supplements for ocd & libido problems from ssri?

ok2017

Awards
hi

im 32 years old man & i take Sertraline for ocd/depression. but there are two problems 1-it is not enough for my mood, 2-it ruined my libido.
so i want to add supplements help with these two problems.

for ocd/depression i tried to add:
inositol, omega3, magnesium, curcumin, multi: they helped a little.
ashwagandha: did not help at all.

for ssri related libido problem i tried : maca, ginkgo. they did not help at all.

thanks.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Ksm66, vitamin d3 and k2. Pine pollen, l-citrulline, p5p

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
hi

im 32 years old man & i take Sertraline for ocd/depression. but there are two problems 1-it is not enough for my mood, 2-it ruined my libido.
so i want to add supplements help with these two problems.

for ocd/depression i tried to add:
inositol, omega3, magnesium, curcumin, multi: they helped a little.
ashwagandha: did not help at all.

for ssri related libido problem i tried : maca, ginkgo. they did not help at all.

thanks.
Check out Rise and Swell. I use it any time I have some stamina issues (much is mental but having a little insurance makes a big difference).

http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/rise-and-swell/

Stacks great with prohormones muscleupjohn lol

Daff

Daff

Awards
  • Established
Get diesel test and raw test for libido
???

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are coming from the dopamine, prolactin pathway with zoloft.. you will have a tricky time enhancing your libido.. it wont be easy. As in order to reverse libido issues, you are reversing the way the medication works.. so you are basically countering the effects of the med.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you asked for supplement ideas but you could talk to your doctor about adding Bupropion. It's a common addition to Sertraline to counter libido issues (not to mention added antidepressant activity).

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is something I would really talk to your doctor about. There could be drug interactions that a board like this may not be aware of.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
As someone mentioned above only Wellbutrin (bupropion) can reverse this side effect. If it’s that life shattering consider switching to one of the newer SSRI type drugs...the only two (available in the US, not sure about Europe) are Trintellix and Viibryd. Both websites have savings cards for them makes it only $10/month copay. They have less sexual side effects due to the MOA