supplements to PREVENT gynecomastia?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I'm male 35 and lately I've been dealing with some low T/thyroid symptoms, such as low body temperature (chilling hands), anxiety, overthinking, worrying and brain fog.
Last year I took bloodworks and they showed low vit D and low LH, so I've started vitamin D and magnesium. I'm going to retake exams them in March and see if the levels improved.

In the meantime, considering my issues, I'm thinking about doing a trial with one among: tongkat ali, shilajit, ashwagandha, cordyceps. If I've understood well, they could help in boosting testosterone, thyroid and LH.

However, I've seen that in some cases the increase in testosterone could lead to an increase in estrogen via aromatase, thus potentially causing gynecomastia.

According to your opinion, which supplements could be useful in preventing gynecomastia?

Not strictly related to the original question, but I'm considering also brewer's yeast and lecithin - do you have any experiences with these?

Thanks a lot!

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I won't claim to be an expert, but I don't think the compounds you have listed give you much risk of aromatization or are really a concern for raising estrogen at all. You should be safe to run them without worrying about potential gyno - especially if you don't already have gyno issues.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I won't claim to be an expert, but I don't think the compounds you have listed give you much risk of aromatization or are really a concern for raising estrogen at all. You should be safe to run them without worrying about potential gyno - especially if you don't already have gyno issues.
from someone who HAS had issued with gyno in the far past - I've used all four of those items multiple times without causing any issues or flare ups

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not worry about any of those 4 supplements and gyno.... at all. If you ever did have any estro sides (which I highly doubt you will) you can add in an OTC ai like virtus which would shut it down quickly.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys, I think I'll give it a go.

Another question: since I have some worrying, overthinking and OCD-like symptoms, and high histamine (I have hay fever and a TH2-dominant autoimmune disease), I'm wondering if the root cause of my issues could be undermethylation. Do you think that supplementing with TMG/betaine and maybe Co-Q10 could help? Do I have to take it along with a B complex?

Thanks

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The supplements you're taking are not going to increase testosterone beyond levels you could get exogenously (eg: by using AAS), so you really have very little concern about getting gyno. I got gyno when I was around 18 and didn't know what I was doing and took an androstenedione and DHEA supplement.

But, there is no real OTC supplement that is going to prevent gyno. You're going to have to get something like a SERM or AI to prevent it if it's a real concern of yours. If you start to have itchy, puffy nipples those are the first signs of gyno.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For otc AI's Virtus and Letrone are the strongest and should be more than strong enough to tackle any E2 issues created with any otc T boosters. Other than AI's I think the already mentioned E Cottonii is the only otc supp to prevent gyno issues.

Some products that contain E Cottonii that come to mind are:
BLR Rebirth, Brawn Nutrition Anti E complete, Outbreak Nutrition Rise, Black Magic Super Natty.

E Cottonii could also raise LH as it's a natural serm.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also for the "anxiety, overthinking, worrying and brain fog" you mention you could check out SNS Stress and Anxiety Support, SNS KannaEase, some L-Theanine, Ashwagandha, Passion Flower..

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Also for the "anxiety, overthinking, worrying and brain fog" you mention you could check out SNS Stress and Anxiety Support, SNS KannaEase, some L-Theanine, Ashwagandha, Passion Flower..
thanks man, I'll look into these supps!
Related to ashwagandha, I'd like to do a trial with that: did you experience any side effect, such as anhedonia and/or loss of motivation?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
thanks man, I'll look into these supps!
Related to ashwagandha, I'd like to do a trial with that: did you experience any side effect, such as anhedonia and/or loss of motivation?
No I don't think I have experienced any sides with Aswahangha. But it's pretty mild supp for me at least, so the sides would be mild too by that logic and I could just not notest/realise the sides. For me it takes some days of use to see effects. It's a mild calming effect and might improve sleep a bit. Also can be beneficial for T levels, in theory at least.