Supplement to increase performance workload?

fauzool

Awards
What supplement can help me increase my workload in the week allowing me to recover faster/ workout more. Currently I’m training for endurance event.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ll skip the part about the significance of diet and training (by training, slowly building your way up).

Supplement wise, tons of options, but some of my favorites for this are LCLT and Peak02.

Creatine and Beta Alanine would also be great additions, but work more through saturation rather than an acute effect.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya there are a lot of different ways you could go with this so I'll try to be brief (but probably miss something anyways).

You could probably break it into two sections, looking more for recovery in the sense of between workouts (allow you to train again sooner) and recovery within workouts (to allow you to train more during a session), while keeping in mind that somethings may help with both.

Workout to workout recovery:
Creatine (3-5g training days) with too many studies to even try and narrow one down...

Beta Alanine (2-5g daily) with several studies showing improved endurance.

Nitrates at adequate doses show improvements in performance even in acute settings for running.

Citrulline at 4g+ improved soreness (this also showed improvements during training as well)

PeakO2 at 2-4g daily (mushroom blend, you could also look at them individually) increased VO2max, Power Output, and Time to Exhaustion.

Actigin both helps improve performance acutely and over time.

As far as products, I think finding an adequately dosed Nitrate product pre-workout or something like CEL Super Swole (which I am currently really enjoying that provides quite a few ergogenic ingredients) + daily Peako2 + Morphogen Hexagen (and optionally Synthagen) is a potent recovery and performance combo. I train more for performance than probably most on here and it is a go to for me. Add in CEL Anabolic Effect and I am in overdrive.

Keep the training properly planned and have the right nutritional intake and things should go well.

fauzool

Awards
Thank you! I’m currently taking beetelite for nitrates do you think this would be sufficient? If I was to take all those supplements as you listed it’s a little over budget for me.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you! I’m currently taking beetelite for nitrates do you think this would be sufficient? If I was to take all those supplements as you listed it’s a little over budget for me.
I can’t find the nitrate content of that product but if it’s high enough it would be fine.

I don’t suggest grabbing everything anyways, pick one or two that looks the most in line with what you want to improve and try that. That way you can tell if it helps.

If I had to pick one if you are really training for endurance I’d grab PeakO2 powder. Scivation sells some and it’s not too expensive.

fauzool

Awards
Awesome thanks I’ll try peak02 I found some from primaforce. As far as nitrates the beet elite product derives it’s nitrates from beets essentially the claims are its equal to 6 beets. If you had to choose another product but to enhance recovery to allow for potentially more training what one would that be?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What event are you training for?

Millennium Sport Cordygen V02 or Nan02 Elite with Proccor Ultra Octane would cover most bases.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
neuro p5 [preg] really gives me a boost in endurance.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Awesome thanks I’ll try peak02 I found some from primaforce. As far as nitrates the beet elite product derives it’s nitrates from beets essentially the claims are its equal to 6 beets. If you had to choose another product but to enhance recovery to allow for potentially more training what one would that be?
If I would choose one product, Hexagen, if I was choosing one more ingredient that would be tough, just pull one out of a hat haha

Only 5 you need:
caffeine, creatine, nitrate/beetroot juice, beta-alanine, bicarbonate.

Solid list, but you don't need anything and can certainly benefit from more than just those 5. ;)

fauzool

Awards

Millennium Sport Cordygen V02 or Nan02 Elite with Proccor Ultra Octane would cover most bases.
I’ll look into that I’m training for spartan world championships.

fauzool

Awards
If I would choose one product, Hexagen, if I was choosing one more ingredient that would be tough, just pull one out of a hat haha

Solid list, but you don't need anything and can certainly benefit from more than just those 5. ;)
For reference current supplement list:
Orange triad
Fish oil
Creatine hcl
Beta alanine
Acetly l carnitine
Beetelite
Athletic greens

i picked me up some peak02 and hexagen. One last question I’m currently taking athletic greens and I’m curious on your thoughts if I could substitute this for another supplement such as anabolic effect or synthagen. Do I really need a greens supplement if I’m taking orange triad? Also what are you thoughts on Millennium Sport Cordygen V02 or Nan02 Elite

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll look into that I’m training for spartan world championships.
OK, so you'd want to stick with lower levels of nitrates. I've found higher levels to interfere with judo, due to gripping and other stuff, where a pump is highly detrimental, and I could see that being the case in adventure races where you need to sprint up steep inclines, do monkey bars, hold sandbags, etc.

I can assure you millenium sport should be your best friend right now....

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Cordygen5 looks really good. I have PeakO2 from Primaforce but MST looks really good

fauzool

Awards
OK, so you'd want to stick with lower levels of nitrates. I've found higher levels to interfere with judo, due to gripping and other stuff, where a pump is highly detrimental, and I could see that being the case in adventure races where you need to sprint up steep inclines, do monkey bars, hold sandbags, etc.

Ok thanks! That instead of peak02?

fauzool

Awards

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think your stack looks pretty good and you could try the MST products instead of PeakO2 that is up to you. I haven't tried them before, so I can't compare, but now that its brought up maybe I'll give them a shot soon.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would, yes. MST cordyceps are the best I've tried. Cordygen 5 is for all day long effects, daily use; V02 is stronger, and dosable preworkout or daily; Nan02 is the strongest, but meant for acute effects. I've only used samples of Nan02, but sweet jesus.....it's good.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would, yes. MST cordyceps are the best I've tried. Cordygen 5 is for all day long effects, daily use; V02 is stronger, and dosable preworkout or daily; Nan02 is the strongest, but meant for acute effects. I've only used samples of Nan02, but sweet jesus.....it's good.
Meant to ask your preference, so glad you answered without me even asking haha

I think I'll pick some VO2 up to try next month or maybe the Nan02.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s been awhile since I tried the MST cordyceps product. I believe I used the cordygen V02 Ultra. Very good endurance on that one.

