T3 long term effects?

italianboi949

italianboi949

Awards
Can 50 mcg of T3 permanently shut down your natural thyroid production after 8 weeks of use for a bodybuilding prep ?? Thanks :)

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
PERMANENTLY????? Do you mean you have very low TSH for a few weeks after stopping taking the T3???

T4 has a 6.7 day BOUND (inactive) half life. T3 has a 2.5 day BOUND (inactive) half life. That is why it takes 2 months for your
thyroid hormone blood tests to reach their true levels after a thyroid medication change.

IMO 25mcg of T3 would SHUTDOWN (lower your TSH below bottom of range) in everyone with normal Thyroid function.
Going COLD TURKEY from 50mcg of T3, Is going to be rough. I would TITRATE from a starting dose of 20mcg of T3, and lower
that dose by 2.5mcg every week. Blood tests would be nice to have during this process (if money is no problem).

I have (in the past) used T3 (long term) for my Hypothyroid condition, and, for me, it was tricky (too many side effects).
Yes, my thyroid recovered its function after getting off T3.

If you are just thinking about using T3, an have not started using it yet....... I would advise against it.

italianboi949

italianboi949

Awards
Thank you so much !!! I appreciate that awesome reply sir :)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
T3 will lower free test over time, something to watch for.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Guitterpump,

Good point doing a lot of T3 will make SHBG go up and this binds up all your Testosterone making it not working it's there just bound up. A lot of men that have high RT3 read on the web to lower this take a lot of T3 to bring it down but it also stopped there Testosterone from working.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Personally, I wouldn't adhere to ANY of the advice given here. If you're serious about using T3 and your blood work shows you need it, get it prescribed. First, it will be real. Second, it will be cheaper. Finally, it will be dosed properly. If you go the liquid T3 route based on what someone told you to use on a chat board, you'll likely end up with old fading strength T3, and because doses are in micrograms, badly dosed. My 2 cents.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally, I wouldn't adhere to ANY of the advice given here. If you're serious about using T3 and your blood work shows you need it, get it prescribed. First, it will be real. Second, it will be cheaper. Finally, it will be dosed properly. If you go the liquid T3 route based on what someone told you to use on a chat board, you'll likely end up with old fading strength T3, and because doses are in micrograms, badly dosed. My 2 cents.
His first reply said he was going to take it for 8 weeks for body building prep. Sounds to me, and I would assume others, that he doesn't need it per se. In that case why do you think the advice given beforehand is bad?

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
So you're saying that someone with a normal functioning thyroid wants to potentially use non prescribed T3, which is usually old and underdosed, to enhance his metabolism for 8 weeks and a group of non medical peers will advice him how to do so effectively?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you're saying that someone with a normal functioning thyroid wants to potentially use non prescribed T3, which is usually old and underdosed, to enhance his metabolism for 8 weeks and a group of non medical peers will advice him how to do so effectively?
No...I'm saying the total opposite. The person that replied first recommended not taking anything at all. That's why I'm trying to figure out why you said not to follow any of the advice. Maybe you missed that when you read the post. I would never recommend anyone taking anything unless they needed it.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Seems we are on the same page but it got lost in translation on my part. My apologies.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems we are on the same page but it got lost in translation on my part. My apologies.
No prob bro! I hate to see guys take stuff that's not needed. Sometimes I wonder if my issue with having to be in TRT is a cycle of Superdrol that I did years ago. Didn't do a proper PCT. who knows. If I could go back I would have never taken it.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I had the same experience this year. I'm close to 50 and able to avoid TRT. Tried new generation of Prohormones and suppressed me so bad I had to do a PCT. Now I only use Sarms/Peptides and bloodwork is better than ever. Like you, I try to educate those who will take something that will impact their life FOREVER. Peace!