Superbeets vs VASO6?

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've been drinking Superbeets beet juice powder for a few months now, two scoops a day, for the NO boost. I think it tastes good (although my wife thinks it tastes like dirt 😅), and I can tell it helps, but only some.

But since joining AM, I've learned of other options for NO, such as SNS VASO6. I read a great article on the NO pathway and mechanism behind VASO6 here. Very different from Superbeets, which is basically just chock full of nitrates. 😋

So my question is this: How do you think they compare, as in, which is more effective? Even if they're comparable, part of me wants to try and switch just to avoid the beeturia... 😳

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another angle to try would be SNS Blood Pressure Support XT. I'm enjoying performance and pump benefits.

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Another angle to try would be SNS Blood Pressure Support XT. I'm enjoying performance and pump benefits.
Do you find that it helps you lower your blood pressure, or just maintain it within an already healthy range? I take 10mg Lisinopril daily for blood pressure, and have since I was 20. Always interested in alternatives.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Neither, haha, just taking it for overall health and all the other benefits, outside blood pressure.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rotate them. That is what I tend to do, too much pump can be counterproductive for me.

2-3 months Nitrates then 2-3 months SNS Vaso-6, repeat forever.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My first thought for an answer to Superbeets vs. VASO6 would be to stack them.

But if I had to choose one, it would definitely be VASO6.

But that answer may be different for different people based on what they're using them for and also based on how they respond to them. I don't get as much out of nitrates as some people do; so for me, it would definitely be VASO6.

And I don't say that out of bias at all bc we're looking at doing a Beet Root powder product at some point this year; its just not something I respond well to personally.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you find that it helps you lower your blood pressure, or just maintain it within an already healthy range? I take 10mg Lisinopril daily for blood pressure, and have since I was 20. Always interested in alternatives.
The reason that you see it phrased on product labels as 'Supports blood pressure already within the normal range' is because that's the way the FDA wants it stated. If you say 'lowers blood pressure' then that's a drug claim and the company would run into FDA issues.

Blood Pressure Support XT is an excellent product and contains multiple ingredients that have been clinically researched to help with blood pressure support - AmealPeptide, MegaNatural BP, Hawthorn Extract, S7, Pine Bark, & more.

It doubles as a great pump product bc many of the ingredients in Blood Pressure Support XT are also used for pumps and included in many popular nitric oxide/pump products - AmealPeptide (VasoDrive AP), MegaNatural BP, Pine Bark, & S7.

A lot of people don't realize that AmealPeptide and VasoDrive AP are the same ingredient except that AmealPeptide is double the dose. The story with this is that AmealPeptide is the branded ingredient that was used in the clinical studies for blood pressure. The dose used in those studies is 508 mg. total material providing 3.4 mg. actual AmealPeptide. Due to the method of action, they surmised that this would also be a great ingredient for improved blood flow, nitric oxide, and pumps - but at the clinical dosage for blood pressure, its very expensive. So they renamed it VasoDrive AP and allow it to be used at a lower dosage for pump products whereas they require the higher dosage for blood pressure formulas.

Here's a link to the write up for anyone that wants to read it:

Blood Pressure Support XT (Supp Facts) v2.png

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The reason that you see it phrased on product labels as 'Supports blood pressure already within the normal range' is because that's the way the FDA wants it stated. If you say 'lowers blood pressure' then that's a drug claim and the company would run into FDA issues.
☝That's exactly why I asked the question. Because when I saw "Supports blood pressure already within the normal range", I thought... "Well what's the point of that?" 🤨

If I stop the Lisinopril, I can usually tell in a couple days that my BP is going back up. So it's definitely not "in the normal range" without help.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
☝That's exactly why I asked the question. Because when I saw "Supports blood pressure already within the normal range", I thought... "Well what's the point of that?" 🤨

If I stop the Lisinopril, I can usually tell in a couple days that my BP is going back up. So it's definitely not "in the normal range" without help.
Yeah, we have to be careful with the way we phrase things. Labels and write ups seem simple at first glance, but when trying to do everything the right way and follow all the laws, many of them take many hours of work including proof reading and many revisions to get right. I've had some that it seemed like every time I'd come back and proofread, I'd find something new.

I'm sorry to hear about your blood pressure. It is good that you can tell when its going back up though bc a lot of people live with high blood pressure and don't even know it.

Blood Pressure Support XT can be used by people with high blood pressure or also by people that really do have blood pressure within the normal range for overall cardiovascular health and support. Bc its normally a lot better to supplement against something becoming a problem than to try to fix it once its become one.