Supplements that have the best feel good?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Folks.

Is thier anything on the market that could fill in for Alcohol? Just been browsing holidays just now thier.. Going to book a sun winter holiday. But.... A dont want to do Alcohol it just gets me into states that i would rather not be. It's the one thing that makes me lose alot of my fitness goals also as the next day is always a major binge so it just mess's up diets etc

Just something that makes you feel good overall? Alcohol does make me feel good but control isn't my greatest of things. If i could do a couple and stop then that would be ideal but i genuinely cant. Ive booked self catering this year also so the all inclusive isnt too tempting.

I have Phenibut but it doesn't do much for me. Played with different doses etc

Any ideas?

Thanks

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi Folks.

Is thier anything on the market that could fill in for Alcohol? Just been browsing holidays just now thier.. Going to book a sun winter holiday. But.... A dont want to do Alcohol it just gets me into states that i would rather not be. It's the one thing that makes me lose alot of my fitness goals also as the next day is always a major binge so it just mess's up diets etc

Just something that makes you feel good overall? Alcohol does make me feel good but control isn't my greatest of things. If i could do a couple and stop then that would be ideal but i genuinely cant. Ive booked self catering this year also so the all inclusive isnt too tempting.

I have Phenibut but it doesn't do much for me. Played with different doses etc

Any ideas?

Thanks
How about dealing with your potential dependency instead of finding something else?

N-Acetylcysteine helps reduce cravings for all kinds of substances, addiction, etc.:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28898494

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26592462

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25771148

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24676047

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24613240

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24442756

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161214115027.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4009342/

Also Agmatine:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288735721_Effect_of_agmatine_on_alcohol-drinking_behavior_in_alcohol-preferring_FHWjd_rats

...sorry, I spent all my time on NAC and I am out of time - but those two substances are well known for helping with addictive behaviors and dependence.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From a purely recreational perspective (not something that you'd want to take daily), I enjoy kratom. With that said, is self control an issue for you with substances in general, or just alcohol? I ask because kratom also carries at least some risk of dependence/addiction, so if that's something you feel you are prone to, it may not be the best option.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive read that Phenibut has been used to help people with Alcohol addiction.
But it also can be addictive as well, when used to frequently.

Personally I would look into Nootropics.
Maybe give Focus XT a try first, it provides lots of clarity, and clean energy.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another vote for SNS FOCUS XT. It's been recommended by many on this forum for focus, mood, and energy.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've read Kratom can give you some good feels. I won't mess with it. You can feel pretty good taking L Theanine with Theacrine. I feel like the guy in Limitless on that combo.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry lads i have read that back and it does sound like an alcoholic story lol

Im defo not. I can go a month or 2 without any alcohol at all but.... What i meant to say was when i do drink it becomes a binge when i do start (Especially on a lads holiday) but i dont actually have any cravings for it over this. I like having a drink but a binge isnt worth it. I have gained the best physique in my life so alcohol isnt something i really want. Just fancied that week where i can have something just as an *extra* and leave alcohol out the equation

Kratom? Is it easily purchased in the U.K ?

Thanks guys

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've read Kratom can give you some good feels. I won't mess with it. You can feel pretty good taking L Theanine with Theacrine. I feel like the guy in Limitless on that combo.
Theanine was another one I was going to mention - along with Melissa Officionalis. I would imagine these would take the edge off.

Sorry lads i have read that back and it does sound like an alcoholic story lol

Im defo not. I can go a month or 2 without any alcohol at all but.... What i meant to say was when i do drink it becomes a binge when i do start (Especially on a lads holiday) but i dont actually have any cravings for it over this. I like having a drink but a binge isnt worth it. I have gained the best physique in my life so alcohol isnt something i really want. Just fancied that week where i can have something just as an *extra* and leave alcohol out the equation

Kratom? Is it easily purchased in the U.K ?

Thanks guys
Yeah, I'm not accusing you of anything, I don't know. What you originally described sounds like you have a slight issue - and your follow-up defense actually makes it sound more so. Having said that, I'm not judging. You are CLEARLY trying to make the right decisions consciously. The issue is, some of our issues like this aren't just conscious - there is often underlying chemistry. So I am not judging you in any way.

Something too keep in mind - people with eating disorders can go a long time without food (and often have no "cravings") and then suddenly break down and binge.

Full blown alcoholics can go years without a drink, only to fall off the wagon and disappear for a weekend.

On the other hand - normal people have periods of binge eating and bad drinking weekends too. It becomes an issue of degree and the surrounding characteristics/situations.

And, you are obviously showing "seeking" behaviors here. You want a feeling, and you know you should avoid alcohol, so you're looking for a replacement. This is basically the gateway drug pattern. Oxycodone doesn't fit my needs exactly anymore, but I can't give up the high, so I'll find something else...but you are falling into the same addictive pattern with a new drug - kratom and phenibut have their own addiction potential.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying there is anything "wrong" with you, just that we all have things that our self-control is no match for. I have lots of things like that. Sometimes it is best to not start anything that goes down that path, rather than try to rely on self-control that keeps failing.

And beyond what you've said here, I don't know you - so who am I to diagnose anything about you, including alcoholism. I'm just reflecting what I am (mis)interpreting.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are you supposed to feel something other than tired with phenibut? I love the stuff for deep sleep. I take 1.5 grams of SNS phenibut xt on occasion (only 1 time every week or two) when I want comma like sleep. Feels great when I wake up. What would a recreational dosage be?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything with Eria Jarensis extract. Oxymax XT, Conqured Unleashed, etc. EJ extract gives of one heck of a euphoric feeling.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mentioned you didn't get anything from phenibut. Its been six months since I used any phenibut and for sleep it has worked for myself and relaxation a bit. Obviously caffeine is the most widely used drug out there and I use it pre workout and before cardio . There's a good caffeine read on dosing studies in the supplement section someone posted.

Somethings I had heard in my fifteen years in this supplement game people raved about at first , then said the effects diminished is chocamine. Ive never experimented with it; although for short term use it might be worth a shot.

Ive experimented with tyrosine and that gives a nice boost. Ive done lots of logs on here with nootropics, sulbutiamine, piracetam and choline. Ive experimented with pea, pea and hordenine. Something you could try is shred ultra by Millennium sports , it has pea and hordenine and some other mood boosters.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it easily sourced?
It's easily enough to get online here in the US. You mentioned the UK though, which seems to be a different story. MileHigh Kratom (the source I use and that other people here use and enjoy) says on their website that they only ship in the US. Honestly, I'm not even entirely sure of the legality of kratom in the UK. A recent thread on Reddit said that kratom is banned in the UK under the Psychoactive Substances Act since March 2016, so it probably wouldn't be all that easy/legal to get in the UK.