Swollen feet from anabolics?

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been on a high dose of TRT

My levels were at 1200 ng/dl

I’ve also been on 2iu of HGH 4 days week(training days)

My bloods all came back okay. Little high on hemoglobin but I donated blood once I saw that.

But recently at night around 10:30pm my feet get swollen and red and just feel uncomfortable.

I walk around 5 miles a day for work. Plus I do 45 min cardio 7x a week (zone 1 or zone 2 low intensity) not sure if that would play a role or not.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I do keep my sodium high and my fluid intake is 1 to 1.5 gallons daily

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Curious to replies on this one as it sometimes happens to me as well, on mk not gh other than that sounds like our work and protocols are pretty similar

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Usually water retention around the feet or swollen feet is sign of very bad kidney stress. Even if it’s not kidneys your body is telling you something’s wrong.
You say you keep sodium high? I assume good quality sodium like pink salt? Or random sodium from whatever

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually water retention around the feet or swollen feet is sign of very bad kidney stress. Even if it’s not kidneys your body is telling you something’s wrong.
You say you keep sodium high? I assume good quality sodium like pink salt? Or random sodium from whatever
I use pink Himalayan sea salt. But I am guilty of using soy sauce 3x a day.

Maybe I need to cut back on the soy sauce?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use pink Himalayan sea salt. But I am guilty of using soy sauce 3x a day.

Maybe I need to cut back on the soy sauce?
I would get bloodworks and test kidneys complete blood test, c-reactive protein (body inflammation) and complete liver panel too. Explain to the doctor what’s happening and what you’re running and they’ll add tests to the ones I named

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This started happening to me in April, they got really swollen, red and hot... they have settled down now, but every now and then they swell up... I have indentations from my socks everyday too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Swap 2 or 3 of those soy sauce applications for something lower sodium (even hot sauce will be much lower; everything is lower than soy sauce) and see if things improve first.

If they do, it will be extremely soon, and you’ll know it’s from too high sodium in conjunction with your hormonal setup. So you would just lower daily sodium intake.

Bragg’s Liquid Aminos is a terrific soy sauce replacement with radically lower sodium.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GH will cause swelling of the soft tissue of the hands, feet, and face. Which is why you see a lot of pro bodybuilders with oven mitt hands and big moon faces.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cut way back on the soy sauce and have noticed a massive difference. Time to mix it up and try some different sauce alternatives.

My late night gym sesh with 400grams of rice post workout with a **** ton of soy sauce is probably why I was getting so swollen.

Thanks everyone for the advice. If I continue to have issues I’ll get bloods checked again.