Summer recomp with R-Andro (sponsored)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's up everyone! I was one of the lucky few to be chosen to log this new product called R-Andro. Huge thanks to @LeanEngineer and @Afi140 for their generosity.

I'm not new to the 7-k-dhea or epiandro, but have never used the Ara, so I'm super excited to see how this all works together.

I actually started the pills yesterday, even though I was at work & knew I wouldn't e hitting the gym until today.

Due to my crazy work schedule, (rotating days & nights), I usually do full body exercises when I'm able to get to the gym. If I know I'll have a couple days off, I also try to get some cardio in. My body seems to respond well to this routine. It definitely keeps me from overtraining any one body part. Cardio is the exercise bike.

I had full acl replacement in mid February, so my leg routine is very limited, but it's improving well.

Diet for the most part is clean. I love to cook on my days off. Usually big meals off the BBQ pit or smoker, so yeah, a lot of protein.

I'm on trt, 150mg test a week
Other things I'm taking:
5mg Tadalafil Ed
Crestor
Xarelto
Cissus
Ubiquinol with omega-3
Olive leaf
Probiotic
Multi

I try to keep my logs fun & entertaining while still letting you know what's happening on my end. I don't necessarily log sets/reps or calories, but can still tell you how my workouts are going and may, from time to time, brag on something I cooked.

It was kind of funny last night. I was laying in bed, and all I could think about was today's workout!
Unfortunately for me, working out and riding my mountain bike.

Today's workout was very intense and fast! I try to keep the rest between sets to as short as possible. I'm breathing heavily throughout the entire workout. I usually aim for 12+ reps on all exercises, so that keeps the weight a little lower, which I think also helps me prevent further injuries. Lol. I'm also working around a torn rotator cuff, but surgery isn't an option this year because of my knee surgery time off from work.

I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll stop here for now. Here's some pics from this morning. Oh, I'm 5'7" and just shy of 200lbs.

Thanks to all that follow! Feel free to ask any questions and qritique as well.
20220629_072934.jpeg
Screenshot_20220629-090054_Gallery.jpeg

Last edited:
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is the log I'll be updating. The other one can fade off, into the distance..

@Smont and @jgntyce my log is finally up!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Following on this one to. Saw that the other one will fade away. Let’s get that progress brother!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Forgot to mention. After the gym, I went straight to physical therapy. He had me doing dead's with 135 on the hex bar. Felt pretty good. Also did a bunch of split squats, leg extensions and curls. Felt like jello when I left! My therapist works out too, so he knows my goals and limits.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Following along to see some smoked meats and thoughts on the product, it seems very interesting with the ARA.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Can’t wait to see the results you get from this product!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Only half the threads I reply to I get notifications for, anyone know why?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 2

Weight - same

Woke up this morning sore everywhere. Even my lower back was stiff/sore. May have been the way I slept or the bent over rows I did yesterday.
Other than that, feeling great!
This morning was a cardio session. My gym used to have old school exercise bikes that had the little digital track to show laps.. I would normally do an hour on those.
I walked in today only to fund all brand new bikes! Similar to the Peleton style. Today, I followed some dude on a road ride in China! I wasn't hooked up with ear buds, so I missed out on whatever he was saying, but it was a blast! It absolutely kicked my a$$ too!! The hill climbs were killer!!

That was around 8am this morning. It's now 2:45pm and I'm literally still perspiring! Not really dripping sweat, but very hot. Legs are jello. Lol.

Here's a pic of what I did. In half the time I normally ride, I got so much more out of it!!
20220630_102934.jpeg

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2

Weight - same

Woke up this morning sore everywhere. Even my lower back was stiff/sore. May have been the way I slept or the bent over rows I did yesterday.
Other than that, feeling great!
This morning was a cardio session. My gym used to have old school exercise bikes that had the little digital track to show laps.. I would normally do an hour on those.
I walked in today only to fund all brand new bikes! Similar to the Peleton style. Today, I followed some dude on a road ride in China! I wasn't hooked up with ear buds, so I missed out on whatever he was saying, but it was a blast! It absolutely kicked my a$$ too!! The hill climbs were killer!!

That was around 8am this morning. It's now 2:45pm and I'm literally still perspiring! Not really dripping sweat, but very hot. Legs are jello. Lol.

