Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i don't tell others what to do, that is their business...but every single one of the guys at the legion has said they won't be watching the superbowl.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I am watching the game, love the sports , do not care about the kneeling this or that is call a game!!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Let's be real here.... it's all fixed anyway lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me, too!!! Not watching none of that sh.t tomorrow.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I cut my cable last year, stopped watching most sports a couple years earlier (though I love NHL, I watch 10 minute replay each AM on NHL.com for Bruins games). F&*k the NFL, disrespecting Veterans, troops, Cops, etc while they cry racism but accept the paychecks of wealthy white-men, disrespect the dummies who support them and pay their millions. Real sensitive crybaby hypocrites. Kneeling 😕... BLM 😕 ... A league of WOKE, SJW's with pussies for owners...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I cut my cable last year, stopped watching most sports a couple years earlier (though I love NHL, I watch 10 minute replay each AM on NHL.com for Bruins games). F&*k the NFL, disrespecting Veterans, troops, Cops, etc while they cry racism but accept the paychecks of wealthy white-men, disrespect the dummies who support them and pay their millions. Real sensitive crybaby hypocrites. Kneeling 😕... BLM 😕 ... A league of WOKE, SJW's with pussies for owners...
you can bet that all of the super rich sports stars would not hesitate to call the police if a crime were committed against them or any of their loved ones....who ya gonna call-it sure as hell aint ghostbusters!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do they still kneel? I watch all the time and can't remember seeing it for the past year or 2.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do they still kneel? I watch all the time and can't remember seeing it for the past year or 2.
i haven't watched in several years, but i do know they support blm-'what do we want, dead cops..when do we want it-now'.

i will not support any organization that supports violence against police!!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i haven't watched in several years, but i do know they support blm-'what do we want, dead cops..when do we want it-now'.

Ya, thats fair. I do agree with most of the principles in this thread. Im just not sure that its as forced on Sundays as the narrative suggests.

And I absolutely dont care about the athletes, I dont care about their story, what they think, or what they believe in. They are just entertainers to me, run fast, wow me, make me cheer, then change the channel.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya, thats fair. I do agree with most of the principles in this thread. Im just not sure that its as forced on Sundays as the narrative suggests.

And I absolutely dont care about the athletes, I dont care about their story, what they think, or what they believe in. They are just entertainers to me, run fast, wow me, make me cheer, then change the channel.
i feel that if i watch them then i am endorsing their stances that i totally disagree with-totally!!!

they have a right to have a stance and i have a right NOT to watch, and i choose NOT TO WATCH!!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Unrelated, but isn’t Fox the only major news network that didn’t air the funeral of the police officer who was killed defending the capitol from domestic terrorists? It seems that most people are only pro-police when it suits their agenda, not actually to help or care about law enforcement officers.

Edit: and before I’m accused of being a commie liberal, I’m a registered Republican who has identified as libertarian and even helped run a libertarian blog several years ago.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unrelated, but isn’t Fox the only major news network that didn’t air the funeral of the police officer who was killed defending the capitol from domestic terrorists? It seems that most people are only pro-police when it suits their agenda, not actually to help or care about law enforcement officers.
true, it is unrelated...what fox does is in no way related to what i do....fox sports is a broadcaster for nfl games also.

truth be known fox is not the station it once was, i once was a regular viewer but now i haven't left fox-fox has left me!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
true, it is unrelated...what fox does is in no way related to what i do....fox sports is a broadcaster for nfl games also.

