Team USPlabs Jimmy Robinson - Groundbreaking Off-season Log!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
20min of morning liss today and no gym time later!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I touched up on the Delts earlier today!

I did 15min of morning liss today and I'm going to get steady on these double sessions of cardio for some time now.

BB Military - 3warmup sets followed with 3work sets
• 135lbs - 12reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 8reps
• 205lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 9reps 225lbs - 8reps

Rear Delt Rope Pull
• 72lbs - 15reps
• 95lbs - 12reps
• 105lbs - 12reps
• 115lbs - 10reps

DB Military
• 80lbs - 12reps
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 100lbs - 5reps - which I was a bit mad at because my first attempt to kick them up was a fail and I wasted a good amount of energy thinking I could get it past the point where I kicked them to. I regrouped, then got them up the next try and was only able to squeeze out 5reps which I’m sure I could’ve got 8. But on the other end, to be positive about things here, I was surprised at my strength towards the middle/end of my workout on these presses.

Dips
• 45lbs - 15reps
• 90lbs - 8reps - dropset - 45lbs - 8reps - dropset - body weight - 8reps

Upright Row - used a bit of a narrow grip here
• 100lbs - 12reps
• 110lbs - 10reps
• 80lbs - 12reps - dropset - 70lbs - 6reps - dropset - 60lbs - 4reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that about wraps it up.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
The first vid I posted was just to show that I did do 2sets of 225lbs. I only did 2 because my knucklehead friend hit the wrong button and only got the last rep of the first set of 225 lol. It sucked because it showed how I'm in complete control of all 8reps and only needed that spot on the 9th rep.

Come the second set, or retake lol I was pretty burnt and got 6solid reps on my own and needed a tiny spot come the 7th and 8th rep.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMsD3CAmEw"]YouTube - last rep of 225lbs for 9reps[/nomedia] - first set, wish he got the whole thing lol

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Z5N4FkVlE"]YouTube - Second set of 225lbs for 8reps[/nomedia] - second set

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
15min of liss this morning and then shot off to take care of a quick job that needed help on.

Still looking pretty tight in the mirror at 207lbs. I'm going to tighten this weight up a bit more before I bump cals further.

I'm only 2 months into my offseason since my last show and have a long way to go! I'll reach 215lbs no problem like I was last time before I dieted down, but wont be as smooth and fat this time around at that weight. From there...I'm sure I'll be able to put on a couple more lbs since I'll be leaner, bringing me pretty close to 220lbs.

I'm in no rush to gain weight just to see the numbers go up because I want the right weight to be added. I feel I've done a pretty good job at this point and am going to keep moving forward at this pace!

I forgot to log a quick arm workout I had the other day which I'll add in here real quick.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I can’t even remember what day I did this on because the last few days have been pretty hectic lol

1arm DB Preacher Curl - 2warmup sets followed with 3worksets
• 25lbs - 12reps 35lbs - 12reps
• 45lbs - 12reps 55lbs - 10reps 65lbs - 8reps

Standing DB Hammer Curl
• 35lbs - 12reps
• 45lbs - 10reps
• 55lbs - 8reps

EZ bar curl
• 120lbs medium grip - 10reps
• 120lbs wide grip - 12reps

Cable PushDown - 2warm up sets with 2worksets - varying between close and wide grip - I always start with some sort of press down to get some good flow and warm the elbows up
• 55lbs - 12reps - close and wide grip
• 95lbs - (whatever the whole stack is) - 12reps - close and wide grip

Seated Overhead DB Press
• 105lbs - 12reps
• 110lbs - 13reps
• 120lbs - 10reps

Close Grip BB Bench Press
• 225lbs - 12reps
• 245lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and was in and out within the hour

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Got on the tread this morning for 15min of liss.

Back workout was up to bat today and I took a couple videos as well

Pullups - pausing at the bottom on some reps to really stretch out the lats
• Bodyweight - 14reps , 11reps
• 10lbs - 8reps
• Bodyweight - 8reps

BB Row - under grip pulling into the lower half of abs
• 185lbs - 10reps
• 225lbs - 10reps
• 245lbs - 8reps

Rack Deads
• 275lbs - 9reps
• 315lbs - 8reps
• 365lbs - 9reps
• 405lbs - 10reps

Seated Cable Row - wide over grip
• 180lbs - 10reps
• 220lbs - 8reps
• 200lbs - 9reps

DB Row
• 80lbs - 10reps
• 90lbs - 8reps
• 100lbs - 8reps

Vbar Pulldowns - last 2 sets with a pause in stretched position on each rep
• 160lbs - 8reps
• 140lbs - 10reps
• 120lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15mins on the tread and was glad to get out of there. It’s madness in the gym with all of the resolutionites signing up!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl0CNd-aHkE"]YouTube - 315lbs - 8reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWake0hkJBk"]YouTube - 365lbs - 9reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRiLFIElAbk"]YouTube - 405lbs - 10reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Today was chest day with another 5x5 progressive routine set up.

I warmed up as usual with shoulder rotations and some rotator cuff movements with a 10lb weight.

Decline BB - 5x5 for this movement with 3 warmup sets
• 90lbs - 15reps x 2 185lbs - 10reps
• 265lbs - 5,5,5,5,5 - handled this weight for all 5sets with no problems. It didn’t move easy towards the end nor did I struggle. This was a 10lb progression from last week because last week’s weight was a bit easy to move. Next week, or when I choose to run another 5x5 compound movement on chest day, I’ll most likely only go up 5lbs from this weight.

Smith Incline Under Grip
• 90lbs each side - 9reps
• 100lbs each side - 8reps
• 110lbs each side - 8reps

Flat Fixed HS Press - both arms move together opposed to the iso-lateral type machine
• 235lbs - 9reps
• 250lbs - 8reps
• 265lbs - 7reps
• 280lbs - 6reps

Decline Iso-lateral HS Press
• 90lbs each side - 8reps
• 115lbs each side - 8reps
• 135lbs each side - 8reps

I finished up with 20min of liss on the tread and was out of there with the quickness. Trying to move through my workouts a bit quicker because it’s only getting more and more crowded as the minutes go by.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Today was some direct trap work, calves and abs!

Started off with some BB shrugs and then on to some Smith behind the back shrugs. I kept it pretty short and simple for traps because I did those rack deads the other day.