Here's a pic of what I did. In half the time I normally ride, I got so much more out of it!!View attachment 218573
Yeah buddy! I think the peloton/machine rides are where it’s at for cardio sessions. Good job!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is the pelaton the bike with the TV screen thing. Sorry I'm not a tech guy so I'm behind the times. I usually have someone dangle a Swiss cake roll in front of the treadmill for me

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is the pelaton the bike with the TV screen thing. Sorry I'm not a tech guy so I'm behind the times. I usually have someone dangle a Swiss cake roll in front of the treadmill for me
Lmao!! Yes, this bike had a huge HD TV connected to it! No idea what the Peleton has, but, yes, they're similar.
I'm already looking forward to my next cardio session!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It absolutely kicked my a$$ too!! The hill climbs were killer!
Those hill climbs are pretty much a leg work out. Their rough! Glad it was a good workout it though!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4

Weight - 197 - Down a pound!!

Yesterday, for the first time every, I wanted to try something different.. I wanted to go to the gym, after working a 12 hour shift, which I wake up @ 3:30am for.. I've never gone to the gym in the late afternoons because I know it's crowded and there tends to be a lot of socializing instead of lifting.. But, my gym isn't open late on Saturdays or Sundays, so I wanted to get in a workout because I'm working days this weekend..
My lovely wife reminded me that our 12 year old daughter had a volleyball game @ 6:30.. Welp, so much for lifting this weekend.. Today, after lunch, here in the lab I'm working in, I will be doing pushups and bodyweight squats. Gotta stay active and get the absolute most out of these little red pills!!

All body aches are gone and because I haven't lifted in a few days, I really can't give a decent update on how things are going. I did like what I saw in the mirror this morning though.

Due to the lack of working out today & tomorrow, I'll try to keep my carbs super low.

Thinking I need to get back to my old 24 hour gym that I used to use... The place I'm at now is for the wife & kids too & what we're paying, it's hard to justify paying for an additional membership..

I meant to post pics Thursday night after grilling some fresh Gulf swordfish and asparagus. It came out so good!!! My neighbor went offshore Wednesday & brought back a ton of food!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang I need to find a neighbor like that so it will cut back on my grocery bill ;)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 6

Weight - ? Didn't weigh in yesterday or today.

I made it to the gym yesterday for an absolutely incredible workout!! Hit a pr on my leg press with the acl leg. Also hit a weight on the incline press that I was doing before I tore my rotator cuff. There was some pain in the movement, so after 3 reps, I called it quits and reduced the weight for more reps.
I followed up the full body workout on the bike for a 30 minute ride through Hawaii. This exercise bike is getting really addictive! Cardio is fun again!
I posted one of my pics on Instagram and my wife told me to take it down because I'm "obviously taking steroids " Lmao! I told her thanks for the compliment!!
For dinner last night, I followed a recipe from fellow forum member, @delsolrob His cheeseburger recipe turned out awesome!!
Off day today because I'm at work. I'll be on nights the rest of the week so I'll be able to hit the gym.
20220704_182751.jpeg
20220704_194455.jpeg
Screenshot_20220704-131112_Gallery.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking swole! That cheeseburger looks good. That's a staple for fourth of july food!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 7

Weight - 198

1 full week in the books and I was able to spend my morning in the gym!

Another full body workout today, hitting same body parts, but with different exercises. I also did a higher volume day today, really focusing on the muscle being worked. The pump was awesome!!
My rotator cuff was a little tender today so I was cautious with that today while working chest.
Leg presses were 4x15. That was after riding the bike!!
Lol, walking out was shakey.
I need to get more minutes on the bike to burn more calories.

After 1 week, I feel great. My strength has started going up and my vascularity during workouts is crazy!
No postworkout selfish today. Lol just the bike ride I did in the mountains of Idaho. Yes, Idaho!! Lol. It was beautiful!!
20220706_093701.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the best neighbors!! 5.5lbs of fresh yellow fin tuna!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sure is!! I weighed it myself. Felt heavier than 5.. Almost 8lbs!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off day today, so I had 1 small scoop of grilled hashbrowns this morning with breakfast. Zero carbs rest of the day.

Something I noticed today at physical therapy. I had both arms out, hands resting on a bar, supporting myself while I balance on 1 foot. When I looked down, I noticed that my chin hit 2 small bumps on my upper chest. The upper pecs are responding and growing!!! I was friggin stoked!!

Today's lunch. For me, smoked to perfection. I know a lot of people like their tuna pink in the middle. I like mine cooked a little more. I pulled it out of the smoked at 145°f and it was still juicy!! The smokey flavor is so good!!
20220707_144545.jpeg
20220707_144553.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The smokey flavor is so good!!
Wish I had the time and patience to smoke more of my food. I just throw all mine in the oven and call it a day :LOL:

Looks very tasty though!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wish I had the time and patience to smoke more of my food. I just throw all mine in the oven and call it a day

Looks very tasty though!
This was actually smoked in less than an hour! I may smoke more today and make a dip with it.

