Team USPlabs Jimmy Robinson - Groundbreaking Off-season Log!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
What's going on AM!!

There is a lot of USPLabs love on this forum, so I thought I would add my log over here for those of you who may not be on www .usplabsdirect. com/forum

I'll add updates from here on out directly to this log, but here is a link to my thread on their forum for anyone who would like to catch up ;)

www .usplabsdirect. com/forum/stacks-logs/6796-team-usplabs-jimmy-robinson-groundbreaking-off-season-log

:party:

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's workout was a bit of a quick one as I tend to blast through bis/tris with the quickness and then spend some good time on my calves.

I only do bis and tris on the same day because it allows me to focus solely on Back and solely on Chest. Opposed to pairing those larger muscles with their assisting smaller muscle group (i.e bis and tris).

It's just another way my schedule is fit to best work for me as my pairing of muscle groups or what be it may be a bit from the norm at times.

I started out with bis doing roughly only 6-8 work sets and the same went for tris.

1arm DB preacher curl - 15lbs - 15reps 20lbs - 15reps 35lbs - 12reps 45lbs - 12reps 55lbs - 9reps

Switched to 1set of spider curls with 25lbs for a real deep stretch getting roughly 10 or 12 reps

Incline DB curl - 30lbs - 12reps 40lbs - 9reps 35lbs - 10reps

Pushdowns switching each set from a narrow grip to a more wide grip for about 6sets total - never dropping below 10reps and basically repped the stack the whole time

Overhead DB Press - 100lbs - 15reps 110lbs - 13reps 115lbs - 10reps

I than made my way to blasting my calves which I don't really have much of a structured workout for. I just keep hitting them from all angles, varied amount of reps and speed, peak contraction holds, deep stretches. I just really give it to em, let them recover and do it all over again next workout maybe with a different exercise order.

Seated Calf Raise 1 leg at a time - bunch of sets and reps <shrugs>

Incline Leg Press Calf Raise 1 leg at a time - same

Standing Calf Raise 2legs - went heavier here to now move some weight

Standing Calf Raise 1 leg - slow and controlled reps - at this point I was shot and could barely move any weight and was just going for a full stretch and peak contraction

Finished up with 20min of liss on the tread and then it was time to get nippy!

No cardio or weights today, rest and recover and do it all over again! Today is actually a day I'm off from everything so I hope to get a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done later on!!! Bundle up ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
here are some shots from my show this past October - the 2 shots from the rear are backstage because I didn't like how my stage shots came out - seems the photographer took his pics every time I wasn't set lol

up to date off-season shots coming soon ;)

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Would also like to thank those at USPLabs for backing me up and providing me with some of the best all Natural supplements to help me achieve my best condition yet!

Final weeks sitting under 2k cals still matching my heaviest lifts and even going up in reps in some! I can credit that partially to the amazing effects of Prime and Pink Magic along with the rest of the USPLabs lineup. Not a single one was left behind and they all played a major role in my prep!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Hit up the tread for only 15min of liss earlier this morning. Normally my rule of thumb is no less than 20min, but I just wanted to get some good flow started for Chest day! I also threw it in this morning so I don't have (well I don't have to do anything hehe) to do it after my workout and can get right home to food and filling that muscle out

So Chest is on tap for later and it looks like it's going to be a hypertrophy day. I'm looking to keep the reps no lower than 8 and nothing higher than 12, although I "may" slip a sixer in there on my compounds.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I love you USPLabs :D I'm subbed. Good luck m8!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Welp...looks like I dug deep into this chest workout. Went a couple sets over the norm to try something new to see how I respond. I laid out a hypertrophy workout for today's session which I performed something of a press than stretch method. I also set this workout up following an ascending pyramid style of weight progression. Another way I change things up is by making sure I'm warmed up and ready to handle a good weight and start from the top to bottom with the heaviest weight and go down in weight each set.

Decline BB w/narrow grip - 135lbs - 13reps 155lbs - 10reps 245lbs - 10reps 265lbs - 8reps 275lbs - 7reps

PecDec - 145lbs - 12reps 175lbs - 11reps 205lbs - 10reps

Flat DB Press w/ a real deep stretch and pause at the bottom - 75lbs - 9reps 85lbs - 10reps than switched over to a fixed machine flat press because I just felt my shoulders taking over way too much in this exercise.