BB Shrugs - I did about 2-3warmup sets and then moved on to some heavier weight using some body language to help get a better rom
• 135lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps 315lbs - 12reps
• 405lbs - 12reps
• 455lbs - 12reps
• 495lbs - 11reps

Smith behind the back shrugs
• 3plates each side - 15reps
• 3plates and a quarter - 12reps
• 4plates - 12reps
• 2plates - wider grip - 15reps

I moved on to calves and there’s not really much to say here.

Seated Calf Raise - 1leg at a time
• A whole bunch of sets, bunch of reps, lots of different angles and just really given it to em

Standing Calf Raise
• Only did 3sets here as heavy as the stack would allow getting roughly anywhere from 8-15reps a set

Then I shifted over to some ab work starting with hanging leg raises and doing about 4sets from 15reps down 8reps. Kneeling rope crunch working the stack heavier each set for about 3sets of 15-12reps.

Capped the workout off with 25min of liss on the tread (which is a lot for me lately) and am now ready for a bit of down time!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oq46GbA3KY"]YouTube - 455lbs x 12reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs54uGZZu_4"]YouTube - 495lbs x 11reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Jesus those are big number! :bigok: Hey what gym do you go to?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I gave up on the lighter weight and more controlled movements with BB shrugs and started stacking plates. Since than, my traps have been getting killed!

I work out at a local chain, Retro...? Around my area we had a great gym geared towards bodybuilders and that's basically where I spent all of my years lifting. Untill they went under, I signed up to the next best thing around. For 20$ a month and being able to go to any Retro around...it works for me!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
15min of liss this morning followed by a shoulder workout later on

Was going to bring my camera in today to record some lifts, but I didn’t think I was going to pull off anything worthwhile.

Last week I was going to start off with DB military presses, but I wanted to record a lift for a member on another board, so I went ahead and started off with BB presses again. I still wanted to get at those DB presses, so I threw them in as my last exercise. If you read a few posts back, you’ll see I went up to 100’s and failed on the first attempt to kick them up and was stuck in a 3/4curl fighting them up lol This burnt me out and on my second attempt (I got them up now that I remembered how tough it was to kick those heavy suckers up) only allowed me to get 5reps (which still wasn’t bad at all in my eyes due to it being my last exercise).

So with shoulders on tap for today, I was hungry to get at those DB presses first thing and see where I’m at!

DB Military Press - 3warmup sets and 3work sets
• 35lbs - 12reps 45lbs - 15reps 65lbs - 12reps
• 90lbs - 12reps
• 100lbs - 9reps, after getting set and ready to kick these up…giving myself enough time to get my head straight, they flew up no problem and pressed them out for 9reps on my own. This lit a fire and had me hungry for more. Now I wanted to see if I could take it up a notch.
• 105lbs - 7reps, knew this was obviously going to be that much heavier, especially after owning that previous set. So I took my time to recover and pull it together for this set. Picking them up from the rack and knowing I have to kick them up 90degrees kind of set the tone. I got my mind right and blasted them up to shoulder level. I got so psyched to kick them up that when they got there, I literally blanked for a split second and had to regroup. It was almost like, damn I got those up? Now it’s time to get this!!! Crushed out 5reps on my own and 2 more with a light spot, no struggle! HUGE step forward and a real benchmark in my progress! Chest pressing heavy DB’s etc is easy since you can just lay back with the DB’s or only have to kick them a quarter of the way back (if doing incline). Anyone that does DB military presses knows how tough it is to kick heavy DB’s up to shoulder level! It sucks because I can press weight no problem, but just getting those DB’s up has always limited my progress. I’ve had them placed in my hands at shoulder level at the same time and that was tough too. Going from nothing…just sitting there, to having 100lb+ DB’s dropped in your hands is kind of tough to adjust to. Big moves forward!

Rope Rear Delt Pull
• 72lbs - 15reps
• 95lbs - 15reps
• 115lbs - 12reps

Front Hammer DB Raise
• 40lbs - 12reps
• 50lbs - 10reps
• 60lbs - 7reps

Incline BB to chin - threw these in just to hit that upper chest shoulder tie-in
• 185lbs - 15reps
• 225lbs - 15reps

DB Side Laterals
• 35lbs - 10reps
• 45lbs - 8reps
• 25lbs - 15reps

Finished this ridiculous shoulder workout off with 25min of liss. I’m doing a bit more cardio then one would recommend during a “bulk” but, this is how you keep it clean and how I want to do things! Going to sit at this cal intake and play with cardio for a bit until I’m even tighter than I am. Then I will bump cals and it’ll probably come from a couple burgers from burger king or something to really help pack the cals on lol

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Didn't have a workout planned for today and wanted to get back in tomorrow. I may regret the move a tad because were supposed to get slammed by 2 different storms at once. So I may not be able to get out at all tomorrow so we'll have to see what happens. Oh well...2 days off isn't going to hurt ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Well it felt good to get back in the gym today after having 2 days off. Was a little down on the strength end because my off days are low/med carb and I have a small minor head cold. No bother though as it was time to get the ball rolling again!

I was going to start things up with a back workout today, but decided to hit chest instead and back tomorrow! I’d like to be stronger on chest opposed to back, usually leading me to hit back (or whatever body part) first to get everything moving again (after day/s off) and lots of carbs back in me before hitting chest. Guess I was just a bit anxious to hit chest first ;)

No sets were brought to failure so there was no spot on anything.

Decline BB - did about 3 warmup sets then moved into progressive sets - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
• 135lbs - 15reps 155lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 12reps
• 225lbs - 12reps 275lbs x 2 - 7reps each set

My chest was on fire after this exercise alone with that full lockout and ridiculous squeezing! Really takes a lot out of your overall strength too huh ;) Normally I keep the tut protocol with a piston style fashion of lifting, so this was a nice change to really get that blood in there!

Incline Smith reverse grip
• 90lbs each side - 10reps
• 100lbs each side - 8reps
• 110lbs each side - 7reps

PecDec - repped this out like crazy to really stretch things out and help push even more blood into the muscle
• 190lbs - 25reps
• 220lbs - 20reps
• 250lbs - 15reps

Close Grip DB Press - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
• 60lbs - 15reps
• 80lbs - 10reps
• 95lbs - 8reps

Decline Iso HS - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
• 135lbs each side - 9reps
• 170lbs each side - 7reps drop set 90lbs each side - 8reps

I got right out of there after I was finished up blasting my chest. Normally my workouts may be followed by cardio but, since I was feeling a little drowsy I decided to just get home and eat!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
it looks like I got some reading to do!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
lol just lots of numbers...few other things here and there

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
A pivotal point in my career :)

The last week or two I’ve been noticing some changes in the mirror as well as many others picking up on my progress. I’ve been feeling like a beast lately and have just been ripping it up in the gym! Non-stop eating clean, lots of food, crushing weight, plenty of days off from the gym with lots of sleep, recovery is top notch, just totally on point.