truth be known fox is not the station it once was, i once was a regular viewer but now i haven't left fox-fox has left me!!!
I guess my point is just that it's not just the "left" that doesn't support the police, and sometimes the people shouting to the heavens how much they love the police show their true colors real quick when their agenda happens to stop lining up. Not that I'm saying that's you AT ALL, because I don't think it is. Agreed on Fox going off the deep end. I mean, look at "Jewish space laser" lady in office haha.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thanks BigT! I haven’t watched an NFL game since Kapper-bitch started kneeling. Wrong avenue to bring attention to something you feel is unjust. The common man would get fired from his job for expressing certain feelings....not the NFL.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess my point is just that it's not just the "left" that doesn't support the police, and sometimes the people shouting to the heavens how much they love the police show their true colors real quick when their agenda happens to stop lining up. Not that I'm saying that's you AT ALL, because I don't think it is. Agreed on Fox going off the deep end. I mean, look at "Jewish space laser" lady in office haha.
my point is that i consider fox more left than you apparently do...to be quite frank there are those on the right i have difference with also...but as far as this thread is concerned the nfl is on record supporting those who advocate violence against police, along with disregard to anthem and flag----you might diagree with this and you are free to do so, but i am also free to chose not to watch any football and in particular the super bowl and that is what i will do-or should i say not do!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks BigT! I haven’t watched an NFL game since Kapper-bitch started kneeling. Wrong avenue to bring attention to something you feel is unjust. The common man would get fired from his job for expressing certain feelings....not the NFL.
no, thank you!!!!....i for one have deep respect for law enforcement and the true hardships you endure

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my point is that i consider fox more left than you apparently do...to be quite frank there are those on the right i have difference with also...but as far as this thread is concerned the nfl is on record supporting those who advocate violence against police, along with disregard to anthem and flag----you might diagree with this and you are free to do so, but i am also free to chose not to watch any football and in particular the super bowl and that is what i will do-or should i say not do!!!
I mean, plenty of CURRENT Republican politicians are also on the record supporting the people who ended up storming the Capitol and not only disobeyed officers, but assaulted and even killed one of them. Some of these people even view themselves as "patriots" who would do it all again if they had the opportunity to do so.

I TOTALLY respect your right to not watch the NFL, or even to not watch ANY TV or sports in general. It is your choice and your right. But if you're coming onto the internet and declaring it, I think it would be unreasonable not to expect some people to also weigh in on the topic, related topics, and try to get a more holistic view of the nation's, and various competing and contrasting groups, stance on pro or anti police sentiments.

IMO, it's not that Fox is "too left" or "too right" it's that no media source in 2020-2021 really wants to be objective, and they all seem to want to push their narrative at the expense of the reality or totality of the situation. And NONE OF THEM want to admit when they are wrong, often from jumping on stories far too quickly before they have the facts. So they end up doubling down on bad takes to maintain their stance and avoid having to admit any fault.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I mean, plenty of CURRENT Republican politicians are also on the record supporting the people who ended up storming the Capitol and not only disobeyed officers, but assaulted and even killed one of them. Some of these people even view themselves as "patriots" who would do it all again if they had the opportunity to do so.

I TOTALLY respect your right to not watch the NFL, or even to not watch ANY TV or sports in general. It is your choice and your right. But if you're coming onto the internet and declaring it, I think it would be unreasonable not to expect some people to also weigh in on the topic, related topics, and try to get a more holistic view of the nation's, and various competing and contrasting groups, stance on pro or anti police sentiments.

IMO, it's not that Fox is "too left" or "too right" it's that no media source in 2020-2021 really wants to be objective, and they all seem to want to push their narrative at the expense of the reality or totality of the situation. And NONE OF THEM want to admit when they are wrong, often from jumping on stories far too quickly before they have the facts. So they end up doubling down on bad takes to maintain their stance and avoid having to admit any fault.
i agree with what you are saying, i think i already said in prior post that i have differences with the right[republicans] on several issues...there are very many gray areas today to be sure, but one area that is NOT gray for ME is i will NEVER support a group that holds a huge march behind a banner that says 'WHAT DO YOU WANT-DEAD COPS-WHEN DO YOU WANT IT-NOW'

and if marching behind that banner wasn't enough they also had a bullhorn yelling this to rile up a already hostile crowd-and since the nfl endorses the group responsible i will not be watching....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree with what you are saying, i think i already said in prior post that i have differences with the right[republicans] on several issues...there are very many gray areas today to be sure, but one area that is NOT gray for ME is i will NEVER support a group that holds a huge march behind a banner that says 'WHAT DO YOU WANT-DEAD COPS-WHEN DO YOU WANT IT-NOW'

