Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw a post in another thread about taxes in other countries and it got me thinking about all the taxes we pay here in the USA.........

Federal Income Tax
State Income Tax
Local Tax
Sales Tax
Property Tax
School Tax
Personal Tax
Gas Tax
Inheritance Taxes
Toll Roads (PA Turnpike)

I live in Pennsylvania I'm sure I am missing a few

Please feel free to add to the list!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SS Taxes
Federal Gas Tax
State Gas Taxes
Local Gas Tax
Tobacco Taxes
Oil Taxes (lumped into Gas Tax)
A whole list of licenses to perform tasks that are basic human rights (Fishing, Hunting, Marriage, Gun, etc.) that all cost money, making them... Essentially... Taxed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
and the list goes on !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SS Taxes
Federal Gas Tax
State Gas Taxes
Local Gas Tax
Tobacco Taxes
Oil Taxes (lumped into Gas Tax)
A whole list of licenses to perform tasks that are basic human rights (Fishing, Hunting, Marriage, Gun, etc.) that all cost money, making them... Essentially... Taxed.
I used to own a Gas Station people would give me a hard time about the price of fuel, I would try to explain to them I was making 3 cents a gallon, but the taxes were 52 cents a gallon, I'm not the one you should be complaining to !!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We're taxed annually on things we already own. Have you owned that land, home, and vehicle for 30 years? Well we're guna tax it.

Want to have a garage sale? Better hope the neighborhood cop doesn't have a stick up his ass, because he can shut it down. We are supposed to report every penny we make from selling our own things as misc. income, even if we made it from clay with our bare hands... So they can tax it 😊

Did you work yourself to death putting in 80 hours at your job this week? On top of the regular taxes you get for the first 40, they take a special lump of taxes out of your overtime hours too.

So your hard work paid off, so your employer gives you a bonus! A gift! A thank you! But then the government taxes that too...

All in all, we probably get to utilize about 50% of what we actually earn, and the rest goes to taxes. Our "Tax Rate" doesn't account for all of the additional charges the government imposes on activities that are becoming essential to live here. Just to have them pissed away by bad accounting and dirty politicians.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
when my ship went out for a cruise we could buy alcohol duty free[no tax]. we were allowed to but 1 gallon each and were given a chit when we got back into port and mandatory to leave ship with the gallon of alcohol....i remember being able to buy a gallon of jack daniels for cheaper than a quart of jim beam.

fortunately booze is one thing i no longer have to worry about being taxed on, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kjscatch General Chat 12
JoeBrooklyn General Chat 7
General Chat 6
Nabisco Politics 11
RobInKuwait Politics 39