suppversity DMAA/oxyelite pro

DieselJD

Awards
Did anyone see the article on suppversity about dmaa/oxyelite? I cant post links yet or else I would have put it in here.

Do you think the same would hold true for dmha products now? Just looking for opinions or info from some of the smarter people out there!

DieselJD

Awards
For accuracy, Adel was a little confused - the version that was out when the problems happened contained Cynanchum Auriculatum and didn't contain DMAA.
Yeah I noticed that. I was more interested in the decreased performance issue after sustained use.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Same. I was actually thinking about trying out a DMAA supp to see what all the hoopla is, especially compared to Ephedrine... NOT NOW :D

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same. I was actually thinking about trying out a DMAA supp to see what all the hoopla is, especially compared to Ephedrine... NOT NOW :D

implosive nature of the forums doesn't allow for thought, so lets think:

being that the supplement doesn't only contain DMAA and is not meant to increase performance.

Lastly for those that care to read before passing judgement, performance effect was at Maximum dose of 6 caps chosen by the researchers. the recommended was ONE-THREE Caps a day....

lastly,lastly, the proof of safety just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
lastly,lastly, the proof of safety just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
Here's the Suppversity link, little easier to read:

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/12/dmaa-oxyelitepro-good-bad-and-downright.html

In said study, the rats were divided in control, 4.3 mg OEP/kg (1/2 cap in human equivalents, HED), 12.9 mg OEP/kg (~1 cap HED) and 25.8 mg OEP/kg (1.5-2 caps, HED).
12.9mg/kg (Rat) * 6 Km Factor (Rat) / 37 Km Factor (Human) = ~2.1mg/kg Human Dose. 100kg Man = 210mg, which is close to the 220mg (which includes the 100mg Caffeine) per cap dose of the DMAA version.

And this isn't really about USPLabs anyway, it's about DMAA and a possible performance decrease - there's quite a few companies out there still selling it.

Also, the tested version contained DMAA (obviously). This means it didn't contain the crushed up Cynanchum Auriculatum roots (not an "Extract" as listed) which some think were the problem, safety wise:

Attachments

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's the Suppversity link, little easier to read:

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/12/dmaa-oxyelitepro-good-bad-and-downright.html

12.9mg/kg (Rat) * 6 Km Factor (Rat) / 37 Km Factor (Human) = ~2.1mg/kg Human Dose. 100kg Man = 210mg, which is close to the 220mg (which includes the 100mg Caffeine) per cap dose of the DMAA version.

And this isn't really about USPLabs anyway, it's about DMAA and a possible performance decrease - there's quite a few companies out there still selling it.

Also, the tested version contained DMAA (obviously). This means it didn't contain the crushed up Cynanchum Auriculatum roots (not an "Extract" as listed) which some think were the problem, safety wise:

you can't conclude that DMAA was responsible is the point.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
you can't conclude that DMAA was responsible is the point.

Yes, true, I agree:

...one may speculate that at least part of the exercise-induced adaptational response may be blunted in response to the either DMAA or one of the other supplement ingredients, namely the undisclosed amounts of Bacopa Monnieri, Bauhinia Purpurea, Cirsium Oolygophyllum, or Yohimbe bark extract
And fair is fair - Rats don't always equal people. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Cant go around laughing at Rats with +10,000% Testosterone increases from a plant, but then turn around and hold them up as the gold standard in this study.