Like I’ve mentioned throughout my log, I’ve “never” had a progressive off-season. It always included missed meals, lack of sleep and not the cleanest sources of food. I would still tare it up in the gym, eat a ton and gain some new muscle, but it came with a lot of fat and my gains weren’t as good as they obviously could be.

When it comes time to diet down for a show, I never miss a meal, eat 100% clean and am firing on all cylinders. So the vast difference from one to another creates such an anabolic environment (for the first month or so until cals get pretty low) and even though I’m eating less cals, I have all my T’s crossed and I’s dotted that I actually grow a bit for the first few weeks.

Getting my butt in gear and ready to make some serious moves forward, I kept this same dedication, discipline and focus I own throughout when I diet down for a show and carried it right into my offseason. I’ve made leaps and bounds in my progress and I’m nowhere near done yet. Just to give you an idea of where my head is at, since my show in October (well heck, even all throughout the time I was dieting for that show) I haven’t missed a single meal a day consisting of either 6 or 7 meals. I haven’t stepped too far outside the lines (cheating on my diet like crazy) without regaining control, never missing a beat, just killing it on all levels. My body has literally been in an anabolic state from the second I wake up till I lay down for bed, 7days a week, for the past few months, constantly just pushing and pushing waiting for it to break!

The reason I’m mentioning all of this (besides the fact that I’m totally thrilled and so happy for myself) is that I think my body has finally given up and broken into the next stage of growth! With all of the reasons mentioned above, the body has to eventually break.

Those of us that have been going at this for a long time know that “the next level” doesn’t come easy! You have to really bust your butt and work extremely hard to take a physique that has been broken down so many times and adapted each time to take that level of abuse and some, to then reach a level able to break it yet again!

We all know that when the threshold is broken, new gains will follow. Given how “on point” I am and will continue to be, I can’t wait to see how far this spurt goes (especially having everything at 100%) till things level out, then leaving me to fight yet another battle!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
In complete beast mode, I couldn’t wait to blast my back! Definitely one of my favorite body parts to train.

So yesterday’s workout went a little something like this:

Pullups
• Body weight - 15reps, 12reps
• 10lbs - 10reps
• 15lbs - 10reps w/a light spot

BB Row - under grip and pulling into the lower half of abs
• 205lbs - 12reps
• 245lbs - 9reps
• 265lsb - 7reps with a tiny bit of body language on the last 2 or 3reps

Rack Deads
• 315lbs - 10reps
• 405lbs - 10reps
• 425lbs - 9reps
• 435lbs - 8reps

Seated Cable Rope Row - squeezing the heck out of each rep on the first 2 sets
• 100lbs - 12reps
• 120lbs - 8reps
• 180lbs - 10reps

DB Row
• 95lbs - 10reps
• 105lbs - 9reps
• 115lbs - 7reps

Pulldowns to the front - just 2 quick sets to stretch things out a bit
• 120lbs - 12reps
• 140lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover
• 90lbs - 9reps
• 100lbs - 8reps
• 115lbs - 7reps

That would conclude one super smash session for back, followed by 25min of liss on the tread. I’ll be taking off tomorrow and hitting the gym again on Sunday, possibly Monday as well. Not sure what I’ll be training yet as I have to look things over to see what I feel comfortable with filling in the blank.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I took yesterday off from the gym to give my lower back another day to recover so I could squat without it being on fire. So, I wake up and my back was still a bit sore today. I didn’t want to take another day off from the gym, nor did I want to hit upper body again, so I sucked it up and off I went to hit legs.

Had a specific workout lined up and ready to be played out, but when I got to the gym it was extremely packed and I was a little pressed for time. So instead of waiting forever for each machine to open up, I changed things up and set up shop on the Smith machine and just squatted away doing a 10x10 routine.

If some of you have been following along, or not…you may know that I’m taking a step back on my leg training to let my upper body catch up a bit. I’ve been hitting legs say once every 2weeks or a little longer. So that stamina it takes to grind through a tough leg workout isn’t really all there. It may be time to turn things back up again?

Smith Squats - 3warm up sets followed by 10sets of 10reps - BRUTAL!
• 45lbs each side - 15reps 70lbs each side - 15reps 90lbs each side - 12reps
• 3plates each side - 10sets of 10reps - no breaks in between reps - just deep squatting in a piston type fashion. This got really tough towards the last 4sets. Had me really working for those last few reps!

Seated Hamstring Curl - 3sets each leg 15-12reps each set

No cardio afterwards and I was out of there pretty quick. My legs still feel like they got a good deal of work, but to pick things back up I’ll be hitting legs again sooner than 2weeks.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
WOW those are big number! Keep up the good work bro!!!! How come you do tread for cardio?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
For low intensity...it seems to get my heart rate to where I want it the easiest without killing me.

I do my hiit sessions on the recumbent bike and bring in the stepper when it's time to diet down.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Off today and an arm workout up to bat tomorrow!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
yeeaaaaaaaah buddy!

Quick, hard and heavy arm workout in the books!

Got into the gym at prime time unfortunately and it was ridicuously packed!

Warmed up just a little bit and jumped right into things.

Started off with Preacher DB Curls 1 arm at a time
25lbs - 15reps
35lbs - 15reps
45lbs - 10reps
60lbs - 9reps
70lbs - 8reps but with a spot out of the hole on pretty much each rep

For a change, I went and did ez bar curls next with a wide grip
85lbs - 15reps
105lbs - 12reps
115lbs - 10reps

Moved on to tricep pushdowns alternating between a close and wide grip each set
half the stack for reps
3/4 the stack for reps
then just racked the stack for 2sets of both close and wide grip

Overhead DB extension
95lbs - 13reps
105lbs - 12reps
110lbs - 9reps

Close Grip BB Press
225lbs x 3 - 12,10,10reps

Shot over to the treadmill for some cardio action. Did 15min of liss and that was that.

