Supplements to improve quality of life/perception of life.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird topic, but I couldn't phrase it better. Anyways, I am going to be moving farther out from my job in order to save money and I'll be doing what is dubbed as "supercommuting". I've read a lot about this, but what kind of supplements would you guys recommend to help keep the stress levels and what not down during commuting? There's a couple of adaptogens in mind but I wonder what else I could try. (Right now though, all I'm thinking of is Ashwagandha)

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
You might enjoy this - (I can’t post links yet, lol)

longecity.org/forum/topic/51802-gpc-choline-uridine-dha/

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AZOTH could be helpful, I am looking into getting some myself to try out..

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BLR NOOTROL is a worthy option. It contains centella asiatica, which promotes increased dopamine and serotonin levels. This helps you feel more alert and have more focus, which definitely helps improve perception.

Texanpride199

Awards
Second the AZOTH. Ashwagandha, Phosphatidylserine (500mgs) and 7 others stim-free noots. I buy a bottle every month. Changed my life.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Supercommuting sucks (trust me I've been there). And to be honest, I don't think there is a supplement that will make it any better. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that you're lucky for what you have compared to other people and that you're supercommuting for a reason. Wish I could recommend you a supplement, but I have not found anything for this. I was able to get through supercommuting because it was part of a larger goal for me.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Supercommuting sucks (trust me I've been there). And to be honest, I don't think there is a supplement that will make it any better. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that you're lucky for what you have compared to other people and that you're supercommuting for a reason. Wish I could recommend you a supplement, but I have not found anything for this. I was able to get through supercommuting because it was part of a larger goal for me.
^^^Agreed, the only thing to make it more bearable would be to make sure your car seat is comfortable, your heat and A/C work and you have some music or audiobooks to listen to.

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
^^^Agreed, the only thing to make it more bearable would be to make sure your car seat is comfortable, your heat and A/C work and you have some music or audiobooks to listen to.
.. a modern car with autopilot, like the Teslas or AMGs, etc., also helps.. a lot! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my .40 on my hip makes travelling much less stressful.

don't leave your cave without your club!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weird topic, but I couldn't phrase it better. Anyways, I am going to be moving farther out from my job in order to save money and I'll be doing what is dubbed as "supercommuting". I've read a lot about this, but what kind of supplements would you guys recommend to help keep the stress levels and what not down during commuting? There's a couple of adaptogens in mind but I wonder what else I could try. (Right now though, all I'm thinking of is Ashwagandha)
Without sleep quality of life goes down. Esp for people that break rapids amount of muscle down, like myself right now, I need more sleep.

something with magnesium and zinc helps calm the nerves and helps promote better sleep. Millennium Sports has MVP-365 and ZMK which are good for this, Esp when the zinc and magnesium , like in ZMK is dose before bedtime. Another good supplement is gaba. L glutamine seems to help taking alone pre sleep for me.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve used one bottle of NootropiMax at 1 cap a day when it first came out. It really is a difference maker in how I felt. I just was in a better mood for most of the day with increased focus. My plan for this is to use it pre workout and use a non stim powder to stack with it when I hit the gym.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've never even heard of the word till now haha.

How long is your commute?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
meditation and good nutrition

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ksm 66, lj100, SNS phenibut XT, tiantepine sulfate

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kratom

Occasional psilocybin/LSD experience

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
L-Theanine

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Marijuana

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meditation helps me a ton. deal with a clear mindset and connects me spiritually. Good nutrition is a must to feel well, keep blood sugar levels steady etc

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is a Super-Commute? I'm currently traveling 1.5 hours to work.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kratom

Occasional psilocybin/LSD experience
I’ve been thinking of trying microdosing psilocybin. I’ve never used a hallucinogen before, I figured shrooms would be safer than LSD to start out with since I’m not familiar with anything like that.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve been thinking of trying microdosing psilocybin. I’ve never used a hallucinogen before, I figured shrooms would be safer than LSD to start out with since I’m not familiar with anything like that.
There's lots to read up about, make sure you find a good source for whatever u may choose . They're similar imo but quite different as well. I'm well versed in both and might prefer one or the other based on a given environment/situation. I'd lean towards L in a microsoding environment since it lasts longer once ingested.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1.5 hours one way, 3 hrs round trip?
Yes. I'm an Union Insulator. For the most part, our territory can be covered in anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours, from where I live.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes. I'm an Union Insulator. For the most part, our territory can be covered in anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours, from where I live.
Insulator? Oh no.. Lol just kidding.

Isn't the law usually like anything over 2 hours you get compensated for? It may be different for Union.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Living near a costco helps right after your workout, hit the free sample tables and load up on free protein.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's lots to read up about, make sure you find a good source for whatever u may choose . They're similar imo but quite different as well. I'm well versed in both and might prefer one or the other based on a given environment/situation. I'd lean towards L in a microsoding environment since it lasts longer once ingested.
I'm convinced that microdosing lsd, psilocybin and or mescaline, is the next frontier for treating most depressive disorders

muscleman

muscleman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Phosphatidylserine Do you or anybody els? Whats your experiences?
I bought bulk powders phosphatidylserine made from soy but it is tasting kind of bitter, I suspect it has gone slightly rancid and then the health benefits might be close to gone as well-
But I dont know. I am not sure I notice the effects. First night I thought it was effective but I had also watch neurprofessor and hormone Andrew Huberman talk about and how it lowers cortisol. The bitter taste of my bulk powder though, suspect it is slightly bad....
Brain is made from that so makes sense and I am gonna try again but being on budget as usual I will try my bulk pwder source again