T3 Questions

A

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What are the doses people generally run T3 at and how long? I get varying answers. I just ran 100mcg for 4 weeks and lost 10 pounds without changing my diet too much.
Some people go as high as 150mcg. I think I might try it idk. I also dont know how long it is normally run.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe 21 days tapering up and than back down

The recommended starting dosage is 25 mcg orally once daily. Increase the dose by 25 mcg daily every 1 or 2 weeks, if needed. The usual maintenance dose is 25 mcg to 75 mcg once daily

A

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was told increase by 25mcg every 3 days.
I lost 15 pounds but put back on 5 probably because I suddenly stopped

A

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So do I increase it daily? Or once every week or two. I know people use as much as 150.
I just did 100 split into two doses

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Up and than down every 3rd day for 21 days.

A

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. One final question.
There's a supplement company out there selling really expensive diet pills loaded with dmaa, caffeine, yohimbine, some other garbage and 150mcg of T3!
Why do they do this? I got a sample of it and threw it in the trash

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks. One final question.
There's a supplement company out there selling really expensive diet pills loaded with dmaa, caffeine, yohimbine, some other garbage and 150mcg of T3!
Why do they do this? I got a sample of it and threw it in the trash
Well it should burn fat !!

A

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Why do I have to go up and down by 25 Mcg every 3 days if I can start at 150mcg for a month?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
um ok this is a really bad thread... a few things:
-you 100% DO NOT want to start out with 150mcg of t3 (you dont need it).
-there's no real need to taper down since your body sees it the same as any other hormone and either produces it or hardly at all (when seeing an already high level from exogeneous dosing)
-recovery is typically fairly quick (majority of the time) even when dosing for YEARS (there are studies to back this)
-typical dosing for a non-competitive BB'er would be something like 25-50mcg for just natural replacement (what you may see prescribed); 50-100 for most is more than enough.

I believe that naturally about 25mcg is the "normal" level for the body to produce so basically 25 will just replace natural production (which will be suppressed once you start dosing). 50 will be a noticable boost to metabolism (to lose a few lbs), 100 would be pretty much as high as I would recommend anyone not competing at a high level. at 100 you will likely have insane sweating and other sides that are not intolerable but generally unpleasant and in my experience there is no additional benefit (or VERY little)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
um ok this is a really bad thread... a few things:
-you 100% DO NOT want to start out with 150mcg of t3 (you dont need it).
-there's no real need to taper down since your body sees it the same as any other hormone and either produces it or hardly at all (when seeing an already high level from exogeneous dosing)
-recovery is typically fairly quick (majority of the time) even when dosing for YEARS (there are studies to back this)
-typical dosing for a non-competitive BB'er would be something like 25-50mcg for just natural replacement (what you may see prescribed); 50-100 for most is more than enough.

I believe that naturally about 25mcg is the "normal" level for the body to produce so basically 25 will just replace natural production (which will be suppressed once you start dosing). 50 will be a noticable boost to metabolism (to lose a few lbs), 100 would be pretty much as high as I would recommend anyone not competing at a high level. at 100 you will likely have insane sweating and other sides that are not intolerable but generally unpleasant and in my experience there is no additional benefit (or VERY little)
I pretty much agree with this, although I find T3 to be a lot less straight forward than the internet had you believe. Lots of factors will effect the results, and side effects. Cortisol levels too high or too low will change effects. Some people, like me, appear to have a high tolerance and I don't notice much even at 150 mcg. Still, 150 mcg is probably nothing very healthy and at some point you have to accept that the slight benefit of a compound that you receive is outweighed by the potential consequences. Just because I don't notice side effects doesn't mean they aren't there. As an unrelated example, people walk around with 200/100 blood pressure and don't have any knowledge something is wrong sometimes.

On the other hand, some people will start seeing effects at 25 mcg and have crazy results at 50-75 mcg and have no need to go higher. But 100 is where you really have to decide what you want to achieve.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I pretty much agree with this, although I find T3 to be a lot less straight forward than the internet had you believe. Lots of factors will effect the results, and side effects. Cortisol levels too high or too low will change effects. Some people, like me, appear to have a high tolerance and I don't notice much even at 150 mcg. Still, 150 mcg is probably nothing very healthy and at some point you have to accept that the slight benefit of a compound that you receive is outweighed by the potential consequences. Just because I don't notice side effects doesn't mean they aren't there. As an unrelated example, people walk around with 200/100 blood pressure and don't have any knowledge something is wrong sometimes.

On the other hand, some people will start seeing effects at 25 mcg and have crazy results at 50-75 mcg and have no need to go higher. But 100 is where you really have to decide what you want to achieve.
Totally agree. The tale home message from all of this is t3 is not just a quick fix kind of thing (like it seems to be being thrown around in this thread)... if you want something to shed those last few lbs, or just for a kickstart, this shouldn’t even be in discussion.

Only real reason I see are for extreme fat loss needs (cutting for a show) or for legit replacement for low natural production. IMO it’s a VERY poor choice for “just a little cycle” since it’s a much more complicated overall picture

K

kevker

Awards
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I feel this is relevant in the overall discussion. I've cycled T3 in the past, going from 25 to 75 a day ramping up. I never had any problems and the only side effect I noticed was ocassional night sweats. Haven't done any for a long time now, but I've tried to do a cycle twice recently, and both times I've had diarrhea, which I've never had before. I know it can be a side effect, but just wondering why it has affected me this time. Using the same supplier and same brand of T3. He also got me a different brand just in case, but still the same effect.

Any insights, observations, advice much appreciated.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I feel this is relevant in the overall discussion. I've cycled T3 in the past, going from 25 to 75 a day ramping up. I never had any problems and the only side effect I noticed was ocassional night sweats. Haven't done any for a long time now, but I've tried to do a cycle twice recently, and both times I've had diarrhea, which I've never had before. I know it can be a side effect, but just wondering why it has affected me this time. Using the same supplier and same brand of T3. He also got me a different brand just in case, but still the same effect.

Any insights, observations, advice much appreciated.
Did you add any new supplements at the same time ?

K

kevker

Awards
No Rocket, same diet, no different supps, only change was the T3. Wondering if just getting older side effects will be more pronounced?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No Rocket, same diet, no different supps, only change was the T3. Wondering if just getting older side effects will be more pronounced?
I don't know ? Maybe some one else will have some insight....................

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Absolutely no reason to EVER go above 75, and really going above 50 is unnecessary. People don’t understand how t3 works, use it incorrectly and don’t have realistic expectations for it. Should only really be used toward the end of a long cut, after dropping calories quite a few times. At that point, thyroid slows down and then use of t3 comes into play. Get the thyroid woken back up so you don’t have to continue dropping calories, or at least not very much more. As stated above, 25-50mcg oughta do it (a healthy thyroid puts out about 30mcg)if you have everything in order. It’s not a fat burner, but it’s useful in compensating for metabolic slow down due to a lengthy diet.