Took today off and will be in the gym tomorrow for back, followed by chest on saturday!! Stay tuned ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Pullups
• Body weight - 16reps, 13reps
• 10lbs - 10reps

BB Row - under grip pulling low
• 225lbs - 11reps
• 265lbs - 9reps
• 286lbs - 9reps - I hit this set after a nice rest to gain some good strength back after my second set. Small amount of body language towards the very end but, nothing too drastic.

Rack Deads - changed things up a bit here
• 315lbs - 20reps
• 275lbs - 20reps
• 225lbs - 20reps

DB Row
• 55lbs - 8reps - completely extended stretch at the bottom, with a 3second squeeze at the top. As light of a weight this was, the way I did them really made the muscle work!
• 100lbs - 9reps
• 110lbs - 7reps

Pulldowns to the front super setted with a cable rope push down type movement to hit the serratus
• 120lbs - 11reps ss 42lbs - 15reps
• 120lbs - 10reps ss 50lbs - 13reps
• 100lbs - 9reps ss 57lbs - 10reps

Hypers - 2 quick sets because I haven’t done them in a while
• Body weight - 20reps
• 25lbs - 12reps

Finishing things up with 15min of liss on the tread, today called for 25g of whey post wo…so I shot that back and off I went to enjoy the rest of the day.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I was charged up and ready to go for a killer chest session today. Only thing is on certain days I can only get 1 meal in before my workout so, it definitely has been taking a toll on my strength as I’ve been noticing. Still making it happen but, I normally like to get at least 2 meals in before a workout for that extra energy.

Today was a hypertrophy approach to my training session

Incline Smith - under grip
• 45lbs on each side - 15reps 55lbs each side - 12reps 70lbs each side - 11reps
• 90lbs each side - 10reps 110lbs each side - 9reps
• 120lbs each side - 5reps - drop set - 90lbs each side - 5reps, this set was to failure

Flat DB Press - all with a second or two pause at the bottom
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 100lbs - 9reps
• 110lbs - 8reps

Decline HS machine
• 135lbs each side - 10reps
• 160lbs each side - 8reps
• 180lbs - 6reps - drop set - 135lbs - 4reps, this set was to failure

Top Cable Flye - very slow reps with full contraction at bottom portion of rep
• 22lbs - 12reps
• 32lbs - 14reps
• 37lbs - 12reps
• 42lbs - 8reps

No cardio after today’s workout and just got right into my post wo supps, followed by my monster post wo meal! So stuffed…

willib

Awards
  • Established
have you tried yok3d yet and if so,any info? i have usplabs products in my cabinet now and and for the past four years.prime is my fav.,but also have modern bcaa's,,pink,recreate,out of ap and jk3d currently.good products and jacob gives some really good bargains.workout info was good.thanks

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
have you tried yok3d yet and if so,any info? i have usplabs products in my cabinet now and and for the past four years.prime is my fav.,but also have modern bcaa's,,pink,recreate,out of ap and jk3d currently.good products and jacob gives some really good bargains.workout info was good.thanks
Hey willib, thanks for stopping by. I have not tried yok3d yet and look forward to getting my hands on it. There is plenty of info here:
http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/yok3d-phase-2-beta-testing/

Sounds like you have quite the collection of USPlabs products. Makes sense though as they put out such quality supplements.

Glad you found some of my workout information useful ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
After getting my butt kicked during my last leg session, I’ve decided to get back to working them more often than I was. Like I mentioned earlier, I cut back on how often I worked legs to let my upper body catch up a bit. Time to get the wheels spinning again! I mixed things up by doing quads and hams from exercise to exercise opposed to doing all quads then hams.

BB Squat
• 135lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps
• 275lbs - 12reps 315lbs - 12reps 275lbs - 12reps

Laying Ham Curl - don’t remember the weight here as I’m not tracking my leg workouts at the moment. So there will be a few things I can’t pinpoint weight on.
• 4sets - 15reps, 13reps, 11reps, 9reps,

BB SLDL
• 185lbs - 15reps
• 225lbs - 12reps
• 275lbs - 9reps

Quad Extension
• 4sets - 15reps, 12reps, 10reps, 8reps with a few forced reps towards the end

Adductor Machine
• 4sets - 20reps, 20reps, 15reps, 15reps

Didn’t do any post wo cardio so my legs can have the chance to breathe and get on the road to recovery I have a shoulder workout lined up for tomorrow and as always I’m ready to get it in!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I woke up this morning and knocked out 20min of liss on the tread. Had some shoveling to take care of outside after breakfast, then got things ready for my shoulder workout later on. Recorded 2 vids that I’ll throw up just to see what’s going on in the gym ;)

DB Military
• 45lbs - 15reps 55lbs - 12reps 65lbs - 9reps
• 95lbs - 13reps - recorded - I decided to up the reps on this set because I didn’t think I was going to go any heavier. Figured what the heck and went back to what I did the other week to keep that confidence level there kicking those big db’s up
• 105lbs - 8reps

Rear PecDec
• 115lbs - 15reps
• 145lbs - 12reps
• 160lbs - 10reps

Incline BB Press
• 225lbs - 12reps
• 205lbs - 12reps
• 185lbs - 13reps

DB Hammer Raise
• 35lbs - 12reps
• 40lbs - 10reps
• 45lbs - 8reps

Upright Rows
• 90lbs - 12reps
• 100lbs - 15reps - recorded just for the heck of it, nothing special with this lift
• 110lbs - 10reps drop set 80lbs - 4reps

Finished the workout off with another 20min of liss on the tread and here I am now ha

I may drop cals soon just a tad and ride that out for a little bit. I want to toy around with things and see if I can continue to go up in strength while nipping away at a little more bodyfat by dropping cals. I’m sitting at 208.4 this morning and holding rather well I feel. So we’ll see what I decide to do in the next week or so and take it from there!

YouTube - DB Military - 95lbs x 13reps

YouTube - Upright Row - 100lbs x 15reps

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Blasted through a nice and heavy back session, making sure form was never compromised as I was moving up in weight!

Pullups
• body weight - 17reps, 14reps, 10reps

BB Row
• 245lbs - 10reps
• 285lbs - 8reps
• 225lbs - 11reps

Rack Deads
• 315lbs - 11reps
• 405lbs - 10reps
• 445lbs - 9reps

DB Row
• 105lbs - 10reps
• 115lbs - 8reps

DB Pullover
• 105lbs - 8reps
• 95lbs - 10reps

Pulldown to front - slow reps to stretch everything out
• 120lbs - 12reps
• 100lbs - 14reps

Had to get out pretty quick as it was getting quite late, so I didn’t do any cardio afterwards. I have a quick chest session up to bat today and as always...I'm ready to get the job done!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been staying with my hypertrophy setup for chest day as of lately since doing just as I planned has been working. Doing the DC and 5x5 style workouts mixed in here and there to bring my strength up and now I’m carrying that over into my growth workouts.