Just getting off work, eating a light breakfast. Going to the gym in 2.5 hours.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This was actually smoked in less than an hour! I may smoke more today and make a dip with it.

Just getting off work, eating a light breakfast. Going to the gym in 2.5 hours.
Only looks about a million X better than canned tuna.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your food looks delicious!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Only looks about a million X better than canned tuna.
Definitely looks a lot better than canned tuna! (Although it doesn't take much :LOL: )

• Haha
Reactions: SBH
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 9

Weight - ? I don't weigh myself unless I'm waking up in the mornings. Won't do that until Monday.

Things are definitely picking up! Workouts are better all around. I'm feeling better mentally throughout the day. The AA is working, that's for sure. Muscle soreness after every workout. Gladly, my joints are feeling good.
I feel like I'm holding a pump for quite a while after the workout. During the workout, both pump and vascularity is awesome! A regular at the gym asked me yesterday what I'm taking. It seems like after the 1st or 2nd warmup set, I'm already looking tighter.
For cardio yesterday, I followed some dude on a mountain bike trail around Lake Tahoe! Making my cardio so much easier! There were a lot of climbs and my thighs were on fire!

Here's the pump, after the weights, and then after the bike ride.
Screenshot_20220708-160413_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20220708-222950_Gallery.jpeg
20220708_092618.jpeg
20220708_095110.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got off work and was starving!! Decided to treat myself to a local delicacy, Waffle House!!
20220709_051914.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I got home this morning, I was hoping to stay up and work on some projects around the house. Evidently, sleeping upright in a chair the past 3 nights caught up with me and I ended up napping during the day. I absolutely HATE sleeping during the day. Especially if it's a sunny day!
So, anyway, my calorie expenditure today was at a bare minimum.
Tonight's dinner is a Greek salad with smoked tuna. Zero carbs and 100% friggin delicious!
20220709_171043.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 11

Weight - 196.6

LEANING OUT!!

So, I just finished 4 nights in a row yesterday morning. I came home, fried 2 eggs & then took about a 1.5 hour nap. My gym doesn't open till 10am on Sundays...

I knew that today & tomorrow, I'm working 12 hour days in 100f heat, so going to the gym probably doesn't happen. I went in yesterday with some intense focus. I knew I had to hit every body part & hit it with some good, quality lifts. Every lift saw in increase in strength! I even did flat bench - light - but flat bench is hard w/ the torn rotator cuff. But, I had good TUT and the squeeze/pump following was awesome!

I followed that up with a bike ride on the roads of Viet Nam.. That trainer I followed kicked my butt! It was awesome! Now that I have ear buds, I can hear him & he kept me motivated. It was interval training & probably 2 minutes into it, I was soaked & gasping for air! Great cardio with another great leg pump. I always go do my leg workout after the bike to make sure my knee is nice & warm/loose. On the single leg press, I worked up to 130lbs! For 3x15.

The rest of the day, I spent climbing a ladder all day, putting moulding up on the walls. By 6pm, I was spent & my whole body was just sore. I've noticed with these pills, the soreness seems to come on very quickly. Not like regular DOMS.

I wanted to grill a nice spatchcock chicken last night, but I just didn't have anything left. The wife ordered pizzas...:cautious: I had 3 slices, but probably should've stopped at 2. I just felt nasty after it. I tried to convince myself that it was a cheat day. About 3 hours later, still feeling full, I went to bed. I wanted to eat some cottage cheese, but my stomach wasn't ready for more food.

So, I get up this morning and get on the scale. I'm down even more, even after eating that pizza! WINNING!!

Post workout shot and bike ride:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice peak on biceps! Definitely leaning out :)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 14

Weight 197

The recomp is in full effect!!

Yesterday's gym session was nothing short of awesome!! The pump & vascularity kicked in before I even started lifting! Lol, jk. But, it did kick in right after my first warm up set on bench.
I received 3, yes 3 compliments in 1 day! Even while walking through Walmart after the gym, one of the employees said something!
The lifts were all good yesterday. Energy and intensity/aggression is up when working out. The focus is dialed in too!
I did notice a couple nights ago, that I can no longer take this after dinner. I layer in bed that night, wishing I could fall asleep.. Even with 40mg melatonin!
What I thought was a serious lower back pump has now turned out to be a very sore/stiff lower back. Thinking the house projects have caught up with me and now I'm feeling it.
My cardio sessions seem to be easier as well! Still riding the exercise bike and, literally, enjoying every second of it! Yesterday, I followed some Olympian Canadian girl through Whistler, Canada on an epic trail ride with some serious hill climbs. I came out of the saddle for some of them. The quads were pumpin!pumping!!
Screenshot_20220713-090844_Gallery.jpeg
20220713_073246.jpeg
20220713_075535.jpeg

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good brother! Sweet bike rides as well!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 16

Weight - ? Working nights. Will weigh in on Tuesday.

