Supplements for Partial Rotator Cuff Tear

tallbikerguy

Awards
Hey fellas, I have a small partial rotator cuff tear on my left shoulder and I don't want to do surgery, nor does my surgeon recommend it. However, I get pain when I work out.

I have already tried Glucosamine for 3 months (the triple strength one) and I have been taken Omega 3 Fish Oil for a while. I recently read that Super Cissus Rx from USP Labs works well for tendons and ligaments. Has anyone had any experience.

Here are the supps I take on a daily basis, please comment as I'd like to know if I can mix them all as I am.

1 pill of One-A-Day multivitamins for Men
2 pills of Super Cissus Rx 10 minutes before breakfast and 2 more 10 minutes before my last meal, as directed on the bottle.
1 pill of Omega 3 Fish Oil for breakfast and 1 at night.

I am also thinking of starting on SuperMastervol and 4-AD as soon as my shoulder gets better, and then do a PCT with Arom-X

I basically want to know if I can still take all those pills and add the anabolics without having any problems

Thanks!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using the super cissus RX for tendon issues in my shoulder and knee...I've had good luck!

how long have you been taking it?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
don't take anabolics when you have any muscle, tendon, or ligament issues!

you want to be 100% for a while before you run anything.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am also thinking of starting on SuperMastervol and 4-AD as soon as my shoulder gets better, and then do a PCT with Arom-X

Thanks!
this isn't supposed to be discussed here, but you need a hell of a lot more for PCT than Arom-X! better start doing some research in the anabolic section before you think about that again.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I'd wait for the shoulder to heal more and then when ya think you are ready, avoid any "dry" ph or designer steroids because they dry your joints out and because of this the shoulder injury may flare up again.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas, I have a small partial rotator cuff tear on my left shoulder and I don't want to do surgery, nor does my surgeon recommend it. However, I get pain when I work out.

I have already tried Glucosamine for 3 months (the triple strength one) and I have been taken Omega 3 Fish Oil for a while. I recently read that Super Cissus Rx from USP Labs works well for tendons and ligaments. Has anyone had any experience.

Here are the supps I take on a daily basis, please comment as I'd like to know if I can mix them all as I am.

1 pill of One-A-Day multivitamins for Men
2 pills of Super Cissus Rx 10 minutes before breakfast and 2 more 10 minutes before my last meal, as directed on the bottle.
1 pill of Omega 3 Fish Oil for breakfast and 1 at night.

I basically want to know if I can still take all those pills and add the anabolics without having any problems

Thanks!
From my understanding, Glucosamine and Omega 3 Fish Oil will not do anything for a partial RC tear. They will aid other tissue types, not tendons (again, AFAIK).

I have used Cissus--just about every brand out there. It starts to feel better, and as soon as Cissus is stopped, pain comes right back. I've taken months off of lifting, and SLOWLY ease my way back in. Pain comes right back.

If you truly have a partial tear, I don't know if supps will ever truly heal you. Good luck, though--if you find something that works, shout about it from the rooftops, man!

ironman2005

Awards
From my understanding, Glucosamine and Omega 3 Fish Oil will not do anything for a partial RC tear. They will aid other tissue types, not tendons (again, AFAIK).

I have used Cissus--just about every brand out there. It starts to feel better, and as soon as Cissus is stopped, pain comes right back. I've taken months off of lifting, and SLOWLY ease my way back in. Pain comes right back.

If you truly have a partial tear, I don't know if supps will ever truly heal you. Good luck, though--if you find something that works, shout about it from the rooftops, man!
just had shoulder surgery on febuary 7 2008 still have pain but cant wait any longer to workout... so i dont suggest surgery unless you want to be on bed rest for a couple months and then have to go through months of physical theorpy so research the surgery first before making that decision.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Hey guys thanks for the quick replies. I just got started on the Cissus today. I am also going on Tuesday to get a second opinion on my shoulder to see what's up exactly. My doctor first said it was a partial RC tear but then he switched over to a tendinitis, and this is having the MRI in front of him! So I am going to another doc. I can do biceps with no pain, and even triceps, but when I do chest forget it!

djl

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys thanks for the quick replies. I just got started on the Cissus today. I am also going on Tuesday to get a second opinion on my shoulder to see what's up exactly. My doctor first said it was a partial RC tear but then he switched over to a tendinitis, and this is having the MRI in front of him! So I am going to another doc. I can do biceps with no pain, and even triceps, but when I do chest forget it!
Was the MRI with contrast/dye? Again, AFAIK, that's the only way to truly know if you have a tear or not.