Next workout will be a high rep, blood volume type workout to help flush out any waste as I haven’t did that in some time.

Flat DB
• 45lbs - 20reps 60lbs - 12reps 70lbs - 10reps…all quick rep warmup sets
• 100lbs - 10reps - nice stretch and pause at the bottom, controlled reps
• 110lbs - 11reps - just short of failure
• 120lbs - 9reps - small spot on this set only on the last 2 or 3 reps, but still not to failure

Incline HS - haven’t done this forever and I wanted to bring something new in today
• 3plates and a quarter each side - 11reps
• 4plates each side - 8reps
• 4plates and a quarter each side - 8reps - light spot on a couple reps and took this to failure

Flat Fixed Press
• 205lbs - 10reps
• 235lbs - 9reps
• 250lbs - 8reps, failure here…really working for that last rep with no spot

Close Grip DB Press
• 85lbs - 10reps
• 75lbs - 11reps
• 65lbs - 12reps

Didn’t finish this workout off with cardio as well as I was a little pressed for time. *I’ve dropped my cals by just under 200 and mostly from carbs on my workout days. Pulled roughly 80 or so out on my non workout days from carbs but upped the protein a bit. Verdict is I’ve been tagging in each morning lighter and lighter for the past 3days since doing this AND going up in strength. Exactly what I’m aiming for and will stick at this point for a little bit and then possibly drop cals a tiny bit more. I’m not looking to diet down or anything but, I’m looking for that sweet spot where I can continue to grow on minimal cals to help keep body fat in check even further. So I’m sitting at roughly 3700 cals on workout days and just under on non-workout days. I’ll keep at this like I said and just basically go from there and adjust as needed!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Leg day…yeah buddy!

I wanted to switch things up a little and squat in the smith machine today. Even though with legs for some reason I could do the same exercises, over and over and they’ll continue to grow <shrugs> The exercises are just so darn taxing I guess the body never really adjusts (for me at least).

Smith Squats
• 45plate each side - 15reps 70lbs each side - 15reps 90lbs each side - 12reps
• 3plates each side - 15reps, then took a nice 3-5minute break to catch my breath and be able to give my next set all that I have. It’s been a long time since I got under more than 3plates so, what better day then today to start right? ;)
• 3plates and a quarter each side - 10reps, spot on me but didn’t help at all on any reps. I was a bit surprised that I was still able to steam through this kind of weight without touching it for a long time. Oh yeah and were talking parallel or just below, non-stop movement rep to rep. None of that catching your breath stuff between reps. It’s all about that tut!!!
• 4plates each side - 8reps, really digging deep for each rep as I was pretty damn tired at this point. Spot on me without doing to much on any rep except maybe the last few! I figured if I tagged the previous set for what I did, maybe it’s time to start getting at those 4plates again! Just sucks that I’m not able to go this heavy safely in the squat rack we have. 1perc to high, 1perch to low…I’ll pass risking injury!

1leg lunges on a HS machine we have
• 3sets working my way down the rack to 210lbs for 13reps. Started at 20reps and kept moving the pin and getting less reps each set. Nothing to failure here…

1leg extensions
• Same deal here as on the previous exercise. 3sets working my way down the rack to a lesser finishing weight though. Couldn’t handle as much with 1leg at this point, especially on extensions! 15, 12, 8reps

Seated Ham Curls
• Ran through the rack doing about 5sets working all the way down from 20reps a set to about 12reps with a little spot at the bottom of the movement.

SLDL - been doing these lately on the smith machine because I kind of like the tension it keeps on the muscle
• 2plates each side for 2sets - 15reps and 12reps
• 1plate each side, taking each rep nice and slow for 12reps

Didn’t do any cardio afterwards and I’m taking the day off from the gym tomorrow

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday I went ahead and did 4yok3d about 1.5hours before my wo with my pre-wo meal. I usually eat about an hour beforehand and yok3d wants roughly 2hours dosing with meal before a workout, so I tried meeting it in the middle. I trained chest with a blood volume high rep approach as I haven’t did this type of workout in some time. I think it was exactly what I needed to mix it up from my other chest workouts as my chest is still ridiculously pumped. Yes…the next day it still is! I feel yok3d played a big role in this because throughout my workout I was “extremely” pumped (way more than normal) and you could even see the surface of my skin in my arms, shoulders and chest were a bit red. Ridiculous stuff and the NO market is in for a real threat!

Flat DB Fly - went kind of heavy here since it was my first exercise. I wanted to change it up from the typical press first I always do, so I figured I’d reap the benefits and go a bit heavier than planned for the “high rep day”.
• 25lbs - 10reps 45lbs - 12reps
• 60lbs - 12reps 70lbs - 10reps
• 80lbs - 6reps

Flat BB Press
• 225lbs - 14reps
• 205lbs - 15reps
• 185lbs - 17reps

Flat Fixed HS Press
• 160lbs - 18reps
• 190lbs - 15reps
• 205lbs - 13reps

PecDec
• 145lbs - 15reps
• 130lbs - 16reps
• 160lbs - 14reps

Pushups
• 30reps, 30reps, 31reps

I then hopped on the tread for 15min of liss afterwards while I reaped the benefits of an extremely pumped chest. I just couldn’t get over how swollen my chest was…I couldn’t stop feeling it lol Yok3d is the real deal, there’s no doubt about that! Can’t wait to see this hit the shelves and destroy the competition.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I want to try yok3d sooo bad! You got some heavy lifts bud. You taking pm and prime right now too?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah yok3d is definitely by far the best NO product I've tried. Hands down!

Did you sign up to the inner circle?

No prime or pm at the moment...just about everthing else from USP though. Going to wait till I feel things balance out a bit then bring in the big guns!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Well yesterday I hit back and have progressing nicely from workout to workout. For the longest time I’ve haven’t kept pullups in my routine and wanted to now keep them as a staple in my routine. They are an excellent exercise for back width in which is something I’m looking to add a bit more of. More back width gives a little more room for back thickness ;) It’s been time to bring everything up and I’ve been doing what I got to do to get the job done!

Pullups
• Body weight - 18reps, 13reps, 13reps - no additional weight attached, just really trying to focus on working the muscle hard

BB Row - took an under grip this workout and pulled a bit lower than normal
• 225lbs - 12reps
• 265lbs - 12reps
• 285lbs - 10reps
• 315lbs - 6solid reps and stopped there because I didn’t want to sacrifice the connection

Seated HS Row
• 90lbs each side - 12reps
• 135lbs each side - 10reps
• 160lbs each side - 10reps
• 180lbs each side - 8reps

DB Pullover
• 85lbs - 9reps
• 95lbs - 8reps
• Rope Straight Arm Pulldown - 2sets - 50lbs - 15reps 65lbs - 12reps

Low Pulley Row
• 30lbs - 10reps
• 42lbs - 10reps
• 57lbs - 12reps

Finished the workout off with 15min of liss on the tread and it was a wrap!
I’ve recently readjusted my daily meal plan down to 6meals from 7 due to time restrictions. Meals are a bit more filling now as I’m able to spread those cals throughout each meal. It seems to be a nice change for my body as I’ve taken on a bit fuller of a look since then. I will ride this out for a bit and continue to take things as they go and adjust as needed. Next up will most likely be an addition of say 100-200cals from fat or half pro from whey and half fat.

Tomorrow I’ll be hitting legs and look forward to getting the wheels rolling!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Yeah yok3d is definitely by far the best NO product I've tried. Hands down!

Did you sign up to the inner circle?

No prime or pm at the moment...just about everthing else from USP though. Going to wait till I feel things balance out a bit then bring in the big guns!
Yeah I am a part of inner circle but I had purchased couple of supplements, lost my check, and valentine's day is coming up :( I really wanted to try it but seems like I just ran into a lot of bad lucks :(

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Yok3d I'm sure is here to stay, so once it hits the shelves you'll have your shot at it ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
My leg workout yesterday went over pretty good. I was able to get in the gym pretty early, so I was able to get in a solid session. Legs are crazy sore today and I’ll be blasting the delts right after work tomorrow!

Smith Squats - placed my feet a little forward and took each rep down as deep as I could - paused at the bottom for about 2 or 3 seconds and then drove hard through each rep - talk about exhausting
• 45lbs each side - 15reps
• 70lbs each side - 12reps
• 135lbs each side - 12reps, this set was painful to say the least

Lunge Machine
4sets - 15reps each set, progressing in weight, digging deep on each rep with no pausing on any rep

Quad Extension
• 3set - 20reps each set, only jumped 1stack in weight and was just going for burning the muscle out

Seated Ham Curls
• 4sets - 20,15,12,10reps - working my way down the stack each set

Standing Ham Curl - unfortunately have to do this with a pulley at the bottom of a cable station
• 4sets, 20 to 15reps each set, working from 20-30lbs on the stack

DB SLDL
• 65lbs - 12reps
• 75lbs - 12reps
• 85lbs - 10reps
• 95lbs - 9reps

Finished the workout off there and didn’t do any cardio afterwards. Not going in to the gym today and can’t wait to just relax after work!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
My shoulder workout yesterday went through pretty quick which I was happy about.

DB Military
• 40lbs - 20reps 55lbs - 10reps 70lbs - 10reps
• 100lbs - 9reps
• 105lbs - 8reps w/ a little spot up and then on the last few reps

Rear DB Lateral
• 25lbs - 15reps
• 35lbs - 13reps
• 20lbs - 20reps

Side Lateral Machine
• 90lbs - 17reps
• 130lbs - 13reps
• 170lbs - 12reps

DB Side lateral
• 30lbs - 12reps
• 25lbs - 15reps
• 20lbs - 15reps

I didn’t do any cardio after this workout which isn’t that big of a deal. I was a bit short on time as I got out of work a little later than expected.

I took a quick look at things and I’m most likely going to take off from the gym today and get a Chest session in on Sunday. I normally don’t tag shoulders and chest this close together but, things just fell where they did this week. I also attached a photo of my front relaxed I took real quick to show where I am at this point. The quality would be much better if I used my digital but, it’s just so much easier and quicker to snap a quick pic from my phone ;)

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I decided to do a 5x5 (custom) style Chest workout on Saturday and may continue with this style for a another week or 2.

BB Decline
• 135lbs - 18reps 155lbs - 15reps 180lbs - 10reps
• 275lbs - 5,5,5,5,8 - when I get into the heavier weight for my first set or 2, it feel like it’s the perfect weight and going to work as planned. Instead of the last set or 2 getting harder and working for that last rep or 2, I’m able to push out several more lol, weird stuff

Low Incline DB Press - no spot on any of these sets, I felt really strong here even from not doing these for some time
• 75lbs - 10reps
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 105lbs - 8reps
• 110lbs - 8reps

Top Cables
• 32lbs - 15reps
• 37lbs - 13reps
• 42lbs - 9reps
• 32lbs - 15reps

Flat Fixed Press
• 205lbs - 12erps
• 250lbs - 9reps
• 265lbs - 9reps

DB Pullover - just as a finisher to help stretch things out a bit
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 105lbs - 8reps

I finished the workout off with 15min of liss cardio on the tread. Man I am loving Yok3d…more than anything how ridiculously pumped you get. I don’t love it just because of sick pumps but…flushing the muscle with so much blood is ultimately going to help stretch the fascia and allow more room for more growth to occur.

Such a great product and as always am so pleased with yet another (imo) breakthrough supplement of the year!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I hit back yesterday and I feel I went just a bit to far and could of gone without one of these exercises. Although I got a ridiculous workout in, I just felt like I was there for a bit too long. My lower back and erectors are so sore today because I threw rack deads in this workout and didn’t do them for a week or 2. I also switched out pullups for some heavier pulldowns. I’ve found over the years that I was wasting a lot of time racking the stack and heave hoeing the weight to complete reps. I now slow everything down and really like to feel the muscle working without compromising form for weight.

Pulldowns
• 100lbs - 15reps 120lbs - 10reps
• 180lbs - 10reps
• 200lbs - 10reps
• 160lbs - 11reps

BB Row
• 275lbs - 8reps
• 295lbs - 9reps
• 315lbs - 6reps drop set 225lbs - 6reps

Rack Deads
• 315lbs - 12reps
• 405lbs - 9reps
• 455lbs - 6reps - failed attempt here (if to call it that) because I had plenty of gas left in the tank but something screwed up with my wrap (been using wraps for heavier lifts now opposed to over under grip) and the bar started to slip. I reset…caught my breathe after some time and banged out 455 for 8solid reps on my second go. So those back to back heavy sets took a huge tole on me and I didn’t really account for that towards the end of my workout when I should of called it quits.

TBar Row - haven’t done these in a while and could of chose a better day lol my lower back was tingling after hitting those deads. Either way, rested as needed and carried on pausing for about 2secs at the top of each rep. Slow controlled movements squeezing hard at the top!
• 3plates - 10reps
• 4plates - 10reps
• 4plates and a quarter - 8reps
• 4plates - 9reps

High HS Row - man I haven’t done this in a really long time so I decided to throw it in since I was looking for some change. It really showed in my weight haha
• 70lbs - 8reps
• 80lbs - 8reps
• 60lbs - 8reps

Hypers
• Body weight - 20reps
• 25lbs - 13reps
• 35lbs - 10reps

Filled up on some water then hopped on the tread for 15min of liss. Spent a little more time then I would have liked there but, nothing I can do about it now.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I hit shoulders yesterday by themselves and switched it back up to BB military for this particular workout. I was starting to get into a nice groove and progression with DB’s but, just felt the need to switch it up. Always feels a bit awkward and am a bit weak when I get back to BB military after some time away from it, so I eased back in. Still got 2plates for some reps though so, wasn’t that far off.

BB Military
• 135lbs - 12reps
• 145lbs - 10reps
• 185lbs - 10reps
• 195lbs - 9reps
• 225lbs - 7reps

Upright Row - cable
• 80lbs - 14reps
• 95lbs - 11reps
• 105lbs - 9reps dropset 65lbs - 5reps

Reverse PecDec - 2sets here for rear delts and with DB’s
• 130lbs - 15reps
• 160lbs - 12reps

Rear DB
• 30lbs - 15reps
• 35lbs - 12reps

Lateral Raise - cables
• 15lbs - 15reps
• 20lbs - 12reps
• 15lbs x 2 - 15reps

Didn’t do any cardio after this workout and took off from the gym today. I’m kind of taking it as it goes as far as the gym for tomorrow because I may go snowboarding. So we’ll see what happens…

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
2/20 Sunday
15min morning liss and I love taking oep beforehand. I heat up so nicely and start sweating only about 6min into the session. That extra energy needed in the morning when I’m tired is always a great jumpstart to my day as well!

I pulled off another 5x5 style chest workout yesterday. I’m progressing nicely on strength in my chest workouts which is exactly what I’m after. Each workout I’m progressing either in weight or starting the next exercise at a heavier mark than the previous week and matching reps give or take.

Decline BB - 5x5style
• 135lbs - 15reps 155lbs - 14reps 185lbs - 12reps
• 275lbs - 5,5,5,5,6reps

Flat DB Press
• 90lbs - 9reps
• 110lbs - 8reps
• 115lbs - 8reps, small spot on the last 2 or so

Flat Fixed Press
• 235lbs - 10reps
• 250lbs - 8reps
• 265lbs - 5reps drop 205lbs - 5reps drop 145lbs - 6reps

PecDec
• 175lbs - 10reps
• 190lbs - 8reps
• 205lbs - 7reps

Top Cables
• 27lbs - 16reps
• 32lbs - 14reps

Would like to give a special thanks to Yok3d for keeping my chest stuffed for several hours after my workout ;)

I didn’t do any cardio afterwards and went about enjoying the rest of my day off! Had a great leg sesh today and man am I beat! Have a nice day off from the gym lined up for tomorrow and that’s about all that’s going on here.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
15min of liss yesterday morning before my leg workout! I love how morning cardio in the off-season kind of sets the pace for the rest of the day! During prep, morning cardio is kind of frowned upon but, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Smith Front Squats - swapped these in for regular back squats this week
• 55lbs - 15reps
• 70lbs - 15reps
• 80lbs - 12reps
• 90lbs - 15reps

Machine Lunge
• 190lbs - 15reps
• 210lbs - 15reps
• 230lbs - 15reps
• 245lbs - 12reps

Quad Extension
• 4sets moving down the rack - each set was 20reps, except the last which was a drop set until I got to 20

Seated Ham Curl
• Same fashion as the quad curls - 4sets moving down the rack - each set was 20reps, except the last which was a drop set until I got to 20

Standing Ham Curl
• Same scenario here as above - just stayed within 15 and 20lbs working all different kind of angles

SLDL
• 135lbs - 12reps
• 170lbs - 12reps
• 225lbs - 12reps

I didn’t do any cardio after this workout. No gym time for me today, but will be in there tomorrow pounding away at my back! Chest is nice and sore...growing slowly but surely.

Steady clipping away one day at a time as this journey continues…

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
20min of morning liss to start the day off yesterday! Feel great from that jump start OEP gives me 

Right when I got off the tread, I popped 2 Anabolic Pump and roughly 20mins later ate breakfast.

Later on in the day yesterday I hit back and man am I feeling it today. I realized I haven’t done actual “bent” over rows in so long. I’m talking practically parallel and thought what better of a time to start. I also cut my workout volume back by an exercise or 2 from my last workout. If you read you would know I felt way overtrained and chalked it up to simply hitting way to many sets.

Pullups
• Body weight - 19reps, 14reps, 10reps - very strict reps and slow controlled negs with a 1second pause at full stretched position - very tough stuff for me

BB Row - parallel -overhand grip
• 135lbs - 12reps
• 185lbs - 10reps
• 205lbs - 9reps

Rack Deads - slowly adding weight each workout to this - might stop there or a couple pounds heavier and stay at that weight till I can own it
• 315lbs - 10reps
• 415lbs - 9reps
• 465lbs - 6reps

DB Row
• 100lbs - 11reps
• 110lbs - 10reps
• 120lbs - 9reps

Low Pulley Row - a movement I like to keep light and really squeeze out, but I think it’s time to start moving the weights up here
• 57lbs - 11reps
• 65lbs - 10reps
• 72lbs - 9reps

I didn’t do any cardio after this workout. I threw back my serving of whey which I’ve now incorporated into my daily cals, half way on the way home popped 1 p-slin and by the time I was done preparing and cooking, 15-20min later I was eating!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was a shoulder workout and no morning cardio. Woke up and took my 2 ap before breakfast as usual, then went to work. Shot to the gym right after and started sculpting ;)

