Tamoxifen citrate vs toremifene citrate

jmaitland806

Awards
Just a general questions what do you guys prefer for a pct?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a general questions what do you guys prefer for a pct?
For me it depends on the type of cycle I had. Both are highly effective and have stood up to the test of time. Both have their attributes and cons. Generally speaking, most users claim Clomid to have an edge when it comes to HPTA restart, and LH and FSH production. However, there are studies that seem to show Nolva is very nearly just as effective in that area. Nolva is generally considered the better option for prevention of gyno as there are claims that it selectively targets receptors more in the breast tissues. Both carry some degree of toxicity but not to a large degree. A common touted side effect of Clomid is feeling highly emotional. Usually this stem from a high dose of 100 mg or more.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apologies, in my post I compared Clomid and Nolva. I just realized you were asking for a comparison to Toremifene. I haven't used Torem yet personally but anecdotal feedback claims it to be very effective at HPTA restart and also less hepatoxic than Nolva or Clomid. I would still say Nolva has better history of gyno prevention/control.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
I've used them both and blood work came back similar.. But my preference (if I did PCT ) is clomid.. Not a huge nolva fan, although it is effective its also linked to things such as lymphoma.. Which my mum died of... Hence I stay well away from it. Pre, mid, and post cycle bloods determine where estrogen is at and I always have some on hand invade of gyno.. Although I'm more inclined to use letro

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me it depends on the type of cycle I had. Both are highly effective and have stood up to the test of time. Both have their attributes and cons. Generally speaking, most users claim Clomid to have an edge when it comes to HPTA restart, and LH and FSH production. However, there are studies that seem to show Nolva is very nearly just as effective in that area. Nolva is generally considered the better option for prevention of gyno as there are claims that it selectively targets receptors more in the breast tissues. Both carry some degree of toxicity but not to a large degree. A common touted side effect of Clomid is feeling highly emotional. Usually this stem from a high dose of 100 mg or more.
I've used them both and blood work came back similar.. But my preference (if I did PCT ) is clomid.. Not a huge nolva fan, although it is effective its also linked to things such as lymphoma.. Which my mum died of... Hence I stay well away from it. Pre, mid, and post cycle bloods determine where estrogen is at and I always have some on hand invade of gyno.. Although I'm more inclined to use letro
Good call on monitoring blood work. I do the same. I prefer Aromasin as my AI of choice but I keep some Letro on hand in case of a gyno flare.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
Good call on monitoring blood work. I do the same. I prefer Aromasin as my AI of choice but I keep some Letro on hand in case of a gyno flare.
Yea I like aromasin.. Just a little trickier to dial in as a ai then say adex.. But just as effective. Blood work in NZ is easy.. U can even get it at a walk in clinic lol..

jmaitland806

Awards
So how do yall get ur blood work done u just got to ur doc and ask for bloodwork?

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
Here in NZ its as easy as asking ur Dr.. Or like I've stated elsewhere, u can even get it done at a walk in clinic

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Yea I like aromasin.. Just a little trickier to dial in as a ai then say adex.. But just as effective. Blood work in NZ is easy.. U can even get it at a walk in clinic lol..
How do you run your Exemestane during PCT? Considering 6.25mg ED or EOD for 6 weeks with my Clomid.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
I don't bro..when I did PCT (I cruise now) I did hcg prior and clomid for PCT by itself. A ai in PCT is unnecessary

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
I only go off blood work.. If it determines I need it I'd take it..

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
I got told it prevents estrogen rebound?
It does.
But blood work is always better than guessing of course.

Also it may depend on what you ran if an AI is absolutely needed or if the tapering of the SERM is enough.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
It does.

Also it may depend on what you ran if an AI is absolutely needed or if the tapering of the SERM is enough.
^^^ solid advice

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
It does.

1-Andro and Epi-Andro. Both dry, non aromatizing compounds but that's why estrogen might be a issue post cycle/post PCT because of being suppressed for so long.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
1-Andro and Epi-Andro. Both dry, non aromatizing compounds but that's why estrogen might be a issue post cycle/post PCT because of being suppressed for so long.
Especially the Epiandro might pose a problem in that regard.
How are doses and duration you plan.

If it would be Epistane for example I would definitely advise to using an AI. If its Dimethandrostenol also. For Halodrol I wouldn't So for Mechabol.

The Epiandro converting to DHT may bind some Estrogenreceptors and antagonize them wich is essentially what Epistane seems to do. Then again Epiandro does not solely convert to DHT so the effect may not be that pronounced.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Especially the Epiandro might pose a problem in that regard.
How are doses and duration you plan.

If it would be Epistane for example I would definitely advise to using an AI. If its Dimethandrostenol also. For Halodrol I wouldn't So for Mechabol.

The Epiandro converting to DHT may bind some Estrogenreceptors and antagonize them wich is essentially what Epistane seems to do. Then again Epiandro does not solely convert to DHT so the effect may not be that pronounced.
8 weeks at 500mg with 330mg 1-AD
I've got some Clomid and Exemestane for PCT and was gunna start the Exemestane from my fourth week of clomid at 6.25mg ED for 6 weeks

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
I would start the exemestane when two weeks of the chlomi are left. That way you won't have the high estrogen levels the moment you stop taking the antagonist.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I would start the exemestane when two weeks of the chlomi are left. That way you won't have the high estrogen levels the moment you stop taking the antagonist.
I'm doing 6 weeks of Clomid.
50/25/25/25/12.5/6.25. So there'd be four weeks of just Clomid, followed by 2 weeks of both Clomid and Exemestane, followed by four weeks of just Exemestane... and a test booster (AlphaMax XT)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Here in NZ its as easy as asking ur Dr.. Or like I've stated elsewhere, u can even get it done at a walk in clinic
Bit pricey tho, if you doing full panel and other stuff...unless you know something I dont for getting a deal? U talking the old Aotea Path?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm doing 6 weeks of Clomid.
50/25/25/25/12.5/6.25. So there'd be four weeks of just Clomid, followed by 2 weeks of both Clomid and Exemestane, followed by four weeks of just Exemestane... and a test booster (AlphaMax XT)
I would go clomid 50/50/25/25 exemestane 0/0/6.25/6.25/6.25/6.25 (eod) obviously you could go 12.5mg with the exemestane, but that would be unnecessary unless estrogen is noticeably high. I definitely agree that exemestane in pct is more of a necessity following up cycles that are anti-estrogenic such as epistane, which is notorious for causing rebound gyno in users

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clomid and Nolva imo, but I prefer clomid for pct, nolva for on cycle nip protection when avoiding AIs on cycle.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I would go clomid 50/50/25/25 exemestane 0/0/6.25/6.25/6.25/6.25 (eod) obviously you could go 12.5mg with the exemestane, but that would be unnecessary unless estrogen is noticeably high. I definitely agree that exemestane in pct is more of a necessity following up cycles that are anti-estrogenic such as epistane, which is notorious for causing rebound gyno in users
Considering my SERM and AlphaMax XT, is 4-6 weeks of included Exemestane (6.25 ED) enough to prevent rebound gyno after an 8 week Epi-Andro based cycle?

Edit:
PCT Weeks 4-8 Exemestane at 6.25 ED
PCT Weeks 8-10 Exemestane at 6.25 EOD (to taper off)