Sup3r-2 impact bloodwork?

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
NoAddedHmones xtyler Woody GNO Jebrook

I am on doctor administered TRT and he wants me to get a new set of labs to access the current dosage (he does it every 6 months or so, but I thought I had another 4 weeks before he would ask for new labs). I am over half way through an 8-week run of Sup3r-2. The labs are just total + free test and estradiol (he lets me use the LabCorp standard hormone panel as it is cheaper than through my insurance). Would Super-2 affect any of those measurements? If so, how long should I be off of Sup3r-2 (it's half-life) before I am "clear" to go get my blood drawn?

Thanks in advance for your time and response!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NoAddedHmones xtyler Woody GNO Jebrook

I am on doctor administered TRT and he wants me to get a new set of labs to access the current dosage (he does it every 6 months or so, but I thought I had another 4 weeks before he would ask for new labs). I am over half way through an 8-week run of Sup3r-2. The labs are just total + free test and estradiol (he lets me use the LabCorp standard hormone panel as it is cheaper than through my insurance). Would Super-2 affect any of those measurements? If so, how long should I be off of Sup3r-2 (it's half-life) before I am "clear" to go get my blood drawn?

Thanks in advance for your time and response!
I honestly can't answer this. Sorry. I would speculate that your estradiol would be higher than normal unless you use an AI as part of your TRT. Desoxytest, the target hormone of Super 2 suppresses natural test production but wouldn't decrease your exogenous test levels. The half-life I've seen estimated at 6 hours. However, the hormonal impact of using it would certainly affect your readings for longer than that. I would suggest waiting at least a week. And if your Doc tries to adjust your protocol based upon those readings then you should be up front with him about why your readings are off.

EDIT: Mistakenly wrote Nandrolone as the target hormone of Super 2. I got them mixed;).

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for taking the time to respond! From the reading I have been doing it looks like pro-hormones in general can result in an elevated Test reading. I am just not sure about this one. I was more worried about an elevated reading than I was anything else. I will do some more research on the target hormone to see how that might show up. My E3 tends to bounce around, spiking and dropping all on its own, no AI prescribed yet as it has stayed well below 100 at the peak, 20 or so in the lulls (if I recall). Nothing that has yet to cause any high estro sides, and it never seems to stay elevated (He wants more than 1 test to show elevation, and I never get 2 in a row, even just a week or two apart, that have elevated E3). But then again this is the first time I tried a PH, so all bets are off :).

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It should not affect Total Test (unless there's a cross-reaction with the structurally closely related compounds in the hormone immunoassays) nor Estradiol since Sup3r-2 does not aromatize. It may affect Free Test tho (higher reading) since SHBG is currently likely lower.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I just double checked and I had misspoke, the test does not include free test, just total. That is what comes in the "package" hormone panel and I guess from a TRT perspective that is all he cares about for adjusting the test dosage, since he never complained about needing to see additional data points.

Estradiol, Serum
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile

So from what xtyler said it most likely would not skew my lab work results at all. I am still going to procrastinate getting the lab work done, just to be safe. Plus, to be honest, I am just starting to see positive impact from the Sup3r-2 and am thinking of running it to the end of the 8 weeks then getting the lab work. I think I can push my doctor off that long (only another 2 weeks).

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just double checked and I had misspoke, the test does not include free test, just total. That is what comes in the "package" hormone panel and I guess from a TRT perspective that is all he cares about for adjusting the test dosage, since he never complained about needing to see additional data points.

Estradiol, Serum
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile

So from what xtyler said it most likely would not skew my lab work results at all. I am still going to procrastinate getting the lab work done, just to be safe. Plus, to be honest, I am just starting to see positive impact from the Sup3r-2 and am thinking of running it to the end of the 8 weeks then getting the lab work. I think I can push my doctor off that long (only another 2 weeks).
Testing LH and FSH is pretty much a waste while on TRT...

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Testing LH and FSH is pretty much a waste while on TRT...
I know and I agree, that is just part of the standard panel. It is actually cheaper to buy the "bundle" panel than to a la carte choose just the ones I want. So I end up with some useless measurements, but save $$ in the process.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How'd this go Sparkss?

