Super Mandro (1-Andro) - Crazy Water Retention?

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I ran a Super Mandro (1-Andro) cycle a few months ago and I went from 174 lbs to 194 lbs in 2 weeks on this stuff while taking 440mg (4 pills) a day. My strength also skyrocketed in the gym within those 2 weeks. The problem is I experienced an excessive amount of water retention on the cycle, even though every website online says it will cause no water retention since it doesn't convert to estrogen. I know 1-Andro is a prohormone which means it's a precursor to testosterone and my guess is that the water retention I experienced was due to the increased testosterone in my system converting to estrogen.

I was hesitant to take an AI on cycle because I read everywhere that 1-Andro shuts you down. I also ran a low dose test-e cycle in the past and it felt very similar to 1-andro in regards to the strength gains and the increased water weight due to increased estrogen.

The only brand of 1-Andro I tried was Super Mandro but I was wondering if anyone has similar experiences with 1-Andro or any suggestions on how to reduce the water weight? I drank a gallon of water a day on the cycle and it helped a little but not much.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's very strange that you're getting mad water retention from 1-Andro, that's normally a 4-Andro side effect.
I think you have three options here really...
1)Introduce an AI into your cycle to reduce the amount of testosterone being converted to estrogen and in turn the water retention.
2)Stack your 1-Andro with Epi-Andro. Epi-Andro is a DHT precursor, which will also act as an AI and reduce estrogenic sides from prohormones. Epi-Andro will also help with dry gains.
3)Take a natural diuretic, or something like PES Erase Pro+

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The above are all great options. If you decide to look into a epi andro product Androvar is a nice one to look into with some reviews.

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's very strange that you're getting mad water retention from 1-Andro, that's normally a 4-Andro side effect.
I think you have three options here really...
1)Introduce an AI into your cycle to reduce the amount of testosterone being converted to estrogen and in turn the water retention.
2)Stack your 1-Andro with Epi-Andro. Epi-Andro is a DHT precursor, which will also act as an AI and reduce estrogenic sides from prohormones. Epi-Andro will also help with dry gains.
3)Take a natural diuretic, or something like PES Erase Pro+
My plan is to run a low dose 1-Andro cycle in a few months and introduce an AI to combat the water retention, probably Aromasin 12.5mg EOD and increase from there if needed. I'll also throw in a diuretic like HCTZ if needed. I don't want to mess with a Epi-Andro cause I don't want additional hair loss from DHT. Hopefully the AI will be able to combat because I love the effects of Super Mandro aside from the water retention

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My plan is to run a low dose 1-Andro cycle in a few months and introduce an AI to combat the water retention, probably Aromasin 12.5mg EOD and increase from there if needed. I'll also throw in a diuretic like HCTZ if needed. I don't want to mess with a Epi-Andro cause I don't want additional hair loss from DHT. Hopefully the AI will be able to combat because I love the effects of Super Mandro aside from the water retention
Aromasin, and at that dose, is a heavy AI for 1-Andro. Remember, estrogen is important and you don't want to crash it too low, I'd suggest half of that dose at a push.
What is your carb intake like?

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
1-Andro converts to 1-testosterone (DHB), so with no test base your E2 levels should be pretty low. I don't know what's causing water retention, unless your 1-DHEA is not legit.

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
1-Andro converts to 1-testosterone (DHB), so with no test base your E2 levels should be pretty low. I don't know what's causing water retention, unless your 1-DHEA is not legit.
Thanks for the reply because it was helpful. You're right 1-Andro doesn't convert to Test it converts to DHB which doesn't convert to estrogen. Taking an AI with DHB would lead to massive suppression. The only conclusion I can make as to why I experience such crazy water retention from Super Mandro is either Super Mandro isn't 100% legit and filled with other prohormones/substances or my body just gets bloated from DHB for some reason. Now my plan is to try a different brand of 1-Andro to see if I experience different results.

Reactions: UNX
joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
Something is not right... Are you taking any RX from your doc or other supps? Andro-1 does not cause water retention nor do you need to be concerned about estrogen. I know everyone reacts slightly different to drugs, but this is way outside of the norm.

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Something is not right... Are you taking any RX from your doc or other supps? Andro-1 does not cause water retention nor do you need to be concerned about estrogen. I know everyone reacts slightly different to drugs, but this is way outside of the norm.
I know the water retention is from the Super Mandro I took because after literally a week (7 days) I gained 10 pounds of water and I didn't take any new RX at the time. After I got on PCT the bloat went away eventually. Since 1-Test doesn't convert to estrogen, it may mean that the Super Mandro contains other ingredients that I'm unaware of or my body just reacts to 1-Test by blowing up like a water balloon.

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
I know the water retention is from the Super Mandro I took because after literally a week (7 days) I gained 10 pounds of water and I didn't take any new RX at the time. After I got on PCT the bloat went away eventually. Since 1-Test doesn't convert to estrogen, it may mean that the Super Mandro contains other ingredients that I'm unaware of or my body just reacts to 1-Test by blowing up like a water balloon.
Yea bro, thats wild. Pins don't even kick in that fast.
Normally takes me 2-weeks before I even notice anything on a PH run. Heck, maybe you just respond well, you could have packed on 70lbs in 2-months lol Walkin' around lookin' Arnold.

