Telmisartan question

Smokey8766

Smokey8766

Awards
I started a low dose of telmisartan 10mg in the am. I just went up from my trt dose of 200mg cyp. To 450 so I started to add in some telmisartan felt great my weird developing headache went away plus any discomfort in my sides and the need to urinate went away way less.also I could catch my breath between sets way easier and my past few workouts were a breeze . The only thing negative I noticed was I was quite tired by the second morning. Is there anything else for a arb that anyone recommends?? @Smont @Hyde thanks guys for any insite

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10mg is an absolutely tiny dose. I’ve never used that little. 40 or 80mg is basically what the clinical research supports.

That being said, if you are seeing reductions in your blood pressure numbers at 10mg then that’s great to get more from less drugs. But you need to be taking your bp to know that.

There isn’t really a better ARB for steroid users. There are ones that are weaker, or produce a bigger bp drop for a shorter window, but specifically for guys who hyper retain due to AAS Telmisartan is going to cut down on that retention better than most.

It takes a few weeks to build to maximal levels/achieve maximum bp decrease. I would use it for a couple weeks and see if the fatigue is in your head or if you adapt.

Also, remember you don’t ever get something for nothing with drug use. Welcome to the wonderful world of steroids.

Smokey8766

Smokey8766

Awards
10mg is an absolutely tiny dose. I’ve never used that little. 40 or 80mg is basically what the clinical research supports.

That being said, if you are seeing reductions in your blood pressure numbers at 10mg then that’s great to get more from less drugs. But you need to be taking your bp to know that.

There isn’t really a better ARB for steroid users. There are ones that are weaker, or produce a bigger bp drop for a shorter window, but specifically for guys who hyper retain due to AAS Telmisartan is going to cut down on that retention better than most.

It takes a few weeks to build to maximal levels/achieve maximum bp decrease. I would use it for a couple weeks and see if the fatigue is in your head or if you adapt.

Also, remember you don’t ever get something for nothing with drug use. Welcome to the wonderful world of steroids.
Thank you sir, for a reference I was 125 /64/100 about 20min after training on Friday after my first day. I was recommended 20 MG to start so I tried 10 just to acclimate myself to it. But yeah I'll run it for a few to see if the fatigue goes away.i could have been tired from work also. I think my muscle pump was about the same on friday but I wasn't really any vascular looking. Normally I'm super vascular, but I'll definitely. Take feeling better than looking more vascular and headache and out of breath anyday. Thank you for you insite

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you sir, for a reference I was 125 /64/100 about 20min after training on Friday after my first day. I was recommended 20 MG to start so I tried 10 just to acclimate myself to it. But yeah I'll run it for a few to see if the fatigue goes away.i could have been tired from work also. I think my muscle pump was about the same on friday but I wasn't really any vascular looking. Normally I'm super vascular, but I'll definitely. Take feeling better than looking more vascular and headache and out of breath anyday. Thank you for you insite
Telmisartan is going to prevent you from retaining sodium and electrolytes as much as normal when on AAS. Not everyone responds similarly to AAS, so not everyone will benefit from that. But if you add gear and BP instantly jacks up, it is a good option. You will find you will tolerate sodium better when using it if this is you, and you may actually need to increase your intake somewhat instead of avoiding it.

Smokey8766

Smokey8766

Awards
Telmisartan is going to prevent you from retaining sodium and electrolytes as much as normal when on AAS. Not everyone responds similarly to AAS, so not everyone will benefit from that. But if you add gear and BP instantly jacks up, it is a good option. You will find you will tolerate sodium better when using it if this is you, and you may actually need to increase your intake somewhat instead of avoiding it.
Good to know,I just so happen to drink electrolytes mixed in my water.and I limit my sodium alot.so I'll add more salt then. From what I heard it causes increased potassium tho.idk if that's a issue on a low dose or not. As of right now on 10mg telmisartan and 450t I'm 129/81/91 resting so I think it's just enough sartan. And I was 125/64/100 post work out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to know,I just so happen to drink electrolytes mixed in my water.and I limit my sodium alot.so I'll add more salt then. From what I heard it causes increased potassium tho.idk if that's a issue on a low dose or not. As of right now on 10mg telmisartan and 450t I'm 129/81/91 resting so I think it's just enough sartan. And I was 125/64/100 post work out.
It does increase potassium, but it’s generally not a problem for most people. I’ve heard Jon Jewitt say he had to have a couple clients in prep eating tons of vegetables in prep to deal with hunger to pull a couple cups out…but that is an outlier scenario. Most people struggle to eat large amounts of vegetables.

For reference, mine goes up about 0.1 - potassium is 4.5 off of it and 4.6 on 80mg, even drinking lots of extra high protein milk when bulking.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I started a low dose of telmisartan 10mg in the am. I just went up from my trt dose of 200mg cyp. To 450 so I started to add in some telmisartan felt great my weird developing headache went away plus any discomfort in my sides and the need to urinate went away way less.also I could catch my breath between sets way easier and my past few workouts were a breeze . The only thing negative I noticed was I was quite tired by the second morning. Is there anything else for a arb that anyone recommends?? @Smont @Hyde thanks guys for any insite
10mg probably isint doing anything And it should also give you more energy not less energy. I'm pretty sure there's even studies that show it boosts endurance for runners

Smokey8766

Smokey8766

Awards
10mg probably isint doing anything And it should also give you more energy not less energy. I'm pretty sure there's even studies that show it boosts endurance for runners
Yeah I feel better now I probably was tired from work on Saturday. I definitely noticed more wind during my workouts now

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I feel better now I probably was tired from work on Saturday. I definitely noticed more wind during my workouts now
Everyone i know has seemed tired and off since the clocks switched too