Summertime Southern Sweet Tea Log - Sponsored

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to my experience of ENDURANCE Southern Sweet Tea BCAA’s. It takes a true southern gentleman to review a true southern sweet tea.

Since MARK_ couldn’t find a gentlemen he let me fill in.

Let’s get started with a description of the product from Formutech. All posts following will be my own!

View attachment 149139

Description:

Our Chemists have taken branched chain amino acid (BCAA) supplementation to a new high! ENDURANCE, a 2-1-1 BCAA, includes additional ingredients Beta Alanine and Creatinol-O-Phosphate. This combination helps speed and target absorption into muscle tissue.* Beta Alanine helps decrease the burning sensation of muscles during workouts and Creatinol-O-Phosphate supports contraction of the muscles when less oxygen is available in the muscles, providing an extra edge during high intensity workouts!*

Why did we add Beta Alanine to a BCAA?

Exercise, especially high intensity exercise causes the pH in our muscles to drop causing a burning sensation!*
Beta Alanine acts as a buffer, so to speak, to help decrease the burning sensation therefore delaying fatigue!*

Why we added Creatinol-O-Phosphate?

Helps support your muscles to work past the point where your body would normally want to shut down!*
Utilizes an extended number of muscle fibers during your workout, which promotes better muscle gains!*
Supports contraction of the muscles when there is less oxygen available in the muscle.* This may help promote better performance!*
ENDURANCE is one of the most complete sports supplements for all athletes because the ingredients provide an extra edge during high intensity workouts, reducing muscle soreness, supporting storage of energy in muscle and facilitates creation of energy for muscles to use.* Along with the staples found in other BCAA formulations the additions of Beta Alanine and Creatinol-0 Phosphate make ENDURANCE one of the most complete BCAA powders on the market!*

7100mg of Branched Chain Amino Acids!

Promotes vasodilation, supporting improved protein assimilation and absorption.*
Reduce muscle breakdown during training and recovery.*
Help delay muscle fatigue.*
Help reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness.*
Promote muscle growth.*
Promote faster tissue repair.*
Support optimum growth hormone levels.*
Provide energy boosts during intense training sessions.*

Ingredients in Endurance!

Vitamin B6 – This water-soluble vitamin changes fats and protein into energy and makes glycogen.* Glycogen is energy ready to be used stored inside the muscle and liver.*

L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine are all essential amino acids which mean that the body cannot make them so you need to consume them in your diet.

L-Leucine helps burn fat without burning muscle and spares the muscle proteins, leaving them to help build and support muscle gain and mass.*
L-Isoleucine is important in the regulation of blood sugar levels already in healthy range, and also helps support energy level.*
L-Valine is necessary for smooth nervous system, cognitive functioning and is essential for muscle tissue repair, muscle metabolism, and also exercise endurance.*

N-Acetyl-Glutamine is not considered an essential amino acid but becomes useful for endurance athletes.* This amino acid supports the immune system, and increases creation of glycogen.*

Citrulline Malate is an amino acid that enhances athletic anaerobic performance and helps reduce muscle soreness.* (Pere-guisado J. 2010)

Beta Alanine increases muscle carnosine which help reduce muscle acids decreasing the burning sensation therefore delaying fatigue.*(Hoffman J, 2008)

Creatinol-O-Phosphate increases contraction of the muscles when there is less oxygen available in the muscle.* This may help support better sprints or better intervals.*

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reserved for Review

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received my tub earlier this week but did not have an opportunity to try it until today.
First thoughts on opening the tub – It smelled like… tea. Nothing similar to that lipton tea bag smell, very ‘homey’. Kinda smelled like my grandmothers kitchen.
This morning I made my first shake. I used cool water in 25 ounces of water.
It tastes just like it smells; like tea. At first I thought it tasted like a canned tea with a hint of lemon. Not overwhelming sweet and not overwhelming tea-ish. I was really focusing on placing the exact tea taste that I didn’t focus on whether I could taste artificial sweeteners. This is good, because if it tasted fake then it would have shown itself to me without me trying to look for it.
The taste never got old during my workout. I even added 12 more ounces of water when it was half empty and it didn’t have a watered down taste, really.
My wife does not drink aminos because of the taste of artificial sweeteners and flavorings. She likes sugar, and she likes her tea.
I gave her one sip while we were walking in the gym. She said it tasted like the tea you would find at a family gathering in a large tub with cut up fruit (she specifically said watermelon, but when I said I thought I tasted lemon she said maybe, with a watermelon aftertaste).
She tasted it once more and said, “it’s very refreshing”.
She didn’t have her own shaker because, like I said before, she does not like aminos. She did say she wants her own the next time she goes.
My son does like aminos, and like everyone in this area of the country he loves his sweet tea. He has football practice tomorrow so I’ll test it out on him.
I’m going to try a scoop and a half next time to see if I can really draw that southern sweetness out, and play around with how I serve it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet in on this for sure. I like the detail.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
When your wife wants her own shaker full of Humapro southern sweet tea, you know it's good. She may need her own tub :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Refreshing seems to be the best single word description but doesn't do justice to how Formutech perfected this product.

This tastes just like sweet tea.

No odd aftertaste, no artificial sweetener taste; and, despite what another person stated it does not taste chalky or gritty to me.

1.5 scoops is spot on with 25oz, and maybe I'll find a rounded scoop to be a better fit so it lasts longer.

I'm going to try to make some popsicles with it and see how those taste and whether there's separation.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Refreshing seems to be the best single word description but doesn't do justice to how Formutech perfected this product.

This tastes just like sweet tea.

No odd aftertaste, no artificial sweetener taste; and, despite what another person stated it does not taste chalky or gritty to me.

1.5 scoops is spot on with 25oz, and maybe I'll find a rounded scoop to be a better fit so it lasts longer.

I'm going to try to make some popsicles with it and see how those taste and whether there's separation.
In for the popsicle review. Great idea

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Glad the tea is meeting your expectations

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you are liking bro!!