Tanning and joint pain

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought this was a coincidence but it’s 100 percent not. When I go out in the sun for over 20 minutes 2 things happen. My libido skyrockets and I get joint pain. Any idea what on earth could be the reason for this? It makes no sense to me. I’ve also never heard of anyone having this problem

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Copy and pasted bro here's the short version

Vitamin D*deficiency can cause low estrogen in women, which means low sex drive. It also causes low testosterone in men. So if you tend to feel more frisky during the summer than the winter, there's a very good reason for it – increased*vitamin Dcauses your hormones, and your*libido, to peak during summer months

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I thought this was a coincidence but it’s 100 percent not. When I go out in the sun for over 20 minutes 2 things happen. My libido skyrockets and I get joint pain. Any idea what on earth could be the reason for this? It makes no sense to me. I’ve also never heard of anyone having this problem
The libido is directly related to vitamin d. Sounds like you're vitamin d deficient. I would recommend supplementing with vitamin d if you aren't getting sufficient and consistent sun exposure.

The joint pain could also be due to vitamin d, but that part I'm less sure of. How severe is the pain?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The majority of the world is vD3 deficient. Try taking 10,000 iu'S a day for a month. Also you can get your V-D tested

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You can have your vitamin D levels checked with a blood draw. Levels should be between 30-100. I personally take 5000 UI per day along with vitamin K2 to assist with absorption.

Out movable joints have a lubricant inside. Its called synovial fluid. Synovial fluid may be increased with daily supplementation of hyaluronic acid. I would use lighter weights, reduce alcohol consumption, and/ or consult a sport medicine therapist.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey thanks for the responses guys. I think the best route is to figure out what my vitamin D levels are. It’s just very strange because I’ve never heard of this issue. I’ll try and get that test ASAP

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I probably avoid eating / taking / drinking things more than anyone else in this forum and even I take Vitamin D. It's the only thing I take

Joint pain could literally be anything. Seeing as it happens when you're going outside, it could be a histamine reaction. This is a guess though as the outside world is very big and there are a tonne of different things it could be

SmithPm

Awards
Yeah, possible in your body is a lack of vitamin D. So you can buy supplements containing vitamin D, but another way is to eat more cheese, eggs and fish.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, possible in your body is a lack of vitamin D. So you can buy supplements containing vitamin D, but another way is to eat more cheese, eggs and fish.
Tough to get optimal levels each day from food alone....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
JeremyNG25 Cycle Logs 1
Whacked General Chat 12