I meant to post this yesterday, but it was a long, busy day, followed by a fairly busy night at work last night.
All lifts are going up! This was a great week! I've noticed strength increased on virtually all lifts! Judging from what I see in the mirror, I'm probably holding steady on my weight, but I also think I'm gaining some size as well. The recomp is in full effect.
One thing I've noticed. As I've stated, I'm recovering from acl surgery and I'm also dealing with a torn rotator cuff. Now that I'm a couple weeks into this, I can confirm that shortly after dosing this, I do feel a little extra pain in those areas. Lol, it's becoming a love/hate relationship 🤣
The pumps and hardness is awesome. Like, I feel like I'm holding a pump for the better part of the day and my workouts are early morning.
After the weights yesterday, I rode the bike. It was interval training and my quads were swole afterwards!

Today was an off day, but I was bored this morning so I went and rode the roads of Maui. It was cool because I've been there a couple times and recognized the road. The 12% hill climbs were no joke!!
I'm supposed to be lifting again tomorrow, but the gym doesn't open until 10am, and by then the wife may be requesting family time.. May not be a bad idea because I'm working Sunday night too. We'll see. The addiction is real..

Pic from yesterday's lift and this mornings ride.
Screenshot_20220715-095223_Gallery.jpeg
20220716_084250.jpeg
20220716_084247.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but I was bored this morning so I went and rode the roads of Maui.
I've been to Maui once myself. Riding a bike on some of those roads would be pretty dangerous with how narrow they are!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I decided to go to the gym this morning, but probably should have rested.. I got home from work this morning and took about a 3 hour nap. Perhaps I should have slept a little longer.
This mornings workout just wasn't meant to be...
From the get go, it just felt like the muscles fatigued much quicker than normal. I kept trying to mentally psych myself up for each lift. Mentally, I was there. Physically, it was just taxing.
I guess after the first few exercises I would have recognized the fatigue and gone home. Honestly, I don't know how to walk away from a workout. Lol.

Anyway, I made it through and actually ended up with a pretty solid pump. Did a few exercises that I don't normally do, just to work around other guests. For the first time ever. Yes, ever, I did incline db curls!! I've been missing out!! The tension and pump were awesome!! I also did some bb shrugs, which I haven't done in ages. The trap pump was kickin!!
Taking my 12 year old daughter and 14 year old son to the gym tomorrow to show them a few different exercises.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 20

Weight - 198

So, yesterday was a first! I went to the gym in the evening! It was good to be in the gym, but I was right - it sucks working out with that many other people in there at the same time! Literally waiting on machines. Not gonna lie though, the eye candy was quite impressive! Lol. I noticed some ladies looking at me too, so obviously, that only motivates for extra weights & reps! Lol

Strength and libido continue to rise! This has been a great 20 days! Gonna be sad when it's done. Getting that alpha feeling as well. I mean, I'm 50 years old & feeling/looking better than everybody I work with, my kids parents, and a pretty decent amount of the guys at my gym! How can people not get addicted to this lifestyle!!??

I'm on days again today & tomorrow, so I'll take them off & just let my body rest. I don't feel like I need any days off, but I know my body can use the rest.

No pics, as it was just too crowded everywhere I went. Lol. I also got a good 30 minute bike ride with intervals & my thighs were pumped as hell! Also getting my vascularity in the quads back too!

Have I mentioned that I love this stuff!!??

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 20

Weight - 198

So, yesterday was a first! I went to the gym in the evening! It was good to be in the gym, but I was right - it sucks working out with that many other people in there at the same time! Literally waiting on machines. Not gonna lie though, the eye candy was quite impressive! Lol. I noticed some ladies looking at me too, so obviously, that only motivates for extra weights & reps! Lol

Strength and libido continue to rise! This has been a great 20 days! Gonna be sad when it's done. Getting that alpha feeling as well. I mean, I'm 50 years old & feeling/looking better than everybody I work with, my kids parents, and a pretty decent amount of the guys at my gym! How can people not get addicted to this lifestyle!!??

I'm on days again today & tomorrow, so I'll take them off & just let my body rest. I don't feel like I need any days off, but I know my body can use the rest.

No pics, as it was just too crowded everywhere I went. Lol. I also got a good 30 minute bike ride with intervals & my thighs were pumped as hell! Also getting my vascularity in the quads back too!

Have I mentioned that I love this stuff!!??
I bought two more bottles myself to continue the log an additional 8 weeks. Hit up the fellas that chose us. Maybe they can work something out where you can log an additional month.