Supplements for brain and critical thinking

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I can agree there. 300 mg. per day is the dose that I can tell when I take; anything less than that and I couldn't tell I was taking it at all. I've done 300 mg. twice per day a couple times and liked that as well.

I want us to do a Sabroxy but that's been part of the delay is I wanted to find the right dose. I like 300 mg. but the actual clinical dose is 500 mg. twice per day. So I've been debating on doing 300 mg. caps or 500 mg. caps. Leaning towards 300 mg.
Could you do a large size of 100mg caps?

Almost seems like 250mg would be the best for caps so you can dose 2 caps to get to that 500mg serving. I’m probably just splitting hairs though. :)

Are people dosing this? Empty stomach with caffeine? With food?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think 200mg is my sweet spot so far. I don’t dose less than that but I have 100mg capsules so 100mg isn’t enough but I wouldn’t know if say 150mg or 250mg is better. I have a blend from a different brand with 18mg of 98% pure oroxylin a which ends up being about the same mg amount of oroxylin a as 200mg sabroxy and that works perfectly for me, too. I know some people are sensitive and will need less, though. I’ve tried 300mg once and not sure if I notice that much of a difference but I need to experiment more.
I like 300 mg. for me. I've tried 300 mg. twice per day and like that too; but I haven't tried more than 300 mg. at a time yet bc I've really been wanting to get a feel for it.

When I first started trying it, I was kind of disappointed because I couldn't feel anything at all at 100 mg. or 200 mg. But when I increased it to 300 mg. I really like it.

The clinical studies are on 500 mg. twice a day so I'm going to go up to 400 mg. this coming week and if all goes well 500 mg. the week after and see if I like that better.

I take KannaEase most days but I'd been taking it first thing in the morning and then spacing my Sabroxy out from it until yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I took KannaEase and Sabroxy together and washed it down with Focus XT (like I normally do). That was a fantastic effect - extremely focused and productive day and a lot more chilled out than normal. I had several things happen that would have normally really frustrated me and it they didn't distract me at all.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What's sabroxy/oroxylin? I couldn't find much about it on Google.
Mavup has done a good job with a quick overview. Like he said, its a little complex to explain to get really into it. I need to do a lot more research on it myself to get the info for the writeup on it exactly right.

Here's the link to the website which I believe has links to the studies or study info: https://sabroxy.com/sabroxy/how-it-works/
Keep in mind, they can't go into too much detail for liability reasons, but its a good start.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll see what I can dig up but it’s not super well known at this point, afaik. See my above comment for some info but outside of that, and I will try to write up more later, too. IIRC, sabroxy is min. 10% oroxylin a which is the DRI component, and then 15% baicalein and 6% chrysin. Oroxylin a is also a negative allosteric modulator of the benzodiazepine site of the GABA-A receptor (this *may be anxiogenic so those predisposed would probably need to be careful, although baicalein could attenuate that based on interactions with benzodiazepine and non-benzodiazepine GABA-A sites. I don’t think this is elucidated at this point but I find that magnolia bark, which has GABA-A PAMs, makes it smoother). Also, like I said above, it is a DRI without noradrenergic activity so it won’t feel pushy like phenypiracetam/NDRIs. I’ll write more about it later but oroxylin a may go beyond acute effects of DRI through modulation of CREB, BDNF, and NMDA receptors so there may be potential for neuroplasticity and cognitive effects. It also has antioxidant activity but I don’t recall the mechanism. It’s a new product but I have no doubt it’s powerful and I am careful what I stack it with.
Great explanation. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you write up on it.

I'll be trying to finish up research and do a write up on it this week, but I can't make some of the comparisons or go quite into the detail that you are with some things bc the FDA doesn't like certain comparisons, etc. So I'm looking very forward to yours.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could you do a large size of 100mg caps?

Almost seems like 250mg would be the best for caps so you can dose 2 caps to get to that 500mg serving. I’m probably just splitting hairs though. :)

Are people dosing this? Empty stomach with caffeine? With food?
I thought about that but the average person isn't going to want to take 5 to 10 caps per day.

I thought about 250 mg. as well but the issue there I worried about is that 300 mg. seems to be the point that for me and some others that it starts to work at, so not sure if it would at 250 mg. or not. I've debated 250 mg. caps, 300 mg. caps, and 500 mg. caps.

For me, its been empty stomach with either Focus XT or Energized Aminos, which are my caffeine sources. I normally do a Focus XT in the morning or early part of the day and then an Energized Aminos later in day.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only used it on 4 consecutive days (one of the days I used 2 caps). Those 4 days I felt overwhelmed. I could have been overstimulated. I could have just been having a bad week. I don’t know if it had anything to do with the product or combination of this with other products. I don’t know, but it was enough for me to stop using it.
Man, I felt the way with just the regular 7,8-dhf. Glad I didn't decide to try 4’-dma-7,8-dhf.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was very surprised by my response to it. I had never tried 7,8-dhf before.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting such a high level of anxiety/irritability from it either. Hopefully I have a better response to the liquid/sublingual bromantane and noopept headed my way...