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
no impact to the hormone panel, CBC or CMP #s that I saw (and I keep a chart trending my measurements), although there was a slight upward trend on hematocrit, but that also could just be the TRT. Liver levels were all good, even a little bit better than before I started Sup3r-2, but I do take NAC daily (but also enjoy a cocktail after work or a glass of wine with dinner from time to time). I will also say that Sup3r-2 hammered my lipids, HDL and LDL but especially my triglycerides. I started taking policosanol and have another blood draw scheduled for a couple of weeks from now to see if those improve (with the cholesterol support supp + time off of Super-2).

While I was mainly concerned with the T levels, I am sharing the whole picture for anyone else that may be interested.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid reply bro, that info is priceless!

Thanks - keep us posted!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What dose were you running of sup3r 2 and how long? How were your results?

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I used the standard dose (I think it was 2 capsules morning and 2 at lunch). I ran it for 8 weeks. It didn't kick in for me until close to week 6. But when it did it increased my strength and made my muscles harder. I felt a great pump while working out and my workouts were more intense.

I had overlapped a little with the tail end of almost 3 months of Or1gin and through my own fault allowed my appetite to get the better of me, more so than the S2 could compensate for. I had pretty good gains in lean muscle and general upper body mass but also gains in my spare tire :(. I am working on cutting (using Super-7, Sup3r-Shred and Ignit3) and 3+ weeks in I am seeing a consistent progression of fat loss while still maintaining muscle mass (so far). I mention this because I am not sure how "great" my gains were from the S2 run until I finish shedding this fat to see what is left underneath :).

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
I thought it was desoxy test with sup3r 2? Or delta 2? I thought nandrolone was sup3r 19??

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you ran it at 2x reccommended dosage. I think they're 60 caps at 250 mg per cap in each bottle.

Again thanks for sharing, great info!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you ran it at 2x reccommended dosage. I think they're 60 caps at 250 mg per cap in each bottle.

Again thanks for sharing, great info!
Then I stand corrected. I followed the directions on the bottle. I just honestly did not recall if that supp was 1 or 2 capsules per dose. Then I did 1 upon waking and 1 at lunch, 500 mg per day total. Sorry for any confusion.

I do have a couple more bottles (I stocked up during that awesome sale you guys had) and may run it at a higher dosage next time. But I need to do my homework on it first. Either way I am definitely running it again. Thinking of stacking it with something else next time, maybe something more for bulking like LGD.

I will add that aside from the positive sides (strength, hardness, etc.) I did not have any negative sides, outside of the lipids. No hair line issues, no bacne, etc. I did not notice significant water retention, mostly measured by how much water weight I lost after stopping. The scale moved down when I started the cut, which in the first week was likely mostly water weight, but I did not see a huge visible difference in body comp, which implied that I was not bloated or overly puffy (beyond the extra weight *fat* I know I also put on due to my diet being off-point)

And I took the last blood test within a day or so of stopping Sup3r-2, so when I stated that it did not appear to impact the test measurements, I meant it :) (for anyone else in a similar situation). After all the replies I figured I would just go for it and if the results were not what I hoped for, then I would just pay to take it again in a couple of weeks. But that was not necessary :).

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I got my blood work back and my cholesterol looks a ton better than before. My HDL is still low, but my TRT dose is high right now (still tweaking it with my doctor) and high TRT dose can cause low HDL.

My lipid #s

..................................Ranges.............1/10/2017...2/16/2017....3/31/2017
Cholesterol, Total......100-199 mg/dL......178............XXX............164
Triglycerides..............0-149 mg/dL..........259............XXX............135
HDL Cholesterol........>39 mg/dL.............19..............XXX............35
VLDL Cholesterol Cal.....5-40 mg/dL......XXX............XXX............27
LDL Cholesterol Cal.......0-99 mg/dL.......107............XXX............102

The triglyceride drop was the most significant. I have been taking Activa Naturals Cholesterol Support Health Supplement from Amazon for the last 2 months, 1 month of which I was still on the Sup3r-2 cycle. Plus my VLDL is within range, which I have read that is even more important than LDL to monitor.

HTH

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I thought this was the thread where someone was asking me about lipid impacts from Sup3r-2... but I don't see the post I was thinking of. Must be in another thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Supplement Auction 3
S Supplements 15
hercules_22 Supplements 124
U Anabolics 2
joe123! Supplements 14