Flat Fixed Press - 205lbs - 9reps 220lbs - 8reps 235lbs - 8reps finishing on a slow slow controlled neg

Flat Flyes - 40lbs - 9reps 50lbs - 9reps 60lbs - 7reps
superset with
DB Pullover - 70lbs - 7reps 70lbs - 6reps 60lbs - 10reps

I didn't do any cardio afterwards because I did a bit this morning so I could get right out of the gym and back home to eat.

It's crazy how fast my body goes into recovery mode! It's like it knows exactly when I'm done working out. The pump just dissipates and immediately shrinks up and starts repairing. I go from crazy pumps all throughout my workout, to right when I'm done stretching out...everything shrinks down to smaller than it was when I got in the gym lol I mean...this is obviously what is supposed to happen, but I guess I'm just a bit fascinated how the body works!

If anyone else is intrigued by the body and would like to take a deeper look, take a thought into watching "Pushing the Limits" shown on the Discovery Channel. I'm sure you can you-tube it and find some clips. Nuts how granted we may take everything our body does and these episodes (broken down into sight, strength, sensation and brain power) go on to show how advanced we truly are!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Good workout bud! Those are some big number :yup:

BTW are you taking ALL of USPLabs products at the moment? Also have you ever done more than 9 caps of prime?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Good workout bud! Those are some big number :yup:

BTW are you taking ALL of USPLabs products at the moment? Also have you ever done more than 9 caps of prime?
Thanks! Not to try and stroke my ego but, I can definately move a lot heavier weight and that's all I used to do. Not to long ago I toned everthing down and really focused on feeling the muscle work with nice and slow controlled movements. Being in complete control of the weight is the key to building that nice full round muscle! For too long I would just heave heavy weights around with decent form and wasn't really getting as much as I wanted out of some workouts. Chest being one of them!

I've now included strictly 2 different type of strength days where it allows me to move that heavy weight, but still totally under control. I just have a lot more steam to move that bigger weight because I don't pyramid up as one would in a hypertrophy type workout like I just performed. But instead warmup untill ready and than get ready into the big weights! You'll see if you stick around when I do a workout of that type, which'll be next week!

As far as what USPLabs supps I'm taking...

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on recovery and not trying to drill my body with too many supps. The pictures above were from my show just this past October and at that point I was using every single one of USP's supps. Even getting up to as high as 15-18caps of Prime and SCRX when deep into my prep. So after my show I just took a nice like...month or month and a half break from all supps to let my body breathe a bit.

After that period, I've started up with ModernBCAA, AP/PSLIN, PF, SCRX and would use jack3d here and there for workouts I really wanted to grind out! I'm thinking come the New Year is when I'm going to dig into some Prime, but keep the dosing something of the 6/9 protocol and find PMs way in there sometime too. At this point I don't want to rush into those supps because they can really help break through plateaus and things are still climbing just how I want them to at this point...slow and steady! Once I feel I've maxed out a bit, in come the big guns!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Didn't do any cardio this morning nor am I going to the gym today. Just going to let my chest recover from that brutal session I had yesterday. Any time I do a stretch press routine, my chest gets fried! Gotta love it

I didn't want to get back in today and hammer away at another body part after I just put in the amount of sets I did yesterday. Even though it wasn't a strength day and not very heavy lifting took place, the load was still there and along with the numerous reps and sets...I'm sure it took a toll on me overall. Even though I feel good to go, I just know when to step on the gas and when to ease off a bit.

Ran a few oddjobs this morning and just going to take the rest of the day off and get all of meals in! "Might" go to my girlfriends later to just relax and watch a movie, not sure. Going to save the going out for tomorrow night!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Ran a few oddjobs this morning and just going to take the rest of the day off and get all of meals in! "Might" go to my girlfriends later to just relax and watch a movie, not sure. Going to save the going out for tomorrow night!
letmewatchthis.com

You can stream any kind of movie you want. If there out on DVD then the DVD is up there. Also all the T.V. shows. Just though you would like it and it should save you some money by not going out and renting or going to the movies ;)

P.S. The other guys is an uber good movie :D

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Not to try and stroke my ego but, I can definately move a lot heavier weight and that's all I used to do. Not to long ago I toned everthing down and really focused on feeling the muscle work with nice and slow controlled movements. Being in complete control of the weight is the key to building that nice full round muscle! For too long I would just heave heavy weights around with decent form and wasn't really getting as much as I wanted out of some workouts. Chest being one of them!

