Team NLA Performance Training Log

msrider

msrider

Awards
USA's are June 8/9 in Laughlin!!! I'm goin on the 6th and hanging out all weekend.. Compete on 8th , and play on river on 9th!!! Im game~~

TEAM NLA on the river this summer!! After i SFR for you guys!!

NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
I dunno if I could make it too that. Were heading to florida in june. I'm gunna be broke by then.

msrider

msrider

Awards
I'm coming back strong. Road to recovery nla style and with the help of my dr hooking me up with some steroids. Will post workout. I'm so exstatic rite now.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Had a killer workout today: Back is feeling a lot better, my spine is still soar but my siatic nerve pain is at a minimul with the prednisone going to work.

Smith mach flat bench(someone occupied the free weight bench):
105x10 warm up
195x10
285x8
335x5 little assisted help on last rep from wife.

Incline db:
80x10
90x10
100x7

Incline db flies:
60x10
70x10
80x8

Machine flies:
160x10
180x10
190x10

Cable mach close grip pushdown:
100x10
120x10
140x10

Bw dips:
20x3 sets

Db kick backs (inner twist for inside tri)
30x10x3 sets

Incline skull crushers:
75x10
95x10
95x10

The Road to recovery starts now. No more set backs, gunna be smart. Higher reps and build lean mass as I bulk. And Recovery-d Rocked my world. Its da bomb Baby!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Had a killer workout today: Back is feeling a lot better, my spine is still soar but my siatic nerve pain is at a minimul with the prednisone going to work.

Smith mach flat bench(someone occupied the free weight bench):
105x10 warm up
195x10
285x8
335x5 little assisted help on last rep from wife.

Incline db:
80x10
90x10
100x7

Incline db flies:
60x10
70x10
80x8

Machine flies:
160x10
180x10
190x10

Cable mach close grip pushdown:
100x10
120x10
140x10

Bw dips:
20x3 sets

Db kick backs (inner twist for inside tri)
30x10x3 sets

Incline skull crushers:
75x10
95x10
95x10

The Road to recovery starts now. No more set backs, gunna be smart. Higher reps and build lean mass as I bulk. And Recovery-d Rocked my world. Its da bomb Baby!
Good to hear that your backs feeling better bro!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Thanks Bro! Its a lot better but along way from squats. I still have to see what outcome of the mri is. Hope its not too bad as my spine is soar as **** still

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Change the flavor name on recover d to cinnamon bun bc that's what it truly tastes like!! Only two proteins in this world I put extra water in to make it last bc it's so good recover d and protean so what other flavors are out or coming out I'm curious now :)

msrider

msrider

Awards
Little update. Having some better workouts. My back is still giving me problems but its a lot better than it was.

Did legs yesturday. Can't do deads or squats but I feel like it might be getting better so I'm hoping of going light in a month or so. Hey its a start.

Leg exst:
130x20
150x20
170x20
190x16. Love high reps on these. Makes for some nice pumps!

Sitting leg curl:
150x10
170x10
170x10

Sitting calf raises:
3 plates x 30 x 25 x 25

Also did a few sets of bench. Nothing crazy! I will be doing back today and prolly throw in some extra biceps.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Bad news! MRI shows herniated disc. Gotta see a spine dr in a week. Don't know realy what to exspect!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn,sorry to hear about the back. You at least know now what the problem is and can make decisions on how to fix it.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Damn,sorry to hear about the back. You at least know now what the problem is and can make decisions on how to fix it.
Thanks! I will see a spine dr in a week to go over my options and the severity. I'm walking blind, have you had one or been around guys who have. I know its not good, Thanks!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are different levels of herniation of course. The Doc will explain this to you. I am going to guess that it is not too bad if you are still moving well and not showing signs of stenosis or spasms. Hopefully it will just involve some PT work and more down time.

msrider

msrider

Awards
There are different levels of herniation of course. The Doc will explain this to you. I am going to guess that it is not too bad if you are still moving well and not showing signs of stenosis or spasms. Hopefully it will just involve some PT work and more down time.
That's what I'm hoping! My dr put me on prediscone and it immediately helped but I'm down to one pill a day and the inflamation I think is gradualy coming back. A wake up call for sure. No more trying to be like AB lol

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bad news! MRI shows herniated disc. Gotta see a spine dr in a week. Don't know realy what to exspect!
Thats a crusher man I'm sorry to hear that especially when a member of Team NLA is down. Keep me updated on the status of your injury and get better asap!

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey Everyone I haven't updated for awhile. We have been busy prepping for the Los Angeles Fitness expo this weekend and getting our NLA for Her women's supplement line launched. Of course I get sick on Tuesday and was bedridden until last night. I was able to get a 45 minute workout in of 2 sets of 15 reps on every machine in my gym. Ya a bit lazy of a workout but I was all achy and feeling pretty bad. Needless to say I woke up this morning feeling like a king and it just shows that sometimes the best way to get over a sickness is to just Pump it out!

Heading to the gym in a little bit to do chest, arms, abs, and calves...AKA every muscle anyone will see at the expo hahaha. Will post my workout later.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Thats a crusher man I'm sorry to hear that especially when a member of Team NLA is down. Keep me updated on the status of your injury and get better asap!
Thanks Justin! Its a little setback. But I know I will bounce back. I'm still hitting arms and getting my workouts in just nothing that creates anymore stress.

Reply to your next post: Glad your getting better bro! Represent us well at the Expo, I know u will! Can't wait to here about how well it goes. NLA is going to the Top!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Get better msrider!!! I was enjoying the log!
Thank you! I will be doing light work that's not affecting my back until I meet dr. Then I might have to take some time off for a bit. But will make a strong comeback. So please keep following Brotha! Thanks for your support. Its good to have ppls back and I apreciate you

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards

You got this~~ My Back is gone, we work around and still come back to SFW & SFR ~~ NLA will keep you going ~~ We can talk rehab in PM, let me know what doctors say and ill get you rehabed

msrider

msrider

Awards
You got this~~ My Back is gone, we work around and still come back to SFW & SFR ~~ NLA will keep you going ~~ We can talk rehab in PM, let me know what doctors say and ill get you rehabed

Thank you my Brotha! NLA will get me back on track, No doubt! After myy gym session we can talk, thanks J0n!

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
Thank you my Brotha! NLA will get me back on track, No doubt! After myy gym session we can talk, thanks J0n!

Sounds good bro!!

Last night session~

Leg Extension 150 x 4 x 12
Single Extension 85 x 4 x 12
36 in box step ups with 45 lb x 3 x 10
KB Single leg Deads 106lb x 3 x 10
Squats 185 lbs x 4 x 15
Reverse Hypers 5 x 20
Hyperextension 45lbs x 4 x 10