Good luck, man; you don't realize how much you use your shoulders until it starts to hurt!

tallbikerguy

Awards
djl: No man, it wasn't with contrast. It was just a regular MRI scan. The guy says that the partial tear is really small, but then he said I just had tendinitis the last time I saw him. Obviously I haven't gone see him again after that insecurity he showed me! I am going for a second opinion on Tuesday and I'm gonna take the MRI cd with me

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
if you don't stop your training for at least 1 month you probably never recover , cissus and animal flex can help

ajensen11

Awards
I would stop all training for say a month and give the tendon time to heal, of course this is after you find out it is truly the tendon that is torn.

Just for your peace of mind, it is easier to build muscle you have lost (recently) then it is to build brand new muscle. Since this would be my main reason for not lifting for a given time.

Also, using an anabolic will increase muscle size and strength but your tendons and ligaments still grow at the same slow rate. So you would be putting more strain on already weak connective tissue.

ajensen11

Awards
just had shoulder surgery on febuary 7 2008 still have pain but cant wait any longer to workout... so i dont suggest surgery unless you want to be on bed rest for a couple months and then have to go through months of physical theorpy so research the surgery first before making that decision.
I would wait until you regain all of your flexibility in your shoulder to start lifting again. I think it took me around 6-9 months to come back to where I was, but of course this was pitching and had nothing to do with lifting.

tallbikerguy

Awards
My injury occurred last year in February and I have taken 3 times off at a time, twice and nothing. The surgeon said the tear is small to be considered for surgery but **** that little guy hurts! When I don't work out, my shoulder does not hurt at all. It only hurts when I do chest, either the bar or the Dumbells

ajensen11

Awards
My injury occurred last year in February and I have taken 3 times off at a time, twice and nothing. The surgeon said the tear is small to be considered for surgery but **** that little guy hurts! When I don't work out, my shoulder does not hurt at all. It only hurts when I do chest, either the bar or the Dumbells
That's why they told me not to do any bench press or dips after my surgery. Even now I have to ice my shoulders after a chest day. If you have to work out, I would only go to 90 degrees with bench, or at most an inch or two above the chest. Also, try warming the shoulders up before, using like a 5 lb plate.

I had surgery on mine because my front was too lax and my back too tight, so I would suggest stretching your posterior rotator cuff(arm across chest).

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
did you do any rehab work? massage therapy, electrical stimulation, and rotator cuff work will get you down the path of recovery.

definitely add Cissus, for my shoulder Gluco/MSM only went so far and cissus really helped. you can also try devil's claw and turmeric (for pain/inflammation).

best advice has been to take time off and rehab it, it takes time. if you must bench, adopt a powerlifting style to your benching, it will help protect your shoulder a tad more.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also, if you must lift then lower the weight a bit and focus on form and time under tension. will put less strain on your connective tissue while stimulating muscle fibers.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I use bulk cissus, 5-8g daily, for my knee and my shoulder and it works great. Unfortunately, as mentioned above after I stop using it the pain comes back. I've also switched over to GVT for the time being until my shoulder heals a little more. It's still an intense workout but with emphasis on volume instead of intensity.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Yeah, I have done Physical Therapy and the whole nine. I had a chest workout today and I took a lot of weight off, just did reps. I also ice it down everyday after the gym. I have taken time off and it has not helped, pain has disappeared and then come right back. I am so looking forward to my doctor's appointment on tuesday for a second opinion! I already made a copy of the MRI cd and I will point out to the guy that if he wants to do an MRI with contrast I am fine with it. Let that insurance pay for it damnit!