Tennis Elbow - suggestions?

PegasusActual

PegasusActual

Awards
This thing is killing me, anyone have solutions BESIDES taking time off (more on that topic below) til it heals? I been using ice but NOT an anti-inflammatory like Aleve because I don't like to take pain-relievers but I am thinking I may have to if it will help.

I am in fact going to Paris for a week and a half this Sunday which I am counting as my week off from lifting so I hope that will help it out.

I can barley lift my laptop with one hand and hammer curls and some shoulder exercises are out of the question.

I want to tear out this tendon with my teeth it makes me so mad!!!:cussing: Sometimes I look at my elbow and think "What a lil bitch you are!" Like it's a separate entity like Ash's hand in Evil Dead 2.

Anyone else have any good tennis/golfer elbow stories? Probably the most annoying ache.

PA

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i get this all the time.....i use THE STRAP! hahahaha.....no in all seriousness those straps you buy at sports stores for tennis elbow work great....it keeps pressure on the tendon....

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
This thing is killing me, anyone have solutions BESIDES taking time off (more on that topic below) til it heals? I been using ice but NOT an anti-inflammatory like Aleve because I don't like to take pain-relievers but I am thinking I may have to if it will help.

I am in fact going to Paris for a week and a half this Sunday which I am counting as my week off from lifting so I hope that will help it out.

I can barley lift my laptop with one hand and hammer curls and some shoulder exercises are out of the question.

I want to tear out this tendon with my teeth it makes me so mad!!!:cussing: Sometimes I look at my elbow and think "What a lil bitch you are!" Like it's a separate entity like Ash's hand in Evil Dead 2.

Anyone else have any good tennis/golfer elbow stories? Probably the most annoying ache.

M4R
Ha, well, I'm a tennis pro / instructor. I've never had it, just got over a nagging wrist prob. Some time off will help alot! Use your other arm AMAP. Like you, I hate using pain meds, BUT, from time to time I'll use some Aleve, which....the gel caps that is, work like magic! It's GREAT stuff. So I'd get on that for a few days.

Also get on some Cissus and stack that with another quality joint supp. Labrada makes a great one. Ice, heat, massage, do it all. And if you can find a good Chiro, then you can heal up that much quicker. Then get some maintance adjustments once a month or about 6 weeks, or something like that.

Do you know what is causing this to begin?

I have a good buddy who is a Chiro. and I bet my last buck your prob is stemming from your motherboard. Ha, I'm not sure what the real name is, but my buddy the Chiro referred to it once as the motherboard, so ever since then we both call it that. It's very high up in you neck on the right side, it controls everything! If that is off, your entire body will be off.

Any Chiros on here that can explain this better than me? Hahaa. But I bet that's where it's coming from.

How do you sleep, and what type of pillow are you using? Good luck with this, I know ALOT of my current or former clients/students that have had this. It's super painful from what they've told me!

Last edited:
REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
i get this all the time.....i use THE STRAP! hahahaha.....no in all seriousness those straps you buy at sports stores for tennis elbow work great....it keeps pressure on the tendon....
Ha, the strap. Funny guy.

I see eveyone and their dog wearing those here in Fl. They do work it seems, but look very gay. But if you have to....then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Funny one, there's this one guy at the tennis club where I'm the head pro, yah I mr. big ****. Ha! This guy looks like ROBOCOP! Dude had a crazy lookin' knee brace on, some weird lookin' gaget on his arm running from wrist to his right delt. A knee wrap on his other knee. It's quite the show. Haha.

OH, forgot in my last post. Back in April I bought a wrist, elbow, carple tunnel dvd from Matt Furey that is GREAT! It's expensive at $100, but well worth it. Thought you'd like to know about it. Once again, good luck!

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Is Google ads able to see what we are discussing and post ads about it?! Because after my last post 2 secs. ago there was an ad for tennis elbow!! WTF! That's pretty cool. High-tech.

medicone

medicone

Awards
Ha, the strap. Funny guy.

I see eveyone and their dog wearing those here in Fl. They do work it seems, but look very gay. But if you have to....then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Funny one, there's this one guy at the tennis club where I'm the head pro, yah I mr. big ****. Ha! This guy looks like ROBOCOP! Dude had a crazy lookin' knee brace on, some weird lookin' gaget on his arm running from wrist to his right delt. A knee wrap on his other knee. It's quite the show. Haha.

OH, forgot in my last post. Back in April I bought a wrist, elbow, carple tunnel dvd from Matt Furey that is GREAT! It's expensive at $100, but well worth it. Thought you'd like to know about it. Once again, good luck!
I have the same thing going on right now. And of course it comes right when I go off cycle and in PCT, so now recovery is slower and the pain in more. F u c k i n g figures. Anyway I bought one of those straps yesterday and it helped a little, but when my barbbell curls were at 135, it just ripped off when my upper forearm flexed! Other than that it stayed on for most of my bi workout and I kept it on with tri workout just for added measure. It seemed to lessen the pain, and add some support, but I still felt every rep. Anyone else have any suggestions, other than IBU and RICE? Any other ways to prevent more injury without taking time off from lifting?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that helped me somewhat is by using one of those Ace elbow braces. But for me, taking time off is the only solution that totally took it away,

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try the Hot Chili I keep hearing about in PM? Jeff Everson raves about this sutff. I'd like to try it out sometime & see how it feels.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^ well, if its okay for jeff everson......:laugh2:

PegasusActual

PegasusActual

Awards
Cool thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah I did buy a blue arm strap for the elbow but it only stabilizes the tendon somewhat. If I do certain movements like hammer curls, reverse grip EZ bar curls, or reverse grip tricep cable pull downs, the tendon regresses tenfold in terms of healing and aggravating it.

I think I will try the aleve softgels and hopefully combined with a vaca it will help.

And yeah getting that during PCT must suck completely! Bad timing!

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
well...umm...try not to do the movements that aggravate your injury....youve got to work around it for a while....

PegasusActual

PegasusActual

Awards
Yeah i have already implemented alternate exercises.

medicone

medicone

Awards
well...umm...try not to do the movements that aggravate your injury....youve got to work around it for a while....
What would you recommend mooch? I can think of some things to still work out the bi's without having to clench my fists, but do you have any alternative lifts that have worked in the past? I need to lift if i am going to make it for my first show in oct-nov time frame. Please advise.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i use bodydrag curls myself when mines flaring up.....also if its the clenching of the fists thats really hurting you why not try using machines....you could do it with an open palm...

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
What would you recommend mooch? I can think of some things to still work out the bi's without having to clench my fists, but do you have any alternative lifts that have worked in the past? I need to lift if i am going to make it for my first show in oct-nov time frame. Please advise.
Use a thicker grip or the drag curls. GOOD LUCK with your show.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 36
Injury / Rehab 5
bmoore Injury / Rehab 1
Injury / Rehab 8
Training Forum 3