Supplement Recommendations?

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Hi all,

I'm 5'10 167 lbs, down from 220.
I work out 3-5 days a week (~hour a day lifting weights). Some calisthenics daily. And recently incorporating sprint sessions 1-2 times a week.
I do a 16-24 hour fast daily. Eat less than 1500 calories, all eggs/meat/cheese. I do not eat any carbs or take any supplements/vitamins/etc atm and have not for 6 months.
My goal has been get LEAN. I'm trying to get definition. I have decent size shoulders/back/chest/arms, but want to get leaner.
I'm kind of plateaued here at 167, where I'm lean and have muscle but my goal is trying to get a damn sixpack. I'm wondering are there any supplements I can take that can help me lose this last bit of fat to shred to show my abs? I was looking at True Shred but all I see are a bunch of incomplete logs. Can anyone recommend me some solid supplements? I've done PHs before, and a ton of stims, but none of them were drastic enough that I felt I needed. I'm thinking now's a good point to incorporate some supplements so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
INVICTUS

use my code THEBIGT and save 25% off at iconicformulations.com

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would recommend starting with forskolin. Start with about 50mg to assess your tolerance then work your way up. I prefer 100mg/day of 95% Forskolin. There are natural anabolics that contain forskolin, like AlphaMax. You could always look into that.

Side note, are you sure you are only eating 1500 and staying at that weight?

Have you tried increasing cardio or changing to a different type of cardio?

dbenj7

Awards
Hi all,

I work out 3-5 days a week (~hour a day lifting weights). Some calisthenics daily. And recently incorporating sprint sessions 1-2 times a week.
I do a 16-24 hour fast daily. Eat less than 1500 calories, all eggs/meat/cheese. I do not eat any carbs or take any supplements/vitamins/etc atm and have not for 6 months.
My goal has been get LEAN. I'm trying to get definition. I have decent size shoulders/back/chest/arms, but want to get leaner.
I'm kind of plateaued here at 167, where I'm lean and have muscle but my goal is trying to get a damn sixpack. I'm wondering are there any supplements I can take that can help me lose this last bit of fat to shred to show my abs? I was looking at True Shred but all I see are a bunch of incomplete logs. Can anyone recommend me some solid supplements? I've done PHs before, and a ton of stims, but none of them were drastic enough that I felt I needed. I'm thinking now's a good point to incorporate some supplements so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
That's not enough food man

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Trying to lean not bulk. Surprisingly keeping a lot of muscle. Been doing this for 6 months!

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi all,

I've tried going keto once and I didn't like the flat feeling, it felt like I had and lost a lot of muscle fullness. It may work for you, but I found carb cycling to be better for maintaining definition as you get leaner.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True Shred is definitely a product that will get that last bit of fat off. Take a look at Rockets log on True Shred in the supplement logs section. You could also look into Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Time to either fix your diet or increase your cardio.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
True Shred is definitely a product that will get that last bit of fat off. Take a look at Rockets log on True Shred in the supplement logs section. You could also look into Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy.
Thanks! This is what I was hoping to hear. I couldn't find any complete logs.

As for my diet/cardio. I'm sticking to my diet but I definitely need more cardio.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
I would recommend starting with forskolin. Start with about 50mg to assess your tolerance then work your way up. I prefer 100mg/day of 95% Forskolin. There are natural anabolics that contain forskolin, like AlphaMax. You could always look into that.

Side note, are you sure you are only eating 1500 and staying at that weight?

Have you tried increasing cardio or changing to a different type of cardio?
Just saw this. Yeah twice a week I fast 24 hrs so zero calories. The days I eat it's usually under 1500 but some days I go a little higher to 1700. But I always work out in a fasted state and I do sprints for cardio for HIIT.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi all,

SNS Yohimbine 2.5 or Alpha Yohimbine would be the way to go. You could pair it with higenamine as well (be careful of the stim level though) or TTA-500 (for a non stim option). These will absolutely cover you for targeting stubborn fat (a speciality of y hcl/ alpha y).

For a non stim, SNS has lean edge that is a good non stim burner that covers quite a few angles and also makes for an excellent stacker.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
I think I'm going to try just True Shred first so I can log just that without adding more variables.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just saw this. Yeah twice a week I fast 24 hrs so zero calories. The days I eat it's usually under 1500 but some days I go a little higher to 1700. But I always work out in a fasted state and I do sprints for cardio for HIIT.
If that’s really all the calories you eat daily that’s about 7,500 cals a week. You should be dropping weight very easily. I would look into the cause why you stopped losing weight. Maybe it’s time to up your calories ?