The MST Cordygen Nan02 product looks STRONG! I will definitely try that one in the future once my current cordyceps stash runs low.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
imo, MST is the gold standard for cordyceps.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Follidrone2 and
Peak02

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Follidrone2 and
Peak02

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The endurance I got from VasoBlitz was pretty darn good when lifting weights. But you might be getting too much of a pump for a Spartan race.

fauzool

Awards
Alright you guys I got MST Cordygen Nan02 after i purchased peak02 should I return peak02 or just use it with nan02?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem using both together, but start with one then add the other in later.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd just pick one for now, run it, then use the other one next and compare. Determine which seemed better for you then continue to use that one in the future.

fauzool

Awards
Thank you all once again! I’ve been looking into this his further and there is a lot of options. I’m seeing products such as cardarine and androcrine which are supposed to be excellent as well but don’t mess with your hormones.

ramses31

Awards
  • Established
Ya there are a lot of different ways you could go with this so I'll try to be brief (but probably miss something anyways).

You could probably break it into two sections, looking more for recovery in the sense of between workouts (allow you to train again sooner) and recovery within workouts (to allow you to train more during a session), while keeping in mind that somethings may help with both.

Workout to workout recovery:
Creatine (3-5g training days) with too many studies to even try and narrow one down...

Beta Alanine (2-5g daily) with several studies showing improved endurance.

Nitrates at adequate doses show improvements in performance even in acute settings for running.

Citrulline at 4g+ improved soreness (this also showed improvements during training as well)

PeakO2 at 2-4g daily (mushroom blend, you could also look at them individually) increased VO2max, Power Output, and Time to Exhaustion.

Actigin both helps improve performance acutely and over time.

As far as products, I think finding an adequately dosed Nitrate product pre-workout or something like CEL Super Swole (which I am currently really enjoying that provides quite a few ergogenic ingredients) + daily Peako2 + Morphogen Hexagen (and optionally Synthagen) is a potent recovery and performance combo. I train more for performance than probably most on here and it is a go to for me. Add in CEL Anabolic Effect and I am in overdrive.

Keep the training properly planned and have the right nutritional intake and things should go well.
What notable acute benefits have you noticed from Hexagen ?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just picked up morphobolic to give a short run of one bottle.
Their products are top notch, but this one I’m concerned with the ArA. Is this actually 1500mg of ArA, or since it’s in a capsule and therefore most likely a powder, is it the ArA content just 10% of the 1500mg.

ArA powder tends to be (IIRC) 10% ArA.

I have some SNS ArA on hand and each softgel is 625 mg of a ArA oil at 40% standardization yielding 250 mg of ArA.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their products are top notch, but this one I’m concerned with the ArA. Is this actually 1500mg of ArA, or since it’s in a capsule and therefore most likely a powder, is it the ArA content just 10% of the 1500mg.

ArA powder tends to be (IIRC) 10% ArA.

I have some SNS ArA on hand and each softgel is 625 mg of a ArA oil at 40% standardization yielding 250 mg of ArA.
Just picked up morphobolic to give a short run of one bottle.

looks great but yeah concerned about the ARA .. wonder if you'll only be getting 150mg instead of 1,500

i would advise of any ara products that dont list the oil content like aaron stated

i only know of Xgels & Xfactor when it comes to ARA

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand the concerns. I'll reach out to the company and see if I can get any more info. This statement is on their site:

MORPHOBOLIC contains a research supported 1,500mg Arachidonic Acid per serving

So I guess it seems as though its a full dose of 1500mg per serving but I will inquire

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand the concerns. I'll reach out to the company and see if I can get any more info. This statement is on their site:

MORPHOBOLIC contains a research supported 1,500mg Arachidonic Acid per serving

So I guess it seems as though its a full dose of 1500mg per serving but I will inquire
sounds good yea you want to know the percentage.. pretty positive its not 100% oil blend

if its at 40% then you are only getting 600mg from that 1500mg ..but yea keep us posted would be interested .. i see alot of co putting it out there but not listing the oil Standardization

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so heard back quickly from the owner which was nice. They do use arysyn as others do but can’t be listed on the bottle. When asked if the 1500mg is 40% standardization therefore yielding about 600mg of active ingredient, his response was:

“As far as I’ve seen that is accurate”

A bit of a cagey response but at least now we now. Also said the big hitter is the ursolic acid. I’ll give it a go

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
Ok so heard back quickly from the owner which was nice. They do use arysyn as others do but can’t be listed on the bottle. When asked if the 1500mg is 40% standardization therefore yielding about 600mg of active ingredient, his response was:

“As far as I’ve seen that is accurate”

A bit of a cagey response but at least now we now. Also said the big hitter is the ursolic acid. I’ll give it a go
That's pretty bad when it literally says "MORPHOBOLIC contains a research supported 1,500mg Arachidonic Acid per serving." on their site. Normally their labeling is on point, so this is sad. What's the point of open label if you lie about the content? If they mean 1500mg of a "Proprietary fat acid/oil blend" then that label is very misleading.

Last edited: