SUSHIIIIIIIII!!!!

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
Ok I know sushi has your carbs, protien and occasionally greens but how would this fare as a post workout meal for ex. an all you can eat buffet of quality sushi (not the cheap kind with flies around it)?

About how long would it take for raw fish to digest compared to cooked?

ecupirate

Awards
I know raw food is better for you like raw vegies. I'm not sure about raw meat though. I go to a sushi buffet also. I love it after a workout. I think you will be fine eating it as a postwork meal IMO

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing something about the evolution of man(dont care about your beleifs) and the scientists said that a big step in the developement of our brains was when we started to cook our meat because it caused chemical changes that allowed more of the protien to be absorbed. So from stuff like that and just reading around it is my understanding that raw foods aren't as efficient calorie/nutriant wise.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
IF I am right, wich I think I am...this does mean you can eat more lol.

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
Damn sushi sounds good right now too :/

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
no its perfect postworkout. if you are gonna eat white rice you might as well do it postWO. plus with elevated anabolism you'll absorb a ton of protein, since nobody eats just 1-2 rolls..usually all you can eat type deal

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember seeing something about the evolution of man(dont care about your beleifs) and the scientists said that a big step in the developement of our brains was when we started to cook our meat because it caused chemical changes that allowed more of the protien to be absorbed. So from stuff like that and just reading around it is my understanding that raw foods aren't as efficient calorie/nutriant wise.
This is actually up for debate. Neanderthals were cooking with fire far before humans ever hit the scene. Neanderthals also had larger brains than humans.

Others believe it was the consumption of meat in general, especially the omega-3 rich grass grazing animals that promoted the evolulation of the brain from australopitheces (sp? i butchered that) to humo erectus.

Br