So you stopped after 2-weeks, right?

Thoadam

Awards
Yea bro, thats wild. Pins don't even kick in that fast.
Normally takes me 2-weeks before I even notice anything on a PH run. Heck, maybe you just respond well, you could have packed on 70lbs in 2-months lol Walkin' around lookin' Arnold.

So you stopped after 2-weeks, right?
Haha 70 lbs of muscle I wish. I stopped after 6 weeks and the water never went away on cycle. The strength gains did plateau at around week 4-5. After I took my first dose, I could do more reps on all my lifts lol. Do you know of any reputable 1-Andro products?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha 70 lbs of muscle I wish. I stopped after 6 weeks and the water never went away on cycle. The strength gains did plateau at around week 4-5. After I took my first dose, I could do more reps on all my lifts lol. Do you know of any reputable 1-Andro products?
Iconic Formulations ICON-ONE is probably the most popular right now. It's a transdermal, so is less harsh on the system and also has pregnenolone in it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Iconic Formulations ICON-ONE is probably the most popular right now. It's a transdermal, so is less harsh on the system and also has pregnenolone in it
the reviews for icon one are very good, not one mention of excessive water gain. i ran it for 8 weeks and saw a very lean and i mean very lean 7lb gain.

THEBIGT saves 20% at iconicformulations.com...this includes everything on the site.

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
Icon One all the way. I am finishing up a run with Icon One and Ultra Hard stacked and got CUT with zero water retention. As mentioned above, Icon One has pregnenolone so no need to add another test base (save a lot of $$). Although a couple guys have added a little Ultra Hard on the latter half of the run to kick up the test base.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
It’s probably not just 1 Andro. Too many tainted products in this industry. Probably has other compounds in it I’m guessing

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The super mandro is definitely legit 1-andro. Your case is definitely extraordinary like others have said. I am not saying the bloat isn’t from the PH (although I find it highly unlikely) but the compound inside super mandro is only 1-andro and manufactured at hi-tech. Hi-tech manufacturers all legit dhea prohormones (including steel, hi-tech, Blackstone, etc).

Glad you enjoyed the gains but the boost definitely has me baffled. You could try topical iconic like they said and see if it makes a difference for you. Their 4-andro was very enjoyable.

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The super mandro is definitely legit 1-andro. Your case is definitely extraordinary like others have said. I am not saying the bloat isn’t from the PH (although I find it highly unlikely) but the compound inside super mandro is only 1-andro and manufactured at hi-tech. Hi-tech manufacturers all legit dhea prohormones (including steel, hi-tech, Blackstone, etc).

Glad you enjoyed the gains but the boost definitely has me baffled. You could try topical iconic like they said and see if it makes a difference for you. Their 4-andro was very enjoyable.
The reason I went with Super Mandro is because they seemed legit based on all the reviews and I'm not saying they're not legit. It's most likely that my body just reacts differently to 1-andro but the results I got from it were on par with Test and other cycles I tried. It blows rad-140 out of the water in terms of both size and strength but RAD gives me zero water retention and makes me look pumped 24/7. I'll look into Icon One because it sounds promising since IF's dermacrine is amazing.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it possible that you're having too much sodium in your diet?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is it possible that you're having too much sodium in your diet?
Sodium does so much for your body so it very well could have something to do with what you're experiencing.

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
After thinking some more about the cause of my water retention, I think I may know the answer. When you start a cycle, you are introducing an exogenous substance into your body that competes with your natural Test in binding to AR receptors. Natural Test will fail to bind to AR receptors and will build up to high levels in your body, which leads to high estrogen levels because Test converts to estrogen. Some may even experience gyno due to this estrogen spike. Eventually your natural test production will shut down and your estrogen levels will go back down since DHB (1-Test) doesn't convert to estrogen but it takes a few weeks for your estrogen levels to return to normal.

Super Mandro is most likely a legit product and the way I react to high estrogen levels is by turning into a water balloon. If I do another 1-Andro cycle, I will take a low dose of AI at the start of the cycle to keep estrogen levels under control. If you want more information about the estrogen spike at the beg. of a cycle, here's a very well explained vid by Ryan Russo.
"Can SARMS indirectly Cause GYNO!? | Side effects of Steroids & Sarms"

Jameskol

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sodium does so much for your body so it very well could have something to do with what you're experiencing.
Yes sodium plays a role but my diet didn't change before or on cycle so it's most likely not sodium related. I think it's due to high estrogen levels at the beginning of the cycle.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes sodium plays a role but my diet didn't change before or on cycle so it's most likely not sodium related. I think it's due to high estrogen levels at the beginning of the cycle.
That makes sense. Nice video on that subject as well.

Thoadam

Awards
Instead of taking a test base such as dermacrine when e levels are low, could someone take estrogen pills or cream instead? Would that work?