Sweet taste during workout

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
During heavy workouts, especially leg day, I get a really sweet taste in my mouth. Tastes almost like liquid sugar. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing this. I am bulking so I doubt it would be caused by ketosis. . . Could it be a reflection of my blood sugar levels?

Thanks fellas,
cc

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You're so sweet you even have candied saliva.

I know, that wasn't helpful and was more than a little creepy..but it had to be done.

I've never heard of this althoug sometimes when I do heavy cardio after not doing it for awhile, I get super thick saliva that is somewhat sweet now that I think about it. It goes away quickly.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
You're so sweet you even have candied saliva.

QUOTE]

Thanks babe, you're not so bad yourself :run:

It doesnt feel thicker, if anything it feels less viscous and its not entirely unpleasant.

cc

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
Do you use artificial sweetners? Sometimes if I had a lot of splenda ill get a sweet taste in my mouth later in the day. Try brushing your teeth before the gym and see if it still comes.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Do you use artificial sweetners? Sometimes if I had a lot of splenda ill get a sweet taste in my mouth later in the day. Try brushing your teeth before the gym and see if it still comes.
no, not using any sweetners... and it only happens during/after heavy workouts. I am aware that some type II diabetics get a 'juicy fruit' taste in their mouths but I am not diabetic.
cc