Switching from IM to sub q, help?

Mimbuild

Mimbuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I’m struggling to figure out which size needle I should use for sub q injections and I’d like some opinions on sub q in general as well as what the best size and place is.

I’m wanting to do sub q in my glutes but I can’t find much of anything about other people doing it. Is it bad or just not common?

what size syringe should I use if I wanna do sub q in my belly fat? What size for my glutes?

Thanks!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
what are you injecting? for water stuff 31 gauge works for most subq. if you want to try to get it between the layer of fat and the muscle you might need 29 gauge in some areas

Mimbuild

Mimbuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
what are you injecting? for water stuff 31 gauge works for most subq. if you want to try to get it between the layer of fat and the muscle you might need 29 gauge in some areas
Testosterone cypionate so it will be thick. I am super lean so wouldn’t a .5” possibly be too big? If im super lean wouldn’t like 5/16” be best?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Technically any gauge/length needle will work, you could just as easily do sub q with a 1.5" length as a 5/16"....just depends on how far you choose to insert it. Personally I use 1/2" 25 or 27 gauge sub q. Pinch up the skin with your free hand, insert at roughly 45 degree angle all the way to the hub, easy peasy.

Mimbuild

Mimbuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Technically any gauge/length needle will work, you could just as easily do sub q with a 1.5" length as a 5/16"....just depends on how far you choose to insert it. Personally I use 1/2" 25 or 27 gauge sub q. Pinch up the skin with your free hand, insert at roughly 45 degree angle all the way to the hub, easy peasy.
I believe I am being sent 27G-.5”. Where do you prefer to inject sub q? I’m so lean that I really only have small fat deposits around my belly button area and my glutes. I would prefer glutes but I’ve never done an injection there and I’m a bit confused. Seems like some people sit down and do it on near the hip area and some do it actually in the butt cheek.

Also do you ever have annoying oil deposits that you can feel? I’ve heard about this a lot.

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe I am being sent 27G-.5”. Where do you prefer to inject sub q? I’m so lean that I really only have small fat deposits around my belly button area and my glutes. I would prefer glutes but I’ve never done an injection there and I’m a bit confused. Seems like some people sit down and do it on near the hip area and some do it actually in the butt cheek.

Also do you ever have annoying oil deposits that you can feel? I’ve heard about this a lot.
Yeah, basically anywhere it's convenient to pinch up even a small bit of skin/fat should be sufficient. Opinions might vary but I've never found it necessary to find a spot where you can grab a BIG chunk of fat. Just as long as it's not like the back of your hand and you'll be totally fine IMO. :)

I prefer anywhere around the oblique or hip/side of ass spots as those seem the most comfortable for me. From a sitting position, even the top of the thigh right up near the hip I've found to be fine. I used to do daily GH injects and did those mainly on either side of my belly button; definitely got the occasional lump or slight irritation, but it being cold and water based probably contributed to that too. Trying to do subq in the typical glute region would be a bit awkward (unless you're super flexible Gumby style) since you'd be reaching pretty far back to either side.

Honestly, I almost never end up with any discernable lump from a subq injection. And that's even injecting my current dose of 0.45ml, so it's not a miniscule amount. Also, I recommend taking your time and injecting relatively slow, be it subq or IM. I've found that rushing/injecting as quickly as possible causes more immediate discomfort and potential PIP.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, basically anywhere it's convenient to pinch up even a small bit of skin/fat should be sufficient. Opinions might vary but I've never found it necessary to find a spot where you can grab a BIG chunk of fat. Just as long as it's not like the back of your hand and you'll be totally fine IMO. :)

I prefer anywhere around the oblique or hip/side of ass spots as those seem the most comfortable for me. From a sitting position, even the top of the thigh right up near the hip I've found to be fine. I used to do daily GH injects and did those mainly on either side of my belly button; definitely got the occasional lump or slight irritation, but it being cold and water based probably contributed to that too. Trying to do subq in the typical glute region would be a bit awkward (unless you're super flexible Gumby style) since you'd be reaching pretty far back to either side.

Honestly, I almost never end up with any discernable lump from a subq injection. And that's even injecting my current dose of 0.45ml, so it's not a miniscule amount. Also, I recommend taking your time and injecting relatively slow, be it subq or IM. I've found that rushing/injecting as quickly as possible causes more immediate discomfort and potential PIP.
Good Info Here !

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
does injecting test into fat cause extra aromatization ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's an interesting question and based on the study linked below, the answer would be 'no':

That looked at 100mg test C intramuscular vs 100mg test E subq once per week and they measured slightly lower E2 in the test subjects that received subq.

My n=1 anecdote is that 3x weekly shallow IM vs 3x weekly subq at the same dose results in relatively similar E2 levels (I generally hover a bit above the top of the range, and don't use an AI).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the basic idea is that injecting into fat results in a lower peak of test in the blood, which itself tends to result in less aromatisation.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My n=1 anecdote is that 3x weekly shallow IM vs 3x weekly subq at the same dose results in relatively similar E2 levels (I generally hover a bit above the top of the range, and don't use an AI).
I'm similar. For me what has a much more profound affect on aromatisation, for the better, is keeping bodyfat less than 15%. There's nothing magical about 15%, it's merely the objective line I've drawn that seems to cater to most benefits and minimise most negatives (so p-ratios, insulin sensitivity, and aromatisation).

tsplittorff

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I’m struggling to figure out which size needle I should use for sub q injections and I’d like some opinions on sub q in general as well as what the best size and place is.

I’m wanting to do sub q in my glutes but I can’t find much of anything about other people doing it. Is it bad or just not common?

what size syringe should I use if I wanna do sub q in my belly fat? What size for my glutes?

Thanks!
Hey my dude.

I was actually giving sub q a go last week. Using 30g 1/2". I tried my stomach my glutes and my quads.
A few things I learned.....
Injecting 45 degree angle didnt seem to help lower pip or really seem any different so that seems unnecessary.
Also pinching up the fat in the belly area before injecting seemed to make pip worse so imo also unnecessary.
Had semi -uncomfortable pip and lumps everywhere I injected sub q but if I had to choose Id rather have less pain while being active soooo Id go for the belly.
Was shooting test e 250, sust 300, deca 300 if that matters to you......

Yesterday I said f it and did a IM glute with 23ga 1". Only pip is if I actually touch it, nothing while im active or sedentary.

I dunno if this helps at all but at least this is recent first hand anecdotal, not something Im regurgitating from somewhere.
Results may vary.
Happy Pinning

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Injection into the fat or sub q is going to give a slower release of the hormone, less spikes typically=less estrogen.

To the op, any size needle can go sub q, you just gotta place it in the right spot. 27-31 will be more comfortable. 27-28 will be better for oil. Sub q in the stomach kinda sucks unless you got a lot of stomach fat, it's no fun having little hard bumps in your stomach for up to a week. Keep injection small with oil, or pin sub q in the glute, any 1/2in pin will probably put you sub q in the glute