Temporary Fix for Cushings disease (High Cortisol/High ACTH)

CushingsMan

Awards
Looking for an alternative drug to temporarily lower cortisol, until I have a surgery to remove pituitary tumor. Endocrinologist believes I have cushings ( test results showed very high night time cortisol/acth). She says its a very long journey until the surgery, and has prescribed me Ketocoazole to lower the cortisol for now, but she warned of extreme damage it can do to the liver. Is there anything else I can take that can lower cortisol/acth, even if it has some side effects, it cant be worse than the mounting cortisol.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd look into 11 oxo and Baet

Iconic formulations , iron legion and apex alchemy all carry these ingredients

Reduce xt by sns also is a targeted cortisol control supp

There's also adaptogens such as ashwaghanda

I'd be curious to see how oral keto is , though

CushingsMan

Awards
Which one would you say is most cost effective, and can you supply a link to purchase

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
To be precise Apex, IF and IL have 11-KT products (not 11-oxo). But 11-KT and 11-oxo are suppressive compounds to test production, so not sure how well they would fit in the op's situation. B-aet would be a safer choice or the Reduce XT mentioned.

OP just go to Apex-Alchemy website or Iron Legion for the b-aet products. There's also Suppress C named product by XPG that's a b-aet product. They're all topicals btw. Strong supplement shop might have some of these too.

For the Reduce XT go to SNS (Serious Nutrition Solutions) website or Strong might have that too. This is in capsules if it matters.

These are all pretty easy to find with Google and I think many shops carry them.

You could ask your dr about using other cort control products, than the one she prescribed. I'm not familiar with the ketocoazole, but generally liver is a strong organ and can withstand quite a lot of abuse/stress and also recovers fast after cessastion of the stress inducing product. Dr.'s warning about these kind of things like liver stress might be just something they have to inform and it's good for you to take in to account. Like if you typically enjoy some beers or whiskey here and there or what ever, maybe it's good to pass on those as long as taking some liver stressfull medication.

I was on accutane in my teens for 6 months and the liver stress was a 'concern' by my dr then. We checked liver values before the treatment to know if it could be started and to see a starting point and then checked again in 3 month mark I think. Values were good/normal before treatment and funnily enough a bit better in the 3 month check up.

But like I said I'm not familiar with the keto med and am not saying to ignore the liver stress aspect. Just giving some perspective. Anyway the suggested b-aet and Reduce XT are good products for cort control.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For the Reduce XT go to SNS (Serious Nutrition Solutions) website or Strong might have that too. This is in capsules if it matters.
That's correct we carry Reduce XT over at Strong Supplement Shop!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking for an alternative drug to temporarily lower cortisol, until I have a surgery to remove pituitary tumor. Endocrinologist believes I have cushings ( test results showed very high night time cortisol/acth). She says its a very long journey until the surgery, and has prescribed me Ketocoazole to lower the cortisol for now, but she warned of extreme damage it can do to the liver. Is there anything else I can take that can lower cortisol/acth, even if it has some side effects, it cant be worse than the mounting cortisol.
i dont use ketoconazole for crushings but i have replaced my script altogether for dermatitis of the skin. I use Helios by APEX and its been a life changer. While its not going to lower cort directly its great for normalizing hormonal output and inflamation systematically. Its been almost a yr without ketoconazole for me.. which is nice cause as that stuff gets old after opening, it starts to stink like fish. Not a nice thing to put on your face.