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
If that’s really all the calories you eat daily that’s about 7,500 cals a week. You should be dropping weight very easily. I would look into the cause why you stopped losing weight. Maybe it’s time to up your calories ?
I think it's lack of sleep tbh. When I get a good 8+ of sleep I typically drop 1-2lbs on the scale.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

Dang man that’s not much food! I’m 5’10 182 and I’m losing weight at 2400 cal per day.

I know you you’re main goal is to get lean but you might have to get your cals back up, build some more lean muscle first and then after resetting your metabolism go back to getting leaner.

Have you tested your bf%?

What are your big 3 lifts like? Just wondering if you are also relatively strong/carrying much muscle or not.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Dang man that’s not much food! I’m 5’10 182 and I’m losing weight at 2400 cal per day.

I know you you’re main goal is to get lean but you might have to get your cals back up, build some more lean muscle first and then after resetting your metabolism go back to getting leaner.

Have you tested your bf%?

What are your big 3 lifts like? Just wondering if you are also relatively strong/carrying much muscle or not.
I mean I've lost weight as I'm down from 220! I'm not very strong at deadlifts/squats since I have a tendency to get pinched nerves in my lower back and try to go light for that reason. I usually cap them at around 135-155 for 8-12x3-4 sets. Bench I typically do dumbbells at 70lbs but can press with a barbell up to 205. Isolated I can armcurl up to 110 and skull crush 100+ so I'm not too bad. Strength hasn't been my focus, strictly leaning. I'm decently sized though muscle wise considering. Can post pics if it'll help

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I mean I've lost weight as I'm down from 220! I'm not very strong at deadlifts/squats since I have a tendency to get pinched nerves in my lower back and try to go light for that reason. I usually cap them at around 135-155 for 8-12x3-4 sets. Bench I typically do dumbbells at 70lbs but can press with a barbell up to 205. Isolated I can armcurl up to 110 and skull crush 100+ so I'm not too bad. Strength hasn't been my focus, strictly leaning. I'm decently sized though muscle wise considering. Can post pics if it'll help
Do you have zero interest in training to build muscle mass? Might not be a bad idea to reverse diet and build a little lean muscle while you are at it!

I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not the most experienced here but those calories are super low and there has to be a point when you stop lowering them

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Do you have zero interest in training to build muscle mass? Might not be a bad idea to reverse diet and build a little lean muscle while you are at it!

I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not the most experienced here but those calories are super low and there has to be a point when you stop lowering them
Thing is I bulk and build strength pretty easily. I've normally been well over 200lbs with a flat stomach and bulky. For me that's as easy as eating a lot of calories and lifting 5 days a week. This time though my goal is to get lean enough for a six pack THEN start clean bulking.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's lack of sleep tbh. When I get a good 8+ of sleep I typically drop 1-2lbs on the scale.
Quality sleep does play a huge role. I have sleep apnea and almost never use the machine because it sucks lol. But when I do and use a sleep aid I find my muscles are fuller and I recover a million times better

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
My experience is after being on a low calorie regimen ~800-1200 kc for a few weeks, my body shuts down my metabolism and does everything it can to preserve fat. So I either cycle with an extended refeed (3-4 days) to increase my basal metabolic rate or bulk up for a few months to really boost the BMR!

Then I go back on a keto. Slow and steady wins the race! I lost about 17 lbs. on a seven week keto (206 to 189) in May and June, and have been on a calorie/energy burning maintenance diet since July 1 while lifting weights 4-5 days a week. So far so good, I weighed in at 198 this AM and I’m guessing 5 lbs of added muscle this month. Of course, I was flat after the keto and my glycogen replenishment is about 5 lbs of that weight gain. That would mean I’ve lost maybe 1-2 lbs of fat.

I have my monthly body composition weigh-in tomorrow. We will see what the metrics are!

FYI, I’ve been told by nutritionists that Mother Nature has a way of compensating for starvation by reducing our metabolism in ways we don’t really understand...yet.