DB Military - I've just been killing it on these DB presses lately
• 45lbs - 14reps 55lbs - 11reps 70lbs - 9reps
• Bumped up 5lbs for my first heavy set to 105lbs and got that for 9reps
• Went for the 110’s since I’m going to keep pushing while I can and hit those for 6reps w/ a little spot

Cable Side Lateral
• 15lbs - 17reps
• 15lbs - 14reps
• 20lbs - 10reps
• 10lbs - 25reps

Reverse Cables
• 12lbs - 25reps
• 22lbs - 16reps
• 27lbs - 12reps
• 32lbs - 12reps

Shoulder Fly
• 25lbs - 12reps
• 30lbs - 10reps

At this point I was feeling if I should move on to another exercise, so I give myself a 2min break and evaluate. Decided to cut it at that point and got on the tread for 15min of liss. Taking today off from the gym today and I’ll be in there tomorrow most likely for a Chest workout!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was a chest workout and I didn’t do any morning cardio today. I’ll save that for tomorrow and the following morning. Woke up and took my 2 ap before breakfast as usual, then about a half hour later popped 4 yok3d and got to the gym about an hour later. I took 2 powerfull and 1 recreate pretty much when I was pulling up to the gym. My dose timing may seem off to some, but by the time I change, get to the gym, get my locker set, warmup and finally get ready to dig into my first set, all of my supps fall into the required dosing timelines.

Went with a hypertrophy style, press/stretch workout and a bit more volume

Flat BB - went with a more narrow grip than usual to change it up a bit - definitely made it a bit harder to press heavier weight
• 135lbs - 12reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 9reps
• 265lbs - 10reps
• 245lbs - 10reps
• 255lbs - 8reps
• 285lbs - 6reps w/light spot on last 2

PecDec
• 190lbs - 11reps
• 220lbs - 8reps
• 235lbs - 7reps dropset 190lbs - 3reps

Low Incline DB
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 100lbs - 8reps
• 105lbs - 8reps

Mid Cables
• 22lbs - 15reps
• 32lbs - 12reps
• 37lbs - 12reps

Flat Fixed Press
• 250lbs - 8reps
• 205lbs - 10reps

I didn’t do any cardio after this workout and took the day off today to recoop. Will be in the gym tomorrow smashing the legs and will go from there!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I woke up and did 15min of morning liss before my leg session later on in the day. My workout days fell a little on top of each other and I was forced to hit 2 big body parts back to back. I normally like to split demanding workouts by a day or 2 at least but, to keep everything in line…it won’t work out that way this week.

Smith Front Squats
• 55lbs - 12reps
• 70lbs - 12reps
• 90lbs - 12reps
• 105lbs - 10reps

Incline Leg Press
• 7 45lb plates - 15reps
• 9 45lbs plates - 15reps
• 11 45lbs plates - 11reps

Quad Extension
• 5sets starting at about 20reps and working down to 12reps minimum - moving the stack each set and as things got heavier, took a little longer break between sets to be able to perform for allotted reps on the next set

DB SLDL
• 75lbs - 12reps
• 85lbs - 12reps
• 95lbs - 10reps

Laying Leg Curl
• 3sets working down to 10reps on my last set and moving the stack 2clips at a time

I didn’t do any cardio afterwards and am going to look to sneak some more ham work in on another workout. Will be hitting back tomorrow and man is my body going to need a break! I’m going to also hit the tread again tomorrow morning for 15min liss…

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I did 20min of liss this morning (3/2 Wed) to help the legs recover a bit etc…

So a little change of pace was in order for my back workout yesterday. I didn’t want to get into any heavy pulling because my legs are pretty darn sore from the day before. Just thinking on the fly and trying to not overwork anything. Threw a new exercise in there as well that I’ve shyed away from forever since it would always pull me forward (which it oddly didn’t at all this time, so you may see more if those move going down), lowered the volume again and kept the pace of the workout moving a lot faster (opposed to having to take longer breaks in between those heavy ass sets on rack deads).

Pulldown - took an under grip just about shoulder width - no heave hoeing except on last two reps of my heaviest set - always keep my pulldowns under total control with a full rom touching the bar to my chest and squeezing for a second
• 100lbs - 12reps 120lbs - 9reps
• 160lbs - 10reps
• 200lbs - 8reps
• 180lbs - 10reps

Bent BB Row - completely parallel again
• 185lbs - 10reps
• 205lbs - 10reps
• 225lbs - 8reps

TBar Row Machine - this was something that I haven’t done forever and think I”ll be doing more of it. It usually pulls me forward since the weight (plate loaded) is kind of far out forward, so you have to really brace yourself and get situated perfectly on the platform so it doesn’t pull you off. It has 3different grips from a neutral, medium overhand and a wider slightly angled grip. I took the last grip choice this workout!
• 2 45lb plates - 12reps
• 135lbs - 11reps
• 180lbs - 10reps
• 205lbs - 8reps

Cable Pullover/Pushdown superset with Pulldowns to the front
• 50lbs 15reps ss 100lbs -12reps
• 65lbs - 12reps ss 120lbs - 10reps
• 67lbs - 12reps ss 100lbs - 15reps

Hypers
• 25lb plates held - 18reps
• 35lb plate held - 12reps
• 45lb plate held - 9reps

I finished the workout off with 15min of liss for a nice double session for the day. I didn’t go to the gym today and will be in there tomorrow after work!

Yeah buddy!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
My chest is nice and sore from Sunday’s workout and still feeling pretty full! I feel like I’m making some nice improvements and each week I’m getting a step closer. I’ve recently been tapering my cals down to tighten up some post competition fat gain. Maybe bring myself down to around high 190’s and then start reintroducing cals. My back workout yesterday looked like this:

Pulldowns - to the front with a medium width overhand grip
• 100lbs - 10reps 120lbs - 10reps
• 160lbs - 11reps
• 200lbs - 10reps
• 160lbs - 14reps

Tbar Row Machine - underhand medium width grip
• 135lbs - 12reps
• 180lbs - 12reps
• 225lbs - 6reps dropset 135lbs - 10reps

Seated Cable Row - overhand wide grip
• 120lbs - 12reps
• 160lbs - 12reps
• 200lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover
• 80lbs - 10reps
• 90lbs - 10reps
• 100lbs - 9reps

Hypers
• 25lbs - 20reps
• 45lbs - 13reps

15min of post wo liss performed and I took off from the gym today. Maybe it’s the Prime kicking in early but, I’m definitely feeling fuller than normal. Alongside yok3d and all of these dropsets…I guess it’s to be expected!