I've now included strictly 2 different type of strength days where it allows me to move that heavy weight, but still totally under control. I just have a lot more steam to move that bigger weight because I don't pyramid up as one would in a hypertrophy type workout like I just performed. But instead warmup untill ready and than get ready into the big weights! You'll see if you stick around when I do a workout of that type, which'll be next week!

As far as what USPLabs supps I'm taking...

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on recovery and not trying to drill my body with too many supps. The pictures above were from my show just this past October and at that point I was using every single one of USP's supps. Even getting up to as high as 15-18caps of Prime and SCRX when deep into my prep. So after my show I just took a nice like...month or month and a half break from all supps to let my body breathe a bit.

After that period, I've started up with ModernBCAA, AP/PSLIN, PF, SCRX and would use jack3d here and there for workouts I really wanted to grind out! I'm thinking come the New Year is when I'm going to dig into some Prime, but keep the dosing something of the 6/9 protocol and find PMs way in there sometime too. At this point I don't want to rush into those supps because they can really help break through plateaus and things are still climbing just how I want them to at this point...slow and steady! Once I feel I've maxed out a bit, in come the big guns!
Man I would love to run prime 15/18 caps a day. That would be sick! I had good results just running one bottle on the minimum...I can't imagine what would happen if I did 15/18 and my very first log ever was OEP and tt-33. OEP is some good stuff and I've gotten a lot of people on it. Haven't heard one bad complain from it. :D

Oh BTW what's yok3d suppose to be?

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
subbed in .. :)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Hit 15min of liss on the tread this morning for a little damage control. Forgot to add that yesterday I pushed my cals way up for a nice body shock! Also help flood my chest with the extra nutrients since it's something I'm looking to bring up!

Going to cook chicken for the week, be back in a bit with a bit more of a detailed update!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Man I would love to run prime 15/18 caps a day. That would be sick! I had good results just running one bottle on the minimum...I can't imagine what would happen if I did 15/18 and my very first log ever was OEP and tt-33. OEP is some good stuff and I've gotten a lot of people on it. Haven't heard one bad complain from it. :D

Oh BTW what's yok3d suppose to be?
I guess it will leave something to desire huh ;) A bit expensive to dig into that amount but, quite the experience and results to boot! Nothing wrong with sticking to the recommended dosing protocol! I agree, OEP can be pretty potent for some if used properly! There will always be naysayers, but in the end...what works for you is all that matters!

Taken off www .usplabsdirect .com/forum/yok3d-phase-2-beta-testing/7000-yok3d-phase-2-beta-testing-taking-applications-now.html

Yok3d is said to produce what we have come to coin, “the Performance Pump” Sounds like it's going to be quite the workout enhancer!!! Really looking forward to what this brings to the table and to see what has to be said about it when it hits testing!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Chicken pics haha Also just took a quick cheesey picture of a front double bi to showcase a bit of my offseason shape for anyone stopping by. I hate being so pale in the winter lol makes you look so much less than you actually are in pictures. For instance in the pic from the gym, there's full shoulder separation there etc that just being pale makes look like one big arm and washes all those pretty lines away lol

I'll try to get a shot later with the shirt off to see what's hiding under there! Oh, also included one I took the other day in the gym for the forum as well! I never ever strip down to a guinea tee in the gym lol I like to stay covered up and pose more of a mystery <shrugs> ha Everyone was bustin my chops about it!

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
letmewatchthis.com

You can stream any kind of movie you want. If there out on DVD then the DVD is up there. Also all the T.V. shows. Just though you would like it and it should save you some money by not going out and renting or going to the movies ;)

P.S. The other guys is an uber good movie :D
don't know how I missed this! Good looking out on the link, not sure if it's safe though? Worms and stuff are usually linked to those types of servers, no? Sounds like it's pretty stacked though with tons of choices!

haha yeah, The Other Guys is definitely next on the list lol

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
As I constantly look to improve my physique and tweak my training to aid in just that, one thing on the list was to really bring up my traps. They just didn't peak from the front when relaxed like I want them too which will really help fill in my clavicular area. You get a good amount of work to them in certain types of rowing movements and deads etc etc, so I never really pounded directly on them thinking they would be easily overtrained. After living by this for some time, I figured it was time to give a different approach and try hammering away heavy as hell at them to see if they took on new growth. Maybe mine can take a little more abuse!? So I've actually given them their own day to flat out just kill em. Since then..what do you know? My traps have been getting ridiculously sore (which they never really got), peaking nicely from the front and starting to help fill in my clavicular area a bit.

