T scores dropped unexpectedly

Pigskinplayer

Pigskinplayer

Awards
5 months into TRT I was 687ng/dl on 100mg test cyp a week. 11 months in I tested at 415ng/dl and 421ng/dl a month after that. Is it possible that my testes were still producing endogenous testosterone 5 months in and by the time I got to 11 months in they had fully shut down? I'm baffled and trying to figure out the 260ng/dl difference in a 6 month period. Only change I did was sub q injections from IM but all research says it doesn't make a difference. Can anyone weigh in?

Pigskinplayer

Pigskinplayer

Awards
Anything is possible, and a factor.

When was your last pin in relation to when the bloodwork was done compared to the first set of labs.

Time of day, consumption of various things, change in regiment.

I have always had labs done on my own through a private source and sometimes they were confusing. Whether I followed orders of what I ate or drank in a certain time frame of the labs. I also seemed to have different results when going through my doctor who sent me to an actual hospital compared to my private source. I was never on TRT however, this was just done on my own over various cycles etc

I would ‘assume’ that your natural T production levels wouldn’t change any from 5-11 months or so on... I honestly got more confused and frustrated at times when trying to understand my lab work and evaluate every little detail thinking or assuming everything should remain the same constantly over periods of time when nothing in my regime had changed.

It may be something, it may be nothing is what I’m trying to say.. Maybe if someone can shed more of a solid explanation on the topic it may help me understand a little better as well.

I’m also curious as to what your Doctor had to say on the topic as well.. And if you plan to get more labs done in the near future.
I pin every 3.5, Monday morning Thursday night, and do all my draws Thursday afternoon at the doctors office. I've had one lab done on my own by LabCorp and it matched the one a month later by the doctors office. I go in next week to discuss it but don't expect much knowledge from him about it. I seem to know more about TRT than he does but I'm thankful he prescribes it to me. I'll probably ask to go to 125mg a week and see where I am after that.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5 months into TRT I was 687ng/dl on 100mg test cyp a week. 11 months in I tested at 415ng/dl and 421ng/dl a month after that. Is it possible that my testes were still producing endogenous testosterone 5 months in and by the time I got to 11 months in they had fully shut down? I'm baffled and trying to figure out the 260ng/dl difference in a 6 month period. Only change I did was sub q injections from IM but all research says it doesn't make a difference. Can anyone weigh in?
It’s definitely possible that you were still producing some endogenous testosterone at 5 months to a year - everyone is different.

I think sub q can change the rate of absorbtion. Anyone know?

It’s also possible that your body adjusted and you simply just need a bit more test now. I’m pretty sure that’s common, actually.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t worry too much man. Around 6 months into TRT, is when my dr bumped up my dosage. Everyone is different, but I’d bet that’s the reason for the drop.

grondi

grondi

Awards
In my own relatively new experience, My (former) doc kept upping my test/cyp every few months... It got kinda ridiculous as I was pinning 3x the amount from when I first started.

I knew there had to be something my doc was not looking at. Hence I dropped him and went with good online doc source like the ones advertised here. I immediately started up on hcg and lowered my trt substantially. With the addition of some great sups, I am back to my "normal" levels and super happy I got a better educated source. You may or may not be a candidate for something like hcg, just my opinion on finding a good doc that understands all possible routes.

Grondi

Winning85

Winning85

Awards
Perrigo has been known to make bad batches from there Portugal facilities I know because I had a blood work of 101 total t on 150mg of their cup . It’s Pharma . Got it at Walgreens

Pigskinplayer

Pigskinplayer

Awards
Perrigo has been known to make bad batches from there Portugal facilities I know because I had a blood work of 101 total t on 150mg of their cup . It’s Pharma . Got it at Walgreens
Mine is made by Hospira, a Pfizer company. Lake Forest, Illinois. Get it at Rite Aide Pharmacy.

Every research I find says Sub Q is a slower absorption rate due to less blood vessels as opposed to IM. So maybe I'm getting a trickle rate on my injections.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how many days after your last im shot was blood taking?

Pigskinplayer

Pigskinplayer

Awards
how many days after your last im shot was blood taking?
I've been injecting Sub Q every 3.5 Monday morning and Thursday night. I draw closest to my trough at about 2pm on Thursday. Also did the same when I was doing IM in the quad.