My guess is a four week maintenance or bulking diet will get your metabolism back up so you can go back on the keto and start burning that fat again. But everyone is different and your outcomes may not be as positive as mine.

Something to think about.

Good luck!

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
My experience is after being on a low calorie regimen ~800-1200 kc for a few weeks, my body shuts down my metabolism and does everything it can to preserve fat. So I either cycle with an extended refeed (3-4 days) to increase my basal metabolic rate or bulk up for a few months to really boost the BMR!

Then I go back on a keto. Slow and steady wins the race! I lost about 17 lbs. on a seven week keto (206 to 189) in May and June, and have been on a calorie/energy burning maintenance diet since July 1 while lifting weights 4-5 days a week. So far so good, I weighed in at 198 this AM and I’m guessing 5 lbs of added muscle this month. Of course, I was flat after the keto and my glycogen replenishment is about 5 lbs of that weight gain. That would mean I’ve lost maybe 1-2 lbs of fat.

I have my monthly body composition weigh-in tomorrow. We will see what the metrics are!

FYI, I’ve been told by nutritionists that Mother Nature has a way of compensating for starvation by reducing our metabolism in ways we don’t really understand...yet.

My guess is a four week maintenance or bulking diet will get your metabolism back up so you can go back on the keto and start burning that fat again. But everyone is different and your outcomes may not be as positive as mine.

Something to think about.

Good luck!
Definitely good information. Some days I've eaten heavy in an attempt to spike my metabolism but never days in a row. Will see if I can figure something out.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely good information. Some days I've eaten heavy in an attempt to spike my metabolism but never days in a row. Will see if I can figure something out.
Personally I would change the diet, food and sleep then look into a supp. A fat burner could help but not if those are not in check

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Quality sleep does play a huge role. I have sleep apnea and almost never use the machine because it sucks lol. But when I do and use a sleep aid I find my muscles are fuller and I recover a million times better
use the darned sleep machine, dangit….on top of everything else in the 1st 6 months of using, it increased my total test by 200!!!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
use the darned sleep machine, dangit….on top of everything else in the 1st 6 months of using, it increased my total test by 200!!!
Wow that’s amazing
Ya I’m using it again. And my pre cycle bloods showed my way at 286 :(
I need all the help I can get

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow that’s amazing
Ya I’m using it again. And my pre cycle bloods showed my way at 286 :(
I need all the help I can get
use it every night---I don't want any exceptions or excuses!!!:chairshot:

lol...you will thank me!!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi all,

Honestly you probably need to create a further deficit for yourself. You need to force your body to lose weight, but it doesn't want to. Personally if i had no carbs for 6 months and have been at 1500 Cal's, I would do an all out refeed around one of my harder workouts. So if you eat protein and fats normally, I would literally eat my self to sleep on carbs that day. That would shock your body and I wouldn't be surprised if you ultimately lost a pound or two after doing so and the water comes off. That should jump start your metabolism. I would probably do these refeeds once a week, after a hard workout. Then the next day I would train my weakest body part to take advantage of the glycogen and energy from the refeed.

Supplement wise you could do a fat burner like Cannibal Claw. The advantage of this is it speeds thyroid activity, rather than your adrenal system, to burn fat.

After all of that if it's still not enough, you need to drop some Cal's out or add in more activity and judging by your Cal intake already I would do that with caution.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I absolutely saw results with FITTHROID from Vital I believe? So much I ordered another bottle today.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Wouldn't carbs completely kill my ketosis and make me feel like crap? I know the better of refeeds on a nonketo diet but don't know how it'll do to a keto system.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wouldn't carbs completely kill my ketosis and make me feel like crap? I know the better of refeeds on a nonketo diet but don't know how it'll do to a keto system.
Yep. Definitely would. I was under the impression that you wanted to get lean, but didn't realize you needed to be on strict keto....

That's just my personal opinion, your not overweight and you lift weights so in my opinion full keto is simply not optimal, but that's as I said my opinion.

All that aside you probably will benefit most from adding in cardio at least once a day, everyday. Fasted AM is great, HIIT after training for 15 mins is very effective also. I just think instead of rushing to supplements you need to adjust your diet and training to further get you the results you want. There's alot of great fatburners, like the one I mentioned, but that should be secondary to your diet and training.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Heads up to the thread. Ordered muscle sculptor and true shred. Should I do a log?