So this is what yesterday's workout consisted of:

Did my usual rotator cuff and upper body warmup to get the blood flowing. Some quick ballistic type stretching and I was good to go!

BB Shrugs to the front - 135lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps - these sets here were warmup sets with very slow and controlled reps to get the muscle primed nicely. On to my worksets...
315lbs - 12reps, still slow and controlled and then things get a bit heavy and I use a little bit of body language towards the end to really help get that full rom - 405lbs - 12reps 495lbs - 8reps x 2 - 1set with wraps both hands over and another with no wraps, chalked up and an over under grip!

1arm at a time DB shrugs - 105lbs - 12reps 115lbs - 10reps - went for the full range of motion here really letting the db hang low and pull down on things before slowly lifting to a full contraction with a static hold on each rep for a couple seconds

Smith BB Shrugs behind the back - 3plates a side - 12reps 4plates a side - 8reps 2plates a side - 15reps to just burn them out

Going heavy (even if having to use a good amount of body language to get the weight moving) and moving some good weight around has really helped thicken up my upper trap area thus far. I'm going to continue on doing workouts like this as long as my body keeps responding!

Afterwards, I hit up the abs with some hanging leg raises for 3-4sets of like 8-12reps, roman chair crunches for like 3sets of 30-40reps and than a steep decline explosive type situp for 3sets of 10-15reps

Finished up the day with 15min of liss on the tread combined with the 15min of liss in the morning I did for a little damage control. Pushed cals really hard the day before, so I like to than clean it up a bit with some extra treat time ;)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Did 20min of liss on the tread this morning and going to take the day off to finish up some Christmas shopping and maybe get a little football time in! Go Giants!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
don't know how I missed this! Good looking out on the link, not sure if it's safe though? Worms and stuff are usually linked to those types of servers, no? Sounds like it's pretty stacked though with tons of choices!

haha yeah, The Other Guys is definitely next on the list lol
sockshare and megavideos are safe. I don't even use virus scan anymore and run it maybe couple times a year just to check if there is anything, which it never is. If you ever think you have viruses give me shout and I'll send you something that'll get rid of everything for ya ;)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
BB Shrugs to the front - 135lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps - these sets here were warmup sets with very slow and controlled reps to get the muscle primed nicely. On to my worksets...
315lbs - 12reps, still slow and controlled and then things get a bit heavy and I use a little bit of body language towards the end to really help get that full rom - 405lbs - 12reps 495lbs - 8reps x 2 - 1set with wraps both hands over and another with no wraps, chalked up and an over under grip!

1arm at a time DB shrugs - 105lbs - 12reps 115lbs - 10reps - went for the full range of motion here really letting the db hang low and pull down on things before slowly lifting to a full contraction with a static hold on each rep for a couple seconds

Smith BB Shrugs behind the back - 3plates a side - 12reps 4plates a side - 8reps 2plates a side - 15reps to just burn them out

Going heavy (even if having to use a good amount of body language to get the weight moving) and moving some good weight around has really helped thicken up my upper trap area thus far. I'm going to continue on doing workouts like this as long as my body keeps responding!
:box: :box: :box:

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
sockshare and megavideos are safe. I don't even use virus scan anymore and run it maybe couple times a year just to check if there is anything, which it never is. If you ever think you have viruses give me shout and I'll send you something that'll get rid of everything for ya ;)
You're the man...I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Wound up watching The Other Guys tonight. Hillarious!!! You were right lol

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Here are 2 cold shots I took earlier today. Had my girlfriend take a quick shot of me from behind. Couldn't get a good enough one in the mirror on my own no matter how hard I tried. Spread out just a little on the back shot to show a little width <shrugs>

Figured I'd continue to share like I said I would.

Feel I'm still holding pretty lean at my weight and am most likely going to push daily cals soon. Everything seems to be running smoothly at this point and am sticking this offseason thus far just as planned! It's crazy to think things are just getting rolling too.

I can't wait to see where they go...

Attachments

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Here are 2 cold shots I took earlier today. Had my girlfriend take a quick shot of me from behind. Couldn't get a good enough one in the mirror on my own no matter how hard I tried. Spread out just a little on the back shot to show a little width <shrugs>

Figured I'd continue to share like I said I would.

Feel I'm still holding pretty lean at my weight and am most likely going to push daily cals soon. Everything seems to be running smoothly at this point and am sticking this offseason thus far just as planned! It's crazy to think things are just getting rolling too.

I can't wait to see where they go...
Dude you are ripped and holy back. What was your weight/height again?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
5`8 and weighed 204.8 this morning. Always hold a little bit after a day of not working out so...tomorrow (since I'm working out today) I'll probably weigh in around 203ish.

Before I dieted down at the end of the summer for my previous show, I was peaked at roughly 215lbs, but a bit sloppy. Weight doesn't mean to much to me, but it allows me to use numbers and the mirror to gauge how fast or slow moves are being made and adjust accordingly.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Oh how I love my breakfast and postworkout meals!!!
I'll be back with my workout update later tonight.

Attachments

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Oh how I love my breakfast and postworkout meals!!!
I'll be back with my workout update later tonight.
are those fruit loops i see?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
No morning liss with Shoulder work being on tap for the day! My traps are still a little sore and I was going to do lower body work, but wanted to get Shoulders in today so I can get Chest in on time this week. I always like to try and give a good amount of time between Chest and Shoulder workouts.

Got into the gym and started up with my normal warmup routine

BB Military Press (still warming back up into this movement) - 2 warmup sets - 135lbs - 15reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 10reps (didn't want to gas out by doing more reps to save my strength for the heavier sets) 225lbs - 8reps on own to failure - 175lbs - 12reps

Bent over Rear DB Raise - 30lbs - 15reps 40lbs - 12reps than over to 2sets on cables - Top Rear Cable Cross 1arm at a time - 30lbs - 15reps 25lbs - 12reps

HS Military Press 1arm at a time - 90lbs (a side) - 12reps 115lbs - 8reps 135lbs - 8reps w/slight spot

Med Grip Upright Row - 100lbs - 15reps 110lbs - 15reps 60lbs - 8reps with a ridiculously slow movement to just burn the muscle out

Normally that second pressing movement wouldn't be in there, but lately I've been including a secondary just for some unilateral pressing work. Most of the time it would be a second rear delt movement but, I haven't hit that HS machine in forever and it never hurts to change things up a bit ;)

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and shot out of there to get home and eat!!!

Looks like the Hammies are on call for tomorrow!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Your a big ****ing guy bud! 225 of MP...Beast mode!!!!

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
wow 225 for military press is impressive sir.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
hehe thanks guys!

Not sure yet, but I may work back a little in weight and start owning the reps on sets like 205lbs and 215lbs instead of making that big jump from 185lbs to 225lbs. Wasn't able to handle the 2plates like I used too, so I may just have to work my way back up slowly again!

I'm also maybe able to move a bit more weight on the BB because I tilt my head back a bit to recruit a bit of the upper chest and work into that clavicular area!

Thinking it might be time for some DB work next week! I miss trying to kick those heavy ass DB's all the way up!! Well...not really...

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
No morning Liss today

Hammies were up to bat today...

Since the Hack machine (if to call it that...it's like a mini version) we have at my gym has been broken, I thought I would give the oldschool hack a shot!

BB Hack/Deadlift w/bar behind you - after 2 sets I realized I was just wasting my breath and wasn't feeling it like I want in my hams.

Seated Hamstring curl 1leg at a time - 4sets x20,20,15,13reps

Laying DB Curl - 35lbs - 15reps 45lbs - 13reps

Standing Cable Single Leg Curl - 3sets x30,25,25 varying rep tempos

Adductor machine - 3sets w/ a whole bunch of reps

SLDL w/DB's - 65lbs - 12reps 80lbs - 12reps 95lbs - 10reps 105lbs - 8reps - taking the descent very slow and controlled with DB's as close to my body as possible, really aiming for feeling that deep stretch in the hams

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that was that! Off from the gym tomorrow with a strength day for Chest lined up for Thursday. Not sure if I'm going to go with a 5x5 workout or a Rest Pause DC type compound only movement to begin with.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
DB presses are AWESOME. I love doing them more than BB, especially on incline press. Also those are good curling numbers bud :lol:

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Charged up and ready to roll for todays workout. Crushed a chest session not to long ago and still feeling nice and pumped! Flooded the muscle with tons of carbs and after I write this up...back to wrapping some presents!
No morning cardio and today was a DC type strength day for Chest.

Warmed up as usual with my everyday shoulder movements, then rolled into some dynamic and ballistic stretching to really warm the muscle up nicely. I always spend a decent amount of time stretching, but when it comes to a day where I'll be handling heavier than normal loads, I definitely spend more time than normal.

Smith Decline BB - all warmup sets leading up to 1 workset
135lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 9reps 225lbs - 6repsx3 - at this point my chest had a pretty good pump and everything felt nice and loosened up
345lbs - 5reps RP 4reps RP 3reps

After giving everything I had into that final set, I was fried and didn't have much left in the tank, but the show must go on ;)

Low Incline DB - all done with a pause press style - 70lbs - 9reps 85lbs - 8reps 95lbs - 8reps w/a little spot at the end and stopped short of failure

Weighted Machine Dips - 170lbs - 13reps 230lbs - 9reps 270lbs - 7reps stopped short of failure

Flat DB Fly - 55lbs - 8reps 65lbs - 7reps 75lbs - 5reps finishing on the neg

DB Pullover - 75lbs - 8reps taking it slow and deep to stretch everything out 105lbs - 6reps

Finished up with 15min of Liss on the tread and we now have another Chest session in the books!

Added 200cals to the diet yesterday and am going to keep a close eye on things. Going to keep the diet/gains at this pace and fine tune as needed as I keep moving upwards!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Happy Holidays to everyone from the East Coast! ;)

Thought I'd share just a few pics of NYC! Love how it's only a 30min train ride from me! I go a lot in the fall...anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :)

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!
Good luck bro :)

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks there...rich...hot...beautiful...fit...chicks.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro :)

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks there...rich...hot...beautiful...fit...chicks.
hehe yeah, hop skip and a jump away!

30min train ride North to NYC and 30min car ride south to the Jersey Shore!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Got up this morning and hopped right on the tread for 15min of liss. Bumped my daily cals the other day, so I'll bring double sessions back in for a bit to help settle the additional cals in. I'll back off when I feel comfortable and that my body has adjusted to my liking.

Was looking forward to my back workout (well, I always look forward to every workout to be honest) today because I was going to be doing deads from the floor which I probably haven't done in a year or longer.

Between all of the prepping I've done for shows this past year and a half, I tend to lay off certain movements that won't make me want to collapse or heighten the risk of injury. Things like BB squats get replaced with incline press or smith squats and floor deads get replaced with rack deads.

Now that I finally have an actual off-season of more than several months, it's time to bring those big movements back in to help pack on some size!

Wide Grip pull ups - bodyweight - 12,10,10,9

DeadLifts - 135lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 8reps 315lbs - 8reps
I wouldn't normally empty some of the tank on these lighter sets (well what used to be light) and save it all for the bigger numbers, but I honestly had no clue what I was working with after all this time off from doing DL's
365lbs - 8reps and this is where I called it quits - included a pic because they're fun and interactive haha

Seated WideGrip Cable Row -140lbs - 12reps 180lbs - 12reps 220lbs - 8reps

DB Row - 100lbs - 9reps 110lbs - 8reps 120lbs - 6reps

Pulldowns to the front - I like these at the end sometimes to help stretch things out a bit and not have to worry about going heavy to get deep into the muscle - 120lbs - 12reps 160lbs - 8reps 140lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover - 75lbs - 8reps 90lbs - 10reps

Hit the abs with 4sets of hanging leg raises and 4sets of kneeling cable crunches. Finished things off with a second session of 15min of liss, and then was off to go fight all of this food!

It's was unfortunately my last day in the gym till Wednesday, "maybe" Tuesday. I'm leaving Sunday with some friends to upstate NY to go riding at WhiteFace mountain. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics and share when I get back!

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Wow! What a trip...60mph winds on the smaller peak, main peak closed because it was too dangerous! INSANE conditions out there. We were literally fighting through the wind just to walk to where we needed to get to by the top of the trails after the gondola lift let us off. I can't even explain the madness it was up there once we got off. They later closed ll of the lifts down and the mountain all together because it was just that bad.