and if marching behind that banner wasn't enough they also had a bullhorn yelling this to rile up a already hostile crowd-and since the nfl endorses the group responsible i will not be watching....
Yeah, I totally get that you not supporting ONE group that you believe supports anti-police sentiments doesn't mean you support a conflicting group or ideology that is ALSO supporting anti-police sentiments. It must be a hard time to be a good cop now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I totally get that you not supporting ONE group that you believe supports anti-police sentiments doesn't mean you support a conflicting group or ideology that is ALSO supporting anti-police sentiments. It must be a hard time to be a good cop now.
yes...i can't even imagine how difficult/dangerous being a cop today is---the last thing they need is a group like blm supporting/advocating violence against them....and thus i will not be watching nfl.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s really bad. I’ve been LE for 25 years now and I’ve never seen things this bad. There has truly been a push to make LE look like we are the reason for the bad in society. No one wants to look at the truth. I doesn’t fit the agenda. 5 years until I can retire....it can’t come soon enough.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s really bad. I’ve been LE for 25 years now and I’ve never seen things this bad. There has truly been a push to make LE look like we are the reason for the bad in society. No one wants to look at the truth. I doesn’t fit the agenda. 5 years until I can retire....it can’t come soon enough.
they are going to have a truly monumentaly difficult time replacing you...with blm and the anti-cop agenda being taught in schools today none of the youth want to become cops. only a moron would believe we would be better off without police---actually 81% of blacks want police presence to remain the same with some even wanting more police...blm and those who support/endorse them [NFL] would have you believe the majority of blacks are against police and want police defunded.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
they are going to have a truly monumentaly difficult time replacing you...with blm and the anti-cop agenda being taught in schools today none of the youth want to become cops. only a moron would believe we would be better off without police---actually 81% of blacks want police presence to remain the same with some even wanting more police...blm and those who support/endorse them [NFL] would have you believe the majority of blacks are against police and want police defunded.
So true!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, saying we'd be be better off without cops is asinine. That said, there is 100% some things that can be changed or revised in police procedure, protocol, etc. that would make things better for good cops, worse for bad cops, and hopefully help restore the public's faith in police officers. I'm sure we've probably discussed that before though?

EDIT: double-posted with that first part that was an incomplete comment. Revised for clarity.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
True. I also can't imagine defending the capitol and having some of the very people who waved thin blue line flags and claimed to be pro-police disobey orders and assault and even kil

I mean, saying we'd be be better off without cops is asinine. That said, there is 100% some things that can be changed or revised in police procedure, protocol, etc. that would make things better for good cops, worse for bad cops, and hopefully help restore the public's faith in police officers. I'm sure we've probably discussed that before though?
name one single profession where revisions/improvements couldn't be made? how about some of the decisions the medical profession made about opioids-millions of lives have been negatively affected and yet there are no marches shouting for death to doctors-eh? i would be willing to bet more people have died from over prescribing opioids than have been unjustifiably killed by police-by a large margin, you want to bet?

'what do you want-death to doctors-when do you want it-now'...can you even imagine this happening...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
name one single profession where revisions/improvements couldn't be made? how about some of the decisions the medical profession made about opioids-millions of lives have been negatively affected and yet there are no marches shouting for death to doctors-eh? i would be willing to bet more people have died from over prescribing opioids than have been unjustifiably killed by police-by a large margin, you want to bet?

