball or foam roller.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Then you take all of that, apply it to every exercise and continue to improve and build on it. It’s really that simple. Don’t overcomplicate it in your head because that’s exactly what you’re doing. I did the same thing.