Riding was ok because the conditions weren't the best. No sun, way below 0 with the wind chill and the winds were whipping snow everywhere. Couldn't see where you were going, so high up...the snow that was coming down was hail at that elevation, so the winds were whipping you with hail...felt like pellets! Crazy stuff...but all in all a great time! Didn't take too many pictures when up on the mountain because it was just that bad I didn't want to take my glove off to reach in my jacket to get the camera lol

What was crazy was the timing in which we planned this trip and had totally bailed on this huge blizzard that dropped in just as we left. To come home to a ridiculous blizzard in which the town did little in the way of clearing the side streets kind of sucked. I was a bit down about not getting to see the first real deal snowfall back home.

Back home and ready to blast it. I'll be gearing up for a session tomorrow! Stay tuned.... :)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Here are some shots from the trip.

Some of the ride in...it was like a winter wonderland over there.

The olympic center (Olympics were held here in Lake Placid I believe in 1932 and 1980) in one of the pictures, also the ski long jump which is that really high building.

Our little cabin that we all squeezed in and finally some of the mountain itself.

Didn't get any of us on the mountain unfortunately because like I said it was just waaaay to intense up on the mountain to worry about that!

Attachments

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was a 5x5 style chest workout. I say style because I’ll use that method on my first compound movement and then add in varying rep and set amounts after. Some of the reps may be a bit lower on this day and DC style day as I’m looking to also stimulate different fibers. So I take a valuable training style and customize it into a plan that fits perfectly for me.

I didn’t do any morning cardio because I want the body to readjust to the cals and working out on its own first since I’ve been out the last 4days. I will bring some morning sessions back in after the New Year kicks off! Yesterday’s workout looked something like this:

Decline BB - 3warmup sets followed by 4sets of 5reps, with the last set being able to squeeze 6reps out
• 135lbs - 15reps 145lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 10reps
• 255lbs - 5reps,5reps,5reps,5reps,6reps

Smith Incline Reverse/Under Grip - 1warmup set to get the feel and another set with an easier to handle weight just to make sure all was good.
• 45lbs on each side - 10reps 70lbs on each side - 10reps
• 90lbs on each side - 10reps 100lbs on each side - 10reps

Flat Fixed HS Press
• 220lbs - 10reps 235lbs - 8reps
• 250lbs - 6reps and finishing on the negative

Decline DB Fly
• 50lbs - 9reps
• 60lbs - 8reps
• 70lbs - 6reps finishing on the negative

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that was it for the day!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Good numbers bro! Keep up the good work :bigok:

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
No morning cardio yesterday. Quads were on tap with a couple sets of Hams thrown in!

Warmed up with 5min on the bike to get the lower body moving and warmed up. Threw my knee sleeves on afterwards and made my way to the squat rack.

Normally I rip into no less than 15reps per set for legs and felt I wanted to change things up a bit this workout. On each exercise for quads, I did no less and no more than 10reps. Didn’t go heavier or anything, but just changed wanted to change the pace up a bit and also because I hit all pressing movements which I normally don’t do. So I didn’t want to bury myself from both ends…high reps and numerous pressing movements!

BB Squats - about 2warmup sets and 2-3work sets
• 135lbs - 10reps 185lbs - 10reps
• 225bs - 10reps 275lbs - 10reps 315lbs - 10reps

After that I was huffing wind so bad from not doing legs so often and just getting back into squats! I can’t believe I was so conditioned with squats I used to be able to hit 315lbs for 20reps with no problem! They were a key movement for me than and I hit them on a regular basis, so I was definitely more in tune.

Incline Leg Press
• 8 45plates a side - 10reps
• 10 45plates a side - 10reps
• 11 45plates a side - 10reps

Smith Front Squats
• 70lbs a side - 10reps
• 90lbs a side - 10reps
• 110lbs a side - 10reps

Seated Hamstring Curl
• 3sets with a fairly light weight, slow controlled reps and no less than 15reps

Stiff Leg Deads - went fairly light just to feel the stretch and compliment the pump from the hammy curls
• 50lbs - 10reps
• 55lbs - 10reps

No cardio afterwards and I just couldn’t wait to get out of there. It’s been a long time since I’ve hit legs with so many pressing movements in 1 workout and it really took a toll on me!