'what do you want-death to doctors-when do you want it-now'...can you even imagine this happening...
Oh, undoubtedly MANY professions where people have power over others can have some major improvements. I don't think you're using that to handwave away that there ARE things that can be improved though in police protocol and procedure, right? Saying that "X profession also has problems" when talking about the problems of Y profession does not at all mean that the problems in Y profession aren't very real, of course. But it DOES seem like we're moving away from the horrible, criminal, unethical, life-destroying opioid nonsense that was going on. So hopefully we can make the same improvements in police protocols and oversight going forward, right? Saying "well, X horrible thing cost more lives than Y horrible thing" doesn't mean they aren't BOTH bad and BOTH worthy of being looked at and addressed. That would be akin to saying a Ghost pepper isn't hot because it's not as hot as a Scorpion pepper. Probably best not to snack on either of them whole though, you know.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I watched tonight, no offense to those that chose not to. I saw a few messages where the NFL seemed to support LE , military, and medical professionals during pandemic.

I saw a few messages that sort of beat around the bush for inclusivity and equality, but nothing drastic that felt anti American to me. I saw Crosby Stills Nash and Young in concert a few years ago. Those guys make no effort in hiding that they HATE America, in comparison.

I hope I'm being respectful to military and LE by participating in this discussion. Im greatful for you guys. Just reporting on what I saw tonight.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I watched tonight, no offense to those that chose not to. I saw a few messages where the NFL seemed to support LE , military, and medical professionals during pandemic.

I saw a few messages that sort of beat around the bush for inclusivity and equality, but nothing drastic that felt anti American to me. I saw Crosby Stills Nash and Young in concert a few years ago. Those guys make no effort in hiding that they HATE America, in comparison.

I hope I'm being respectful to military and LE by participating in this discussion. Im greatful for you guys. Just reporting on what I saw tonight.
I also watched it and didn't find anything super out-there that would offend anyone on either side really.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i can't speak for anyone else but you didn't offend me by watching, the whole point of this thread was not to convince anyone else not to watch, just me expressing my viewpoint on why i chose not to watch---and to express my gratitude to law enforcement, active duty and veterans who in my opinion the NFL has at least in the past not been respectful to.

if the NFL has cleaned up their act i believe it was at least in part due to loss of revenue from guys like me who told them we aren't going to put up with their disrespect and who stopped watching...rather they want to admit it or not the kneeling/blm thing has cost the nfl dearly-amplified even more by loss of stadium revenue due to covid...the players aren't stupid enough to think that they could continue to disrespect at least 30% of their fans without it coming back to bite them on the ass in the form of lower player contracts.

Last edited:
celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
T u nailed it w NFL changing stance based on public perception and money.

They did the same thing when they called blows to the head for like 1/2 a season when the public was all worked up over concussions. Blow to the head is called rarely and inconsistently since the outcry has faded.

Anyway, the stories on the internet and news aren't congruent with what I saw today or for the past few seasons. Im also thinking the league never donated to blm, but could be wrong as that sort of fact checking is out of my wheel house. Again no offense to those that protect the country or communities, just discussing as someone who enjoys the sport.

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

They did the same thing when they called blows to the head for like 1/2 a season when the public was all worked up over concussions. Blow to the head is called rarely and inconsistently since the outcry has faded.

Anyway, the stories on the internet and news aren't congruent with what I saw today or for the past few seasons. Im also thinking the league never donated to blm, but could be wrong as that sort of fact checking is out of my wheel house. Again no offense to those that protect the country or communities, just discussing as someone who enjoys the sport.
I’ve seen multiple helmet to helmet calls recently, including some that probably shouldn’t have been IMO. Not sure what you’re basing your information on there TBH.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

when NFL decided to support kneeling and blm they knew this was going to piss off blue collar beer drinking fans who were the backbone of the NFL fanbase--why do you think there are so many beer commercials?...they decided they could do anything they wanted and these fans would still watch and support the NFL-in other words the NFL spit in their faces, imo....i am really proud of those who said go f*ck yourself to the NFL!!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve seen multiple helmet to helmet calls recently, including some that probably shouldn’t have been IMO. Not sure what you’re basing your information on there TBH.
I suppose its just opinion from watching a lot of football. I searched and couldn't find updated stats for this penalty in 2020.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
super bowl ratings lowest since 2007...i was expecting ratings to be inflated....since large gatherings were discouraged i thought this would translate to more televisions being watched. rating was 96.4